What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

3 point shooting is obviously a concern for Scoot, but I also expected him to be more prolific at the rim. All the talk about him being a crazy work ethic guy who is optimizing his game for the NBA is great, but the other side of the coin is that if he's putting in all that work it hasn't amounted to much.....yet anyways.

I still like Scoot a lot. After the games against Wemby I thought he was a #1 level prospect for sure. Don't think I have him rated as highly anymore. Still a top 3/5 prospect in normal drafts, but I do not think there are two #1 guys in this years draft and I could see arguments for Miller or even Amen over Scoot. He's a better prospect than Ivey last year.
Shooting and one of the things I've noticed is he is really right hand dominant in the paint... I wonder if finishing on the left side with the right hand hurts him at the rim a bit. I'm not terribly concerned about his shooting as he has a good base to work from.

Shooting and one of the things I've noticed is he is really right hand dominant in the paint... I wonder if finishing on the left side with the right hand hurts him at the rim a bit. I'm not terribly concerned about his shooting as he has a good base to work from.

I honestly haven't watched a ton of Scoot, which is why I don't have too strong of an opinion on Scoot vs Miller/Amen/Cam, but these details do matter quite a bit. He could be like Mitchell and just be amazing at using his right and in any and all situations haha.

I'd be cool with that draft.

Got the safe role player in Cason, the star upside with GG, and the high level role player upside with Bilal.
You’d be fine drafting a pg with limited offensive upside, basically guaranteeing, he’s a role player. I don’t give an *** about safety with a top 10 pick, I want the possibility of stardom or high upside starter that’s not Cason

You’d be fine drafting a pg with limited offensive upside, basically guaranteeing, he’s a role player. I don’t give an *** about safety with a top 10 pick, I want the possibility of stardom or high upside starter that’s not Cason
Do you even watch the games fool. Cason could very well be a good two way starter in the league… just cuz he ain’t flashy, doesn’t have a highlight reel of him dunking on guys 2 years younger than him, and doesn’t post daily videos of him crossing up furniture doesn’t mean he’s low upside. He’s good at many basketball things on both sides of the court… and he’s got that dawg in him. Just because he has a high floor doesn’t mean his upside is limited.

Wild *** swings for the fences at #9 are not recommended.

Do you even watch the games fool. Cason could very well be a good two way starter in the league… just cuz he ain’t flashy, doesn’t have a highlight reel of him dunking on guys 2 years younger than him, and doesn’t post daily videos of him crossing up furniture doesn’t mean he’s low upside. He’s good at many basketball things on both sides of the court… and he’s got that dawg in him. Just because he has a high floor doesn’t mean his upside is limited.

Wild *** swings for the fences at #9 are not recommended.
I did just watch a full game, I think it was Sunday. I said then when I posted my thoughts on his game I watched that one is not enough to have all the goods on him, and he’s still developing I’d assume. But I just didn’t see him do much with the ball in hand, and didn’t do much playmaking.

I did just watch a full game, I think it was Sunday. I said then when I posted my thoughts on his game I watched that one is not enough to have all the goods on him, and he’s still developing I’d assume. But I just didn’t see him do much with the ball in hand, and didn’t do much playmaking.
He dealt with injuries but his numbers aren’t that bad. He stays in his lane like a lot of Kentucky players… guard’s especially the theory of what he could be is very much something we need and I’m watching the playoffs and seeing a lot of guards his size do well… seeing how valuable two way players are… like even if he’s an average pg on offense he projects to be probably top 5 pg on defense… Cason also a dawg and that is something we currently lack and something the last iteration of this team needed desperately… he’s safe cuz he has a high floor… it doesn’t mean he has no upside… he has great upside. His median outcome might be okay starter… whereas GG’s median outcome is G League starter. If he’s some version of Jrue… that’s a home run.

He dealt with injuries but his numbers aren’t that bad. He stays in his lane like a lot of Kentucky players… guard’s especially the theory of what he could be is very much something we need and I’m watching the playoffs and seeing a lot of guards his size do well… seeing how valuable two way players are… like even if he’s an average pg on offense he projects to be probably top 5 pg on defense… Cason also a dawg and that is something we currently lack and something the last iteration of this team needed desperately… he’s safe cuz he has a high floor… it doesn’t mean he has no upside… he has great upside. His median outcome might be okay starter… whereas GG’s median outcome is G League starter. If he’s some version of Jrue… that’s a home run.

GG's median outcome is Jeff Green. 'Median' outcome means middle outcome, not low end. It's getting late in the season to throw up takes like that.

Last edited:
I think it's fair to say Cason doesn't project to be a great iso player, but I think he has the tools to play well in the pnr, and I think his shot looks good enough to me that he'll be able to play on or off ball.

What game did you watch? Like most prospects in this draft they had a nice mix of really good games and stinkers this year.

GG's median outcome is Jeff Green. 'Median' outcome means middle outcome, not low end. It's getting late in the season to throw up takes like that.
That’s his high end outcome friend. Lol… I understand what median means. If GG sucks with the ball in his hands at the next level he’s a G league guy based on the other stuff he showed. The ball is earned at the next level not gifted.