What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I've seen the Klintman hype from some of the draft nerds....Idk. I think I'd be more interested in him if he was younger. I think the late first round options are good enough that I would pass on him at 28.

If he wasn't ranked so high by the consensus, I'm not even sure where I would rank Walker. I am not an expert so I lean a lot on those that know more than me but I don't see a top-10 prospect. He should be a good defensive player but not a lot jumps off the screen or the page to me. What is his impact if the shot never really comes along and the playmaking never develops?

The more I think about it, the more I'm a believer in Cam Whitmore. He has really good shooting numbers, and his physical profile is REALLY intriguing (compact: not the tallest, but long, fast, AND strong). Plays with his head down, but he's strong enough to bully AND fast enough to beat dudes off the dribble. Plays hard.

This team really needs playmaking off the bounce and I don't think you can plan on him being a great creator for others, but creating for oneself does count.

I like Hendricks, but I'm still Walker > Hendricks. His defense is great, but I don't think it's quite as high level as is being described. While he does have switchability, his uprightness still worries me. Don't love the idea of him chasing guys around screens on the perimeter. He's really skinny right now, and while he can definitely add some weight to his frame in the future, I don't think he's a guy who can handle a ton of contact on either end. I prefer Walker's frame, even if he's less gifted laterally and vertically. These maybe aren't the most premium things to look for, but Walker's superior strength, physicality, ball handling, feel, and passing go a long way for me.

Hmm.. ok., but I was always taught growing up that you play the position you can guard.

If Walker could guard 1-4 .. I would have thought he would easily fit into the 3-4 role.
I’m not sure why we believe these dumb rules. They are cute though.