What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Where do you find these stats for college players?

SI did an article on him -- https://www.si.com/nba/draft/newsfeed/a-scouts-take-gg-jacksons-off-ball-value-and-upside

Jackson’s high ceiling is clearly tied to his shot creation and shotmaking ability as a big wing handler. However, he offers tremendous value operating off the ball, which raises both his floor and overall versatility. ...Strictly from the eye test, Jackson projects as a valuable off ball shooting threat. He’s a confident shooter and talented shotmaker with touch and a fluid shooting stroke. There’s understandable concern about his 32% three-point mark, but the off ball numbers paint a cozier picture that should relieve most concerns about Jackson being a trustworthy, gravity holding floor spacer.
Jackson knocked down 35.7% of his spot up threes (30-of-84). He connected on 34.3% of his catch-and-shoot threes (37-of-108) and shot at a 36.2% clip on unguarded catch-and-shoot threes (17-of-47).

Looks like about the same volume as Wallace.

Yeah I think that's a fair thing to point out with the caveat that both are SSS.
It also looks like Dick is ELITE at pull-up shots.

This is why I think Dick might have some hidden high potential. He also has a crazy weird shot chart where he was almost 50% from above the break and barely 30% (IIRC) from the corners. He made the tougher shots, missed the easy ones. I trust a guy who makes the "hard" shots to make the easy ones more than the other way around. His off the dribble shooting might be special.

Really impressed with the Jazz draft picks. Especially the fist of the Thompson twins. Was hoping we could get one or both in OKC. Best of Luck.

I would not want to read this if I was a Wizards fan lol damn…

All around the room, team officials flipped through eight sheets of paper showing which teams owned each combination. The mood was frantic.

Ten seconds later, the third ball: No. 8. Several teams were still alive. Brett Greenberg, the Washington Wizards assistant general manager, knew instantly the Wizards had a chance. All 67 of their combinations had the No. 5 as the lowest digit. There were 11 balls left in the hopper. If the last ball drawn was No. 7, No. 9, No. 10, No. 11, No. 12 or No. 13, the Wizards would get Wembanyama. Eleven balls left; six were winners for Washington.

"Holy s---, we have a chance," Greenberg thought to himself. He hunched over his combination sheets and took a deep breath.

They are the bogey side step one dribble variety mostly... but he shoots the **** out of it and isn't just like Korver levels of one dimensional like people think.

This is fair….but I do think he’s someone who could get 10+ threes off a game with the right coach. Wish we saw him in a higher volume role at Kansas.

here's what i decided after Bane. draft position of need because BPA is a myth. nobody knows who the best player is, so who you think is the best guy in a position of need and hope for the best.
That didn't work out when we drafted Trey BUrke and gave up two picks to do it. One could have been Giannis and the other Rudy. Instead, we went with a short slow PG who I think is out of the league or at the end of the bench. You take the best player period. Portland did the same thing and passed on MJ for Bowie because they already had Clyde Drexler. They needed a center and ignored Bowie's injury history. You don't have to swing for the fences, great players are found all throughout the draft. You have to find a guy who wants to be good, has talent and plays team ball. I don't know enough about GG, but the red flags for me is his lack of skills besides creating his own shot. I would be fine taking him at 16 but not at 9, but if he is the best player left on the board I would change my opinion and take him. I just hope the Jazz can find a very good player and a good role player in this draft. I would consider this success.

I would not want to read this if I was a Wizards fan lol damn…

All around the room, team officials flipped through eight sheets of paper showing which teams owned each combination. The mood was frantic.

Ten seconds later, the third ball: No. 8. Several teams were still alive. Brett Greenberg, the Washington Wizards assistant general manager, knew instantly the Wizards had a chance. All 67 of their combinations had the No. 5 as the lowest digit. There were 11 balls left in the hopper. If the last ball drawn was No. 7, No. 9, No. 10, No. 11, No. 12 or No. 13, the Wizards would get Wembanyama. Eleven balls left; six were winners for Washington.

"Holy s---, we have a chance," Greenberg thought to himself. He hunched over his combination sheets and took a deep breath.
Me when I get the first number in a powerball drawing

That didn't work out when we drafted Trey BUrke and gave up two picks to do it. One could have been Giannis and the other Rudy.
Yes, because teams just draft the two best players in the draft basically outside the lottery every year.

Ausar is better on defense especially helping off the weak side to get blocks and steals and has a more consistent shot. Amen is slightly more athletic (both amazing) but tends to force it which can cause more turnovers per assist. Amen prefers to attack the rim and dunk, but while Ausar does some of that, he likes to contort his body to split defenders and scoop it in. This reviewer gives a slight edge to Ausar. I've read that for most of their lives Ausar was considered the better player and would win most one on one. In the last year there has been a bit of a shift in perception from scouts favoring Amen.
I would love to get Ausar. I think he is going to be really good. Plus, he looks like a team player, works hard and I think he will improve his shooting.

Lowe said on his pod today that #3 couldn't get Bridges or OG he didn't think. Bridges I get... locked into a great deal... has shown he can be great on ball more. OG though? Essentially one year deal and a guy who has missed 15-20 games most years... Boy if the Raps can get 3 for OG they better do it now.

OG is really good... but holy cow is he overrated if this is true.

Lowe said on his pod today that #3 couldn't get Bridges or OG he didn't think. Bridges I get... locked into a great deal... has shown he can be great on ball more. OG though? Essentially one year deal and a guy who has missed 15-20 games most years... Boy if the Raps can get 3 for OG they better do it now.

OG is really good... but holy cow is he overrated if this is true.
Honestly, I can’t see Portland getting enough for #3 to make them a contender. They should trade Dame for draft picks spread over the next few years. That might delay their timeline enough that they should liquidate #3 as well. We could give them #9 and the Lakers top 4 protected pick for #3. They could probably get a Donovan type trade package for Dame too. Together that sets their timeline and gives them lots of assets for the future.