What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Not saying Wemby is Bol Bol... but I do think we should bring in Bol Bol (Orlando signed him) and just run some Beta tests... really let him explore the space. It would be at least kinda fun right?

Like the prototype that is mostly egg cartons and duct tape.

Not saying Wemby is Bol Bol... but I do think we should bring in Bol Bol (Orlando signed him) and just run some Beta tests... really let him explore the space. It would be at least kinda fun right?

Like the prototype that is mostly egg cartons and duct tape.
Bol Bol reportedly doesnt even like basketball and Wenby has been said to have a mindset of a GOAT.

Not even close to built the same.

Bol Bol reportedly doesnt even like basketball and Wenby has been said to have a mindset of a GOAT.

Not even close to built the same.
I said he was fun and was the duct tape and egg carton prototype. The real thing is built with actual materials... was more just thinking about guys in this mold of freaks who are coordinated/skilled and wanted to experiment. And then was like... well one of them might be available for not a lot. Not a comp.

Given what has just happened with Chet .. is a player like Victor W realistically the type of body / player who can become the generational franchise changing type he's being touted as ?? Has there ever been a player of this type truly succeed to his touted potential ??

I said he was fun and was the duct tape and egg carton prototype. The real thing is built with actual materials... was more just thinking about guys in this mold of freaks who are coordinated/skilled and wanted to experiment. And then was like... well one of them might be available for not a lot. Not a comp.

I’m down. Why ****ing not. I’m also down for Cousins though I think he’d help us win some games we don’t want to win. And Jarrett Culver is unsigned? Dude’s just 23 and was a defensive stud coming out no? And maybe Miles Bridges. **** it, maybe he didn’t do it and the chick is just *******. Go low risk/cost (okay Bridges has risk but **** if, live a little) high reward.

I’ve also always been a Blazemore fan. Athletic. Decent size. Can shoot. Cool sounding name.

I’m down. Why ****ing not. I’m also down for Cousins though I think he’d help us win some games we don’t want to win. And Jarrett Culver is unsigned? Dude’s just 23 and was a defensive stud coming out no? And maybe Miles Bridges. **** it, maybe he didn’t do it and the chick is just *******. Go low risk/cost (okay Bridges has risk but **** if, live a little) high reward.

I’ve also always been a Blazemore fan. Athletic. Decent size. Can shoot. Cool sounding name.
Bruh… no… just no.

Live culver but no way on bridges
That'd be like thinking you going to Ruth's Chris but instead you go to Applebee's
not when you don't have a Ruth's chris (What ever that is) My point is that you do not get the #1 pick

If Wemby doesn’t such on offense this year he’s number one….he’s never not sucked, so we’ll wait on see. There’s no way I’m putting him in the generational, “best prospect since LeBron” hype. He’s generational on defense….but so far plays like Porzingis without a jumper on offense. If you’ve been under the impression he’s a 7’4 Durant you’ve been duped.

There is like 5 wings after Wemby and Scoot that are all pretty interesting (as of right now). If those guys are Applebees then I'm good eating riblets, chocolate lava cake, and getting diarrhea I guess.

If Wemby doesn’t such on offense this year he’s number one….he’s never not sucked, so we’ll wait on see. There’s no way I’m putting him in the generational, “best prospect since LeBron” hype. He’s generational on defense….but so far plays like Porzingis without a jumper on offense. If you’ve been under the impression he’s a 7’4 Durant you’ve been duped.
This. Pass on the over-hyped guy with nothing to show for it. The last guy we got like that was DedEx. Even though this guy will likely be far better, he still isn't worth the risk.

This. Pass on the over-hyped guy with nothing to show for it. The last guy we got like that was DedEx. Even though this guy will likely be far better, he still isn't worth the risk.
The tape, film, competition level is nothing like Exum...

I really wanted two lottery picks in this draft. If the Jazz could come away with a Thompson and GG Jackson, that would have been amazing.

Wemby, Scoot, GG and both Thompsons look like the early top 5 to me. Maybe Anthony Black, Keyonte George or Nick Smith can displace one of them.