What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I’m concerned that Hawkins doesn’t have the athleticism, strength, and aggressiveness to warrant a lottery pick. Have you seen him drive and finish in traffic in the paint? Do you see him demanding the ball? Other than shoot catch and shoot 3s off a pick, what does he do? Defend? Rebound? Create for others? He’s mostly invisible with the exception of a few short bursts of 3s in these college games being defended by smaller players than in the nba.

We should maximize on the length available in this draft. Having positionless players that can do multiple things is the future of the NBA. I’m concerned that Hawkins just can’t do enough.
how much you want to be Hawk has a bigger wingspan than Grady? smh at these things you are saying about him make you sound ignorant.I would suggest you never even watch any college ball again, it does not matter what his stats are to me, what matters is if the skill stays the same and gets better. He has the best shot mechanics and motion of anyone in a decade. You not seeing that makes you blind imo

how much you want to be Hawk has a bigger wingspan than Grady? smh at these things you are saying about him make you sound ignorant.I would suggest you never even watch any college ball again, it does not matter what his stats are to me, what matters is if the skill stays the same and gets better. He has the best shot mechanics and motion of anyone in a decade. You not seeing that makes you blind imo

You think Hawkins will have a longer wingspan than Dick?

I sincerely don’t understand what you’re saying in this post. Nor did you address any point made in my post. Before calling someone ignorant, please try writing a coherent paragraph that addresses relevant arguments made by the other person. Also, don’t forget to double check your spelling. Most children learn how to do this in the 5th grade. Do better!

I like Agbaji as well ( you are clearly the biggest OA homer on here and it's clear that is your reasoning for this semi stupid take) in fact there is no way Ochai gets that much usage without being a better on ball player. Hawkins is a much better on ball guard with a handles and a first step so as a playmaker he is slowly beginning to be given credit in that area as far as projected ability in the NBA. The innefficient label on Hawkins is weak argument imo, he is arguably the best shooter in this draft class, but with all the attention he has gotten this season from other teams defenses game planned against him his stat line aint the greatest. He is a legit 6'4 no shoes minimum imo and he don't play barefoot anyway. He is 6'5 on paper that is more than big enough.
The length is obvious as well lol
Granted that team is stacked and it can be a little misleading so I guess you missed it

btw dick sucks aaaahhhahhhahh
this is an important point regarding Hawkins supposed (i say supposed because 58% TS is fine) inefficiency. but his shooting stats aren't great because he's faceguarded for 40 minutes every game. basically the opposing team's entire defensive scheme on the perimeter is to ensure Hawkins doesn't get looks - yet his role on his team is as a scorer so in order to play his role and help his team win he has to take a lot of what would otherwise be considered bad shots - but he take them because it helps his team - it opens up opportunities for the bigs and the other guards. and it obviously works as they are playing tonight. individually it hurts his stats, but it's winning basketball.

His shooting form is spectacular
Agreed. Perfect form, perfect arch, perfect ball rotation. Its beautiful. And over 45% from 3 backs it up. I haven't mentioned him much but I would be excited if we draft him.

Agreed. Perfect form, perfect arch, perfect ball rotation. Its beautiful. And over 45% from 3 backs it up. I haven't mentioned him much but I would be excited if we draft him.

If the Jazz are drafting at #9 or #10, I'd be willing to bet a ham sandwich that Gradey is the pick. Unless Keyonte George comes in and somehow blows the Jazz away.

I don't think we select Dick with the #9... I think there are enough shooters to wait until #13 and see who drops. I could see a team starved for shooting selecting Dick before #9 though.