What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Wait..what if we trade with the Magic and the Mavs...I forgot where and it is likely not credible but I read that the Jazz are looking to do more than one move.

How does a Cam/Dick/Bilal draft sound?
A 9, 16, plus 1 future unprotected pick for 6 and 11 could be interesting. Might have to give up more there.

Use it to move up or keep it or trade it for a pick next year,but heck no to selling it
Is there any basketball related reason to trade a pick for cash (like salary cap relief or something that I'm having a hard time envisioning), or is it just useful to line Ryan Smith's pocketbooks?

If it's the latter, **** that. **** that..

So imo we are drafting the best left on our board of Auser, Hendricks and Keonte at 9, or if all 3 are gone then their bpa of Hawkins, Bufkin or Dick . At 16 the best of Miller, Whitehead or Wallace . 28 is hopefully OMAX, Colby Jones or Podz , but more likely Nnaji or Vukcevic if they are in still. I might trade that 28 to Boston for 35 if they agree to s/t us Pritchard
-then I could see Lewis, Lundy, or TJD at 35 or maybe a fly by on Bates or Livingston could make sense early 2nd.

The top 8 were:

1.Wemby
2.Scoot
3.Miller
4.Amen
5.Whitmore
6.Ausar
7.Walker
8.Black
Man, if Walker fell to 7 I would seriously use the Laker pick to move up 2 places. Indy would be better off with Hendricks anyway.

Last edited:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Hopefully, Trader Dan can sort out which guys are going to become stars and go get them.

I think the Jazz are going to be buyers this year and a move up - or multiples moves - are going to happen. Might be very different from what we’re expecting.

Personally, I’d love to see him add dynamic wings to the roster in the draft and then go hunt for a veteran PG via free agency or trade.

Is there any basketball related reason to trade a pick for cash (like salary cap relief or something that I'm having a hard time envisioning), or is it just useful to line Ryan Smith's pocketbooks?

If it's the latter, **** that. **** that..
The Jazz have sold picks for cash before. Some teams do it to avoid the salary luxury tax.

The Jazz have sold picks for cash before. Some teams do it to avoid the salary luxury tax.
A 1st round pick hasn’t been sold for straight cash in probably 15 years. I think the last time it ever even factored into a 1st round pick was when the Jazz traded a 2nd in addition to the maximum amount of cash allowed for Gobert 10 years ago.

The Jazz are not trading it for cash.