What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

How would you feel if we did the Detroit deal 5 and Bagley fin return for 9 and the 2025 Cav’s pick, but we selected Ausar? Or if it was Walker or Cam or even Black? Would any of those 4 scenarios upset you or would you be happy we got our guy? I am higher in Ausar than most of you, but as long as it was only the 1 future pick I’d be happy with any of the 4.
I would assume DA knew they would not be available and ranked them as a higher priority than the guy that would be. I believe in tiers and having a couple guys you like... but also value in moving up if there is a guy in a similar talent tier that has a position or flexibility you prefer. Based on rumors I would likely let the draft come to me at 9 but I would understand if DA knows what he is doing in FA and wants Black (a pg) over Hendricks (a pf).

I think both sides are right and wrong... I trust DA to do what he feels is best and fair.

You'll get excited if it happens. He's awesome.
I'd have zero issue if we took Hendricks. The list of players coming out of the draft who couldn't shoot, but were drafted high under the assumption that they'd develop a consistent jumper, that never ended up improving their jumper is quite long. A frontcourt of Kessler, Markkanen and Hendricks would be quite formidable.

My main point is that Hendricks isn't that special and shouldn't be a priority inside the top 10. He's a 3D wing who really needs to play at the 4 and needs other people to set him up. Guys like Jerami Grant, Robert Covington, Kyle Kuzma, etc., they're fine, they're rotational, but no one builds their team around a player like that. Those players play for 4 or 5 teams over the course of their career.

Take a shot at Bilal at 16 fine. But at 9 is crazy

He just feels like a guy you wait and see if the offensive game comes along and if not he just becomes lost and you just have a nothing burger of a lottery selection.
Yeah nothing but a 6'8 elite athlete with a freak wingspan who defends

My main point is that Hendricks isn't that special and shouldn't be a priority inside the top 10.
Dear lord... he is special the particular set of skills he displayed and project to have are so unique that they give the nickname of unicorn to players that display those attributes.

I'd be pretty disappointed if we trade up with another first round pick to get Black at 5

If the Jazz want to make a move like that, and they think Black is their target, then I'm okay with it. But I would have to think that Walker would be the target. A lead guard who can't create shots for himself or make them very often is a risky proposition. You have to plan your whole rotation around accommodating that guy.

Who is as raw as any prospect in this draft.

He's young and not physically developed, but I wouldn't say he's raw. The skills are there. His coach gave him the ball in the playoffs and let him run the show. He just isn't shooting off the dribble yet.