What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Amen at the 5 spot? I would trade the Lakers pick and a Cleveland pick to Detroit and keep 9. Have 5, 9, 16, 28. Trade 16, 28 to move up as well. Amen, Bilal, GG. Hardcore upside swings. Nice! And get Isaiah Wong in the 2nd round.

Detroit wouldn’t do that.

I just don't see what Utah has to offer the teams at the top of the draft. If Detroit is trading out they probably want guys who win now for their team, so unless they really love the idea of adding Collin Sexton as a 6th man, I don't see what Utah has to offer them.

I just don't see what Utah has to offer the teams at the top of the draft. If Detroit is trading out they probably want guys who win now for their team, so unless they really love the idea of adding Collin Sexton as a 6th man, I don't see what Utah has to offer them.

Future draft picks because their hands are tied with their own due to owning New York a protected first that isn’t likely to convey anytime soon.

Amen at the 5 spot? I would trade the Lakers pick and a Cleveland pick to Detroit and keep 9. Have 5, 9, 16, 28. Trade 16, 28 to move up as well. Amen, Bilal, GG. Hardcore upside swings. Nice! And get Isaiah Wong in the 2nd round.
No way Detroit does that deal..

That's true, but how many does it take? Nothing comes to mind as a similar trade for a top 5 pick
They only do a deal if the guys they like at 5 are close to the guys they like at 9... if they see no difference then it will be #9 and a Minny or Cleveland pick. I'm actually a little hesitant to do that but would depend on what the draft board looks like.

I don't think they are ready to push all in... so accumulating an asset and getting a guy may be palatable. They also need to think about fit a little with Cade/Ivey/Duren being the building blocks... maybe they think Hendricks will be there at 9 or maybe they get some shooting with Dick?

I think there is currently like a 35% chance one of Hendricks/Walker/Ausar are there at 9. It depends on if the Wiz go PG and if another team does something out of left field (like Bufkin, Bilal, etc.). I think I may I would kick the tires on moving up but might just wait our turn and use the pick to move up from 16 to get the best pg available at 10. If we landed one of - Hendricks/Walker/Ausar and one of Wallace/Black/Bufkin I think that is worth an extra pick to make happen and basically an ideal draft.

In 2019 the Lakers traded 4 for 8/17/35.
Other similar-ish deals…

kings traded 10 for 15 and 20 from Portland. That was Harry Giles, Zach Collins and Justin Jackson I believe.

hawks traded 3 for 5 and a future pick in the Luka Young deal.

If we get JHS with our first pick, I am Bo Jackson-ing the TV.
If we get JHS with our first pick I will post so much and be unbearable and fight everyone... just a repeat of the Udoka pick basically... then I will be really ornery and watch 82 effing games like an absolute sissy.

Don't make me do this Jazz.

Seriously... whoever we pick I will be happy or sad on the night but then throw my support behind them and hope like hell to be right... or wrong.