What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Uncle Jeff has a better wingspan at 7-1 and is a nuclear athlete. He also did other things than chuck. Also his videos had small appliances instead of chairs.

Uncle Jeff has a better wingspan at 7-1 and is a nuclear athlete. He also did other things than chuck. Also his videos had small appliances instead of chairs.

GG is more skilled than Green, imo. Green is a straight-line driver with a limited handle and flakey jump shot. He makes some big plays, and he's a rotational player, but GG has All Star potential.

GG is more skilled than Green, imo. Green is a straight-line driver with a limited handle and flakey jump shot. He makes some big plays, and he's a rotational player, but GG has All Star potential.
It depends on what you mean by skilled. Like if Green tried to create a bunch of inefficient mid rangers it might look like what GG does. To be an nba player he either needs to be a star as a scorer or
play more like an Uncle Jeff type. Again to get the ball like he undoubtedly wants he will need to be so much more efficient. His median outcome is like a poor man’s Marcus Morris… I don’t get the enormous upside of a guy who is 6-9 that wants to play like Jordan Clarkson. Like I guess if he showed he wants to do some of the stuff a wing should do maybe… but dudes that can’t impact the game without having the ball in their hand can fail hard and fast.

It depends on what you mean by skilled. Like if Green tried to create a bunch of inefficient mid rangers it might look like what GG does. To be an nba player he either needs to be a star as a scorer or
play more like an Uncle Jeff type. Again to get the ball like he undoubtedly wants he will need to be so much more efficient. His median outcome is like a poor man’s Marcus Morris… I don’t get the enormous upside of a guy who is 6-9 that wants to play like Jordan Clarkson. Like I guess if he showed he wants to do some of the stuff a wing should do maybe… but dudes that can’t impact the game without having the ball in their hand can fail hard and fast.

You just don’t understand the talent and skill necessarily to make mid range shots at a 28% clip! That screams all star potential!

The last part is absolutely correct. If there’s a glimmer of hope, it’s that GG is a decent spot up shooter and can maybe be a play finisher around the hoop. But that’s kind of a stretch because his shooting isn’t anything ground breaking and his shooting at the basket is not amazing either. His peripheral skills like passing, rebounding, and defense were all dogwater but he will need to improve immensely in those areas to get on the court. So if he can improve on the things he’s not bad at and some of the things he was downright awful at you’re looking at a Marcus Morris type. To me a that’s a high end, 85th percentile outcome. You’re basically asking him to be a completely different player and throwing out the stuff people hype him up for.

GG ain’t getting on the court by being a ****** “shot maker” with nothing else. There are guys who can create shots and actually make them but still don’t see much game time bc they suck at everything else.

Incoming “he’s 18 and it was so hard at South Carolina”. OK well that might explain why he was crappy and he can improve….but makes us think he’s going to go from bad to elite at the things he was terrible at? It would take massive improvements just to get to average. There are countless players who have all star potential if you imagine them being amazing at the stuff they suck at.

Last edited:
He dealt with injuries but his numbers aren’t that bad. He stays in his lane like a lot of Kentucky players… guard’s especially the theory of what he could be is very much something we need and I’m watching the playoffs and seeing a lot of guards his size do well… seeing how valuable two way players are… like even if he’s an average pg on offense he projects to be probably top 5 pg on defense… Cason also a dawg and that is something we currently lack and something the last iteration of this team needed desperately… he’s safe cuz he has a high floor… it doesn’t mean he has no upside… he has great upside. His median outcome might be okay starter… whereas GG’s median outcome is G League starter. If he’s some version of Jrue… that’s a home run.
I hope you’re right, I just wouldn’t be too excited about the pick. I’d be fine with him at 16.

That’s his high end outcome friend. Lol… I understand what median means. If GG sucks with the ball in his hands at the next level he’s a G league guy based on the other stuff he showed. The ball is earned at the next level not gifted.

Sounds like your median outcome goes with “sucks with the ball in his hands”. That sounds like worst case rather than median.

Assuming we don’t get a top 3 pick, I want Jarace Walker. Doesn’t fill our need at guard but I love his physicality and defense.

Assuming we don’t get a top 3 pick, I want Jarace Walker. Doesn’t fill our need at guard but I love his physicality and defense.

I don’t see anyone worth moving up to get. No chance at Wemby. Scoot is meh. Miller has too many red flags for me. The other guys aren’t worth it.

Of all the guys well out of our range I could easily see Ausar Thompson falling to our spot, and that would be fan-damn-tastic. I’m also leaning to Grady Duck if everything goes as expected. He’s not a star but he’s the safest bet to be at least a high end starter imo.

Sounds like your median outcome goes with “sucks with the ball in his hands”. That sounds like worst case rather than median.
Nah he could be okay with the ball in his hands and still end up out the league or end of the bench guy. The defense is horrific… I’ve heard the chair he plays against are actually winning those 1v1 matchups.

We’ll see but I wouldn’t bet on him until the 20s. If you want a gunner go get Sensabaugh… he does it on more volume and is actually efficient.

@Handlogten's Heros
@Saint Cy of JFC
@Ferguson_Mellochill

Let’s say we end up with the 9th pick, what do you want us to do? Curious who each of your guys is. Take someone at 9? Go up and get someone and if so, who and why?
Depends on who is available. I’d take:

Tay Henny
Ausar
Cason or Dick- kind of a toss up

There’s lots of guys I’d be fine with and if an opportunity presented itself to get Cam Whitmore or jump into the top three I’d bite.

Nah he could be okay with the ball in his hands and still end up out the league or end of the bench guy. The defense is horrific… I’ve heard the chair he plays against are actually winning those 1v1 matchups.

We’ll see but I wouldn’t bet on him until the 20s. If you want a gunner go get Sensabaugh… he does it on more volume and is actually efficient.
I don’t believe Sensabaugh is even capable of playing defense, so he’s a hard pass for me.

Of all the guys well out of our range I could easily see Ausar Thompson falling to our spot, and that would be fan-damn-tastic. I’m also leaning to Grady Duck if everything goes as expected. He’s not a star but he’s the safest bet to be at least a high end starter imo.
If we stay at #9 that is actually my prediction on who will fall and who we will take.

I don’t believe Sensabaugh is even capable of playing defense, so he’s a hard pass for me.
I was simply saying if you want to pick a gunner with no defense that he’s a clearly better option. GGs defense is just as bad or worse. He’s not my cup of tea either but at 16 I’d rather take him than GG.

I was simply saying if you want to pick a gunner with no defense that he’s a clearly better option. GGs defense is just as bad or worse. He’s not my cup of tea either but at 16 I’d rather take him than GG.
GG has knees and I’ve seen him play good defense. Again, Sensabaugh seems altogether busted on that side.

I’m talking out of my ***, but I’m not sure I’ve heard someone talk about Brice for more than three sentences without mentioning how terrible he is at defense.