What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

An incredibly talented ****-head.
Why do you have a problem with him? The guy is an extremely hard worker and has improved significantly. I also love the fact that he called out all the players that are resting for no reason.

Why do you have a problem with him? The guy is an extremely hard worker and has improved significantly. I also love the fact that he called out all the players that are resting for no reason.
There was the whole him making fun of gay people thing from this past summer.

Anton Watson is an interesting deep sleeper. Probably undrafted/late 2nd round, but if you can teach him to shoot he has some upside as a versatile defensive 4 who has some passing feel.

i've been thinking the last few weeks that Amari Bailey is being slept on in a big way - especially in comparison to other highly ranked guards like Nick Smith and Keyonte George. Bailey started off really slow, but is averaging 11 ppg on 50/40/75 since conference play started. While a guy like Keyonte started fast and got a ton of recognition, Bailey has arguably been the better player for the bulk of the season. He doesn't get to play on the ball much with Tyger Campbell as the full time PG, but Bailey is a natural PG and has very good size for the position and is a plus athlete. I'm not saying Bailey should be draft higher than Keyonte as Keyonte has more upside as a scorer and creator, but I think he's a first round guy if he comes out.

i've been thinking the last few weeks that Amari Bailey is being slept on in a big way - especially in comparison to other highly ranked guards like Nick Smith and Keyonte George. Bailey started off really slow, but is averaging 11 ppg on 50/40/75 since conference play started. While a guy like Keyonte started fast and got a ton of recognition, Bailey has arguably been the better player for the bulk of the season. He doesn't get to play on the ball much with Tyger Campbell as the full time PG, but Bailey is a natural PG and has very good size for the position and is a plus athlete. I'm not saying Bailey should be draft higher than Keyonte as Keyonte has more upside as a scorer and creator, but I think he's a first round guy if he comes out.
What is his standout skill or attribute?

So is that midget for kansas state with all the assists going to be a first round pick?
no chance, though i could see him going mid-second or so. besides being a midget, he only shoots 28% from three. his height and lack of ability to shoot is a really bad combination. reminds me a lof of sharif cooper coming out of auburn - though Cooper was a lot younger - just so hard for dudes that small in today's league.

no chance, though i could see him going mid-second or so. besides being a midget, he only shoots 28% from three. his height and lack of ability to shoot is a really bad combination. reminds me a lof of sharif cooper coming out of auburn - though Cooper was a lot younger - just so hard for dudes that small in today's league.
What? He shot 35% this year brother and he's an elite FT shooter. Teams guard him like he can shoot the **** out of it. He probably has no chance in the NBA due to his size, but shooting is not the issue.

What? He shot 35% this year brother and he's an elite FT shooter. Teams guard him like he can shoot the **** out of it. He probably has no chance in the NBA due to his size, but shooting is not the issue.
i was looking at the wrong number when i cited 28% from three. but he can't shoot. he shot 30% from three the previous season and only shot 38% from the field this year. he's not an nba level shooter.

size for his position, athleticism, strength and shooting. and he's a plus defender.
Are we pretending he's a PG?

He's an averaged sized combo guard with average NBA athleticism. He's going to have a very lackluster wingspan measurement, 6'6 tops. He shot 70% from the FT line and his 3pt % while good is on very low volume.

The best thing I can say about Bailey is that he played his role and found a positive fit on a great UCLA team (sadly decimated by injuries, could have been a Champion). I think he does have a future shot in the NBA when he wants one, but no way should he come out now. He needs to become a much better shooter and get more reps as a lead handler/playmaker. I dont think he would have much success if he came out now. He has a rich mother and I'm sure he can rake in NIL money at UCLA. No reason to come out when he's going to have the reigns at UCLA next season to really prove himself.

Are we pretending he's a PG?

He's an averaged sized combo guard with average NBA athleticism. He's going to have a very lackluster wingspan measurement, 6'6 tops. He shot 70% from the FT line and his 3pt % while good is on very low volume.

The best thing I can say about Bailey is that he played his role and found a positive fit on a great UCLA team (sadly decimated by injuries, could have been a Champion). I think he does have a future shot in the NBA when he wants one, but no way should he come out now. He needs to become a much better shooter and get more reps as a lead handler/playmaker. I dont think he would have much success if he came out now. He has a rich mother and I'm sure he can rake in NIL money at UCLA. No reason to come out when he's going to have the reigns at UCLA next season to really prove himself.
he's absolutely a PG - has always been a PG until he had to defer to the upperclassman when he got to ucla. but yeah, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him go back to school. very underrated right now - he goes back, he could get into the mid-first round where right now he's not going to sniff the first round.

i was looking at the wrong number when i cited 28% from three. but he can't shoot. he shot 30% from three the previous season and only shot 38% from the field this year. he's not an nba level shooter.
Yeah, I heavily disagree.

FT% is the main indicator of shooting, especially when you're elite at it. Look at Austin Reaves. Sometimes these guys are relied upon so much at the college level they can't shoot it as efficiently as they are capable of. Again, dont think he's a NBA player due to size, but whatever pro league he ends up in, he's going to shoot the **** out of the ball because he's a very good shooter.

lol. don't be dumb. i acknowledged he hasn't played pg this season.
Well then you think he can develop into one. He currently isnt one and going up a competition level isnt really going to do wonders for him in that regard. Right now he's just a mid-range scorer w/ lackluster measurables/athleticism and solid IQ/intagibles

If he came out I would advocate for taking him in the 40's range of the 2nd round. Riley Kugel, another combo guard prospect who will likely return, is a much much better pro prospect IMO.

Curious about the possibility of trading into #2 or #3 this year by trading three or four dimes for a quarter. Jazz have a bunch - perhaps an excess - of nice, useful pieces/assets to mix n match: Clarkson SnT, THT?, Dunn?, Sexton, … and don’t crucify me here: Kessler. Plus the ability to absorb salary and obviously having multiple picks this year.

Washington or Portland might be marks for this type of thing.

Curious about the possibility of trading into #2 or #3 this year by trading three or four dimes for a quarter. Jazz have a bunch - perhaps an excess - of nice, useful pieces/assets to mix n match: Clarkson SnT, THT?, Dunn?, Sexton, … and don’t crucify me here: Kessler. Plus the ability to absorb salary and obviously having multiple picks this year.

Washington or Portland might be marks for this type of thing.
Go die in a hole. KESSLER. Just go be a lakers fan.