What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Supposedly his workout sucked... but rumors were he was also sick. Make of it what you will... it is silly season.

Someone was complaining that the pace of GG's Pro Day workout wasn't as fast as some of the others. Like he was just on cruise control. GG looked good at the Combine though -- 37" vert, 3.21 3/4 court sprint, 214 lbs. He's not out of shape. I think someone is blowing smoke, same as that article which said Brandon Miller was out of shape and did poorly in interviews.

GG's interviews are more important than anything else he does in the predraft process.

Last edited:
Not to feed conspiracies, but San Antonio was reportedly Wembanyama's preferred destination, while both Charlotte and Portland are franchises that are up for sale and need to solidify their valuations. That said, those teams were also in the bottom five recordwise, so it doesn't look like an anomaly.

Here's the GG thing. I thought he looked good in his Pro Day, tbh. Overall, he measured well, tested well and shot the ball well at the Combine. If he interviewed well enough, then his stock should be going up.

View: https://twitter.com/Barlowe500/status/1660630930967470083

It’s hard to disappoint at a pro day… fair or not GG found a way… at least for a couple of guys to be disappointed.

It also could be some guys just seeing what they want. I don’t think this is a reason his stock should fall… and if his stock has fallen this isn’t the reason.

It’s hard to disappoint at a pro day… fair or not GG found a way… at least for a couple of guys to be disappointed.

It also could be some guys just seeing what they want. I don’t think this is a reason his stock should fall… and if his stock has fallen this isn’t the reason.
A lot of pro days disappoint, you just don't hear about them.

Looking at the prospects some more… kinda sucks that it seems clearer that there’s a clear tier of top 8 prospects. Hopefully someone in the top 8 makes a Jalen Smith-esque head scratching move. Looking at you, Wiz…

Looking at the prospects some more… kinda sucks that it seems clearer that there’s a clear tier of top 8 prospects. Hopefully someone in the top 8 makes a Jalen Smith-esque head scratching move. Looking at you, Wiz…
I personally don't see it this way at all. I think you really only have your top 4 guys that have real star upside, then the next 8 guys are all likely to be good starter level players, but less likely to be stars.

Yup Wemby, Scoot, Miller, Hendrix, Amen, Ausar, Cam, Walker are clearly the top 8 on most boards. It feels like anyone other than those 8 is settling even if it's Black or Wallace (or GG for some posters). Hopefully one slides down to us or we can move up without breaking the bank.

I do like Wallace and Black, but not on the same level as the rest.

Yup Wemby, Scoot, Miller, Hendrix, Amen, Ausar, Cam, Walker are clearly the top 8 on most boards. It feels like anyone other than those 8 is settling even if it's Black or Wallace (or GG for some posters). Hopefully one slides down to us or we can move up without breaking the bank.

I do like Wallace and Black, but not on the same level as the rest.

I think the Jazz are going to move around in the draft. They have enough assets, flexibility and motivation to go hunt the guys they want, within reason. I would think Whitmore and Walker are pretty obvious Danny Ainge targets.

As for on-ball guards, the Jazz can do well with guys like Keyonte, Kobe and Cason outside of those top 8. Who knows if there's truth to the Jazz liking Hood-Schifino.

I think the Jazz are going to move around in the draft. They have enough assets, flexibility and motivation to go hunt the guys they want, within reason. I would think Whitmore and Walker are pretty obvious Danny Ainge targets.

As for on-ball guards, the Jazz can do well with guys like Keyonte, Kobe and Cason outside of those top 8. Who knows if there's truth to the Jazz liking Hood-Schifino.
I hear Tony Jones talk favorably about Hood Schifino to the Jazz, but cannot think of anyone else with a big following pushing him to us. I have a hard time getting a good read on him.

I don’t really see it this way. I think there is a clear top-9 with Black. The idea of trading up to 8 is you’d get someone in the top-8 and could potentially have your choose of two if a team took Black in the top-7 or reached for someone else.

I don’t really see it this way. I think there is a clear top-9 with Black. The idea of trading up to 8 is you’d get someone in the top-8 and could potentially have your choose of two if a team took Black in the top-7 or reached for someone else.
I think when you consider fit that some might push the wing/bigs like Ausar, Cam, Hendricks, and Walker up in a tier or subtier above Black. I think there are some smart folks that also have Black in their top 6 or 7. I just see him as the most likely of the top 9 to be there since the pgs at the top of the draft have some fit concerns so if one team reaches for non-pg it could push everyone back a spot or two.

Like if Houston take Cam and Detroit goes Hendricks or Walker... then what? I think the idea of moving up to 8 for me is a double move... if you can move up to 8 and get a wing then you can hopefully trade up to #10 to grab the pg you want. If Wiz go wing then you have your choice of Black and Wallace... I doubt Dallas takes a pg but who knows who is drafting for them at #10.

So you get the premium wing and a pg.

If the price is high I'm cool taking Black or Wallace at 9 or whatever wing falls and then seeing what is there at 16. I think one of Bufkin, George, Bilal, Miller are there at 16... maybe 2 of them.