What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

It’s very weird to me to overlook Amen and Ausar when it comes to shooting then simultaneously crush Black for it.

Is anyone doing that? I can only think of one person that overlooks the twins’ shooting but that does not surprise me given who that person is. Everybody sees that as a concern for them.

It’s seems as though there’s a consensus top 7, and then another consensus “tier” of four more guys: Black/Wallace/Dick/Hendricks in some order. I would bet on someone from the top 7 falling behind one of the next four. There’s a good chance that happens twice because POR/WAS have good reason to like one of the next four in terms of fit. Dick/Hendricks fit well for POR and WAS needs a PG.

I would say it’s 50/50 or better that one of the consensus top 7 are there at 9. Ausar and Cam being the most likely candidates if someone were to fall.

It’s seems as though there’s a consensus top 7, and then another consensus “tier” of four more guys: Black/Wallace/Dick/Hendricks in some order. I would bet on someone from the top 7 falling behind one of the next four. There’s a good chance that happens twice because POR/WAS have good reason to like one of the next four in terms of fit. Dick/Hendricks fit well for POR and WAS needs a PG.

I would say it’s 50/50 or better that one of the consensus top 7 are there at 9. Ausar and Cam being the most likely candidates if someone were to fall.

I think Ausar and Jarace are the most likely to fall but also could go 5/6. It’s ****ing wild.

I’m not trading anything to move up in the draft this year. After the top 3, it’s a crapshoot. Save your ammunition for an established star.

This is probably the most I've aligned with a board to this point. Wallace at 6 was WILD to me, though. Maybe Walker at 8 was equally wild to others (not to me). I'd probably have GG below Keyonte, but I think he generally hit the 12-16 crop really well. Love that he had the stones to untrench Jett and NSJ and drop them in the mid-20's.

Also, I think Mintz is being slept on. Maybe like with WK where notions of what modern basketball is/should be gets out of wack with reality. As has been gone over to death by now, the idea that a 6' 3" PG is "small" is just divorced from reality. I don't even know the number of guards with pure point chops that are clearly bigger in the NBA, but I'm confident he is still in the top 50th percentile even if his official measurements come in a little below what's currently advertised. If the jumpshot comes along (it's currently fairly effective with workable form, good FT%, and overall great touch) I think he'll be a steal unless he rises a ton.
I invented Mintz

Give me cam please

Watched some Judah Mintz tonight.

Man I really like dude. He is a terrible 3pt shooter but dude can ball and at 6’3” with a reporter 7’ wingspan, you gotta keep an eye on him.
@NUMBERICA

From Feb *shrug*

There are 5-6 other posts I’ve made on him. I think the kids a gamer man. Just gets buckets and helps his team.

Can’t hit the 3 consistently but a lot of dudes have that same knock and are in the top 10 of mocks. Judah should be in play in the teens imo.

I would say Ausar and Walker (not Cam) would be the two more likely to fall.

I would say Ausar and Walker (not Cam) would be the two more likely to fall.

Agreed….I’m unsure of what to think with Ausar. Seems like he’s worse than his brother at everything besides shooting, but shooting is by far the most important skill for them. He’s not as hopeless as Amen….but probably still not good either.

Wonder if he can be Igoudala.

Agreed….I’m unsure of what to think with Ausar. Seems like he’s worse than his brother at everything besides shooting, but shooting is by far the most important skill for them. He’s not as hopeless as Amen….but probably still not good either.

Wonder if he can be Igoudala.
The Thompson twins may both go a spot or two lower than the consensus... I really think nba teams will get nervous on them and go different routes if they have suitable substitutes.