What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I would guess he's the consensus pick around here for where the Jazz might be drafting. I'm on board also.

Weird comp, but he reminds me of a big Mike Conley. Conley did not have a good jumper then and it took him time in the NBA to find it. Wallace actually has significantly better shooting splits from the stripe and from 3.
This is exactly how I describe him to others. Reminds me of a bigger, better defending Mike Conley.

I love the kid.

Nah… he’s small TJ Warren but shoots more threes… something like that

He’s one of the best shooters in the draft. His shooting efficiency this year rivals just about anyone in this draft and it’s probably his best skill going into the NBA. Considering that has always been a weakness/question mark for Warren I’d compare him more to Bogey.

This is exactly how I describe him to others. Reminds me of a bigger, better defending Mike Conley.

I love the kid.

I see shades of Melton, Derrick White, and Jrue. He’s not the PnR technician that Mike is/was but he has a lot more size.

I think Brice is a guy I’d be comfortable missing on. Dude is a bucket but the other stuff is a problem obviously… you might end up feeling a little dumb if the guy is an awesome scorer and the other stuff evens out… because the scoring stuff was obvious of course he’s gonna be good.

There are guys I love and guys I’d really love someone else to love so they take them and push the other guys I love down a spot or two… I really hope Brice gets some hype somewhere in the process and someone takes him in front of us.

He's 19. He shouldn't be expected to be a complete player at this stage. The fact that he's got an NBA body that fits the wing position and he has bankable three-level scoring is enough to make him a mid first-round prospect. It's not like he's physically unable to defend or move the ball. It's a question of whether he'll ultimately be willing and be coachable. Outside the lottery, he stands out as an NBA-level talent. Most players in that range are iffy for one reason or another.

That is virtually everyone i do not want the jazz to draft except for GG. Hes young and needs attitude adjustment, but tall althletic with NBA body. Id draft him with our second pick.
With this season’s development track-record and the bulletproof culture here I think GG (with the second pick) HERE could be a steal.

Essentially the same as the last one for Utah I believe. At least I know he mocked us JHS and Miller last time, George might be new.

That is virtually everyone i do not want the jazz to draft except for GG. Hes young and needs attitude adjustment, but tall althletic with NBA body. Id draft him with our second pick.
That’s most of my list as well, but I’d be ok with GG and JHS. One thing I like about JHS that I’ve seen is he seems to handle the ball a lot in high screen and roll actions - something the Jazz are actually good at. Wouldn’t want to use our first pick on him, but I’m okay with him with the 2nd pick.

With a lot of the guys I don’t like, it’s mostly about where I think they’ll be picked. I’d be happy with a number of them with the Philly pick (assuming the Jazz keep it - which I increasingly think is unlikely.)

Laughable. There is just no way Ainge takes an undersized SG that doesn’t grind over Cason Wallace. Not happening.
IT will be interesting for these guys when measurements come out. George looks a bit bigger than he is listed to my eyes. Going to say he is 6'4.5 in shoes w/ a 6'9 wingspan. Obviously not great size, but not terribly undersized either. He's got a nice frame though to put on strength.

Also if any prospect was liable for a bad medical report, it's probably Cason Wallace as he has dealt with a lower back injury all season.

On one hand you can say that gives him more upside as he hasnt been healthy, but it's also probably the most worrying body part to have a nagging injury for a 19 year old.

Keyonte is a 6th man at this point for me, which is fine at 8-12 range.
I would bet on him becoming a decent Fultz level playmaker but always a score first type you maybe don't want running your offense especially when you already have one like that in Sexton.
I liked Keyonte more early on, not so much now. Leaning towards DA going high ceiling front court and role player 2 way back court later

Essentially the same as the last one for Utah I believe. At least I know he mocked us JHS and Miller last time, George might be new.
I like KOC mostly but this is dumb... George and JHS... dumb.