What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Generational prospects don’t usually get passed up at all yet alone twice. Kind of interesting.
Ayton had some of the "you can't pass up the athletic freak at 7-0" type of buzz. Sacramento is dumb AF. Atlanta traded the pick so three teams passed... Hawks kinda overthought things.

Not sure if the list was @KqWIN 's personal list of just his list of what the nba population at large thought. I would have had him that high on my own list but agree he had enough doubters in the nba that he'd be lower.

I think Oden over Durant was reasonable, or at least it was at the time. But Luka? It was idiotic. Can't defend that one. Luka was generational and it was obvious.
It was just weird that he was the two time Euro MVP playing against grown *** men and dominating... and then didn't go 1 or 2.

I think Oden over Durant was reasonable, or at least it was at the time. But Luka? It was idiotic. Can't defend that one. Luka was generational and it was obvious.
The big knock on KD was some thought he was too weak for the NBA. I remember him not being able to do a 185 bench press rep and (some) people were worried.

The big knock on KD was some thought he was too weak for the NBA. I remember him not being able to do a 185 bench press rep and (some) people were worried.

There is a legendary Colin Cowherd clip on this. He was saying this plus it’s a big-man league not a wings league. Oh how the tables have turned.

Yeah, it doesn’t usually happen. But, you know, the Suns and the Kings.
Suns have actually been a pretty good drafting team though.

I cant blame them too much for Ayton. His college stats were extremely impressive. The Bagley pick was insane though.

Right....but KD was still a bad ************ in college. My list a mix of my personal feelings and the general hype around these prospects, but more of the former. KD was a generational prospect to me, but in 2007 Greg Oden was so special that no one including myself (who did not care about KD being skinny) questioned Oden over Durant.

There is a legendary Colin Cowherd clip on this. He was saying this plus it’s a big-man league not a wings league. Oh how the tables have turned.
I remember him going on and on making fun of Curry and Klay "ohhh the splishy splash brothers... how cute". Dude is a total dunce.

Suns have actually been a pretty good drafting team though.

I cant blame them too much for Ayton. His college stats were extremely impressive. The Bagley pick was insane though.

The Suns have actually been pretty *** at drafting.

Right....but KD was still a bad ************ in college. My list a mix of my personal feelings and the general hype around these prospects, but more of the former. KD was a generational prospect to me, but in 2007 Greg Oden was so special that no one including myself (who did not care about KD being skinny) questioned Oden over Durant.
Just saying why Oden got picked over KD.

Oden was a proven archetype. KD was not.

Though I really forget what the word was on Oden's injury stuff during the pre-draft process.

Bagley was such a highly regarded prospect in high school if I remember right he was the #1 overall recruit. He did also play extremely well in college. I’m not excusing it but I can see the logic. He’s a guy I think could have been a better player if he went to a better situation.

Bagley was such a highly regarded prospect in high school if I remember right he was the #1 overall recruit. He did also play extremely well in college. I’m not excusing it but I can see the logic. He’s a guy I think could have been a better player if he went to a better situation.

For me he was such an obvious guy that was gonna struggle in the NBA. He was so bad at defense Duke had to move to a zone. He also couldn't shoot... was much more a late mid/late lotto guy for me personally. I liked JJJ and Mo Bamba more as bigs just because they could do the things bigs need to.

For what its worth I also loved Michael Beasley... they ain't all winners.

The Suns have been terrible drafting inside the top-10 the last decade:

2013 - Alex Len #5
2016 - Dragan Bender #4
2017 - Josh Jackson #4
2020 - Jalen Smith #10

That is ****ing horrendous.

WOW! Are you guys watching? I feel like he's trying to actually make the hardest possible move and make it?

WOW! Are you guys watching? I feel like he's trying to actually make the hardest possible move and make it?

It's crazy. This is actually one of the reasons why I was somewhat skeptical....like why does he take the hardest shots possible? Doesn't matter when he's making them though.

It's weird to say... but... he has trouble with his touch around the rim on putbacks...