What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I remember weeks ago when posters were swearing to me now way Bufkin would go lottery and now he's 11th on one of the bigger draft writer's board.

Sam also has Jett Howard at 27.

I'm not a huge Jett fan, but if he's there at 28 that's potentially huge value. Has a chance at being the best shooter in the class at 6'8. Kind of lacking elsewhere, but 6'8 shooting is 6'8 shooting. Don't think his weaknesses are to point where he should fall that low. I expect him to improve in those areas a bit.

Sam trying to claim Leonard Miller
If Jarace Walker was available at 9 I would be a pretty happy person. I think he would fit wonderfully in the Jazz lineup. I know most people seem to be projecting him as a 4 but he can guard most positions.

I really hope the Jazz can trade up. I don’t see Hendricks or certainly Whitmore being there at 9 and I’m losing my excitement for Wallace and Dick. Not been sold on Anthony Black either.

The Jazz have to hit on a pick this year. Have to.

I think I'm still leaning George > Hawkins. Their seasons ended in opposite ways and I wonder if that's having too big of an impact on people's evaluations. George is not the typical type of prospect I like, but I think he's falling too far. I think his toughness on defense is a little underrated, and while his shot is not as good as Hawkins I think he offers a more diverse overall game. I think Hawkins could be a special shooter, but there's only a couple Redick/Hield type shooters and a lot more Ellington/Shamets.

Last edited:
I think I'm still leaning George > Hawkins. Their seasons ended in opposite ways and I wonder if that's having too big of an impact on people's evaluations. George is not the typical type of prospect I like, but I think he's falling too far. I think his toughness on defense is a little underrated, and while his shot is not as good as Hawkins I think he offers a more diverse overall game. I think Hawkins could be a special shooter, but there's only a couple Reddick/Hield type shooters and a lot more Ellington/Shamets.
If George is on the board at 16 I’m pretty sure you have to take him.

Haven't seen anyone dislike Bufkin. Dude is great on film and on paper.
It might be me. I made the audacious claim that Bufkin will probably be available at #16 and if he isn’t then someone I might like even more will be.

It might be me. I made the audacious claim that Bufkin will probably be available at #16 and if he isn’t then someone I might like even more will be.

Eh, Bufkin at #16 isn't exactly a hater take lol. I'm not sure if I'd take Bufkin or George. Bufkin is a lot better at getting to the basket and scoring, but I think Keyonte has really good potential as an off the dribble shooter. George isn't Clippers Eric Gordon....but he could be Rockets Eric Gordon who was super valuable as a bomber and underrated tough defender.

Eh, Bufkin at #16 isn't exactly a hater take lol. I'm not sure if I'd take Bufkin or George. Bufkin is a lot better at getting to the basket and scoring, but I think Keyonte has really good potential as an off the dribble shooter. George isn't Clippers Eric Gordon....but he could be Rockets Eric Gordon who was super valuable as a bomber and underrated tough defender.
I have them more or less rated the same overall. Bufkin seems more well-rounded but George has some serious skill and talent. You made a point about the pull-up 3 (and how it’s one of the most important shots in basketball) about George that has stuck with me.

I think I'm still leaning George > Hawkins. Their seasons ended in opposite ways and I wonder if that's having too big of an impact on people's evaluations. George is not the typical type of prospect I like, but I think he's falling too far. I think his toughness on defense is a little underrated, and while his shot is not as good as Hawkins I think he offers a more diverse overall game. I think Hawkins could be a special shooter, but there's only a couple Redick/Hield type shooters and a lot more Ellington/Shamets.
I'd be interested at 16. It wouldn't be an automatic draft for me, but he's enticing. I'd probably have Whitehead/GG over him though as far as blue chip HS prospects who disappointed in college.

I'd also probably still take Hawkins over George at 16 if they were both there and I had to choose. Hawkins has a better shot at being an impactful in his role than George does IMO. Maybe there is some kind of outcome that would make me want George at 16, but it probably won't happen.

Last edited: