What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Even in your analogy, you like one car more than the rest, it's just the extra cost that gives you pause.
Exactly right. They extra cost could be the difference in having what is needed to trade for Luka or something. If the jazz like one guy a little more than another but the guy they like a little more costs a first round pick (the value of firsts seems to have increased since we made our big trades as well) then I would rather keep the first round pick and take the guy we really like, just really like a little less than the most costly guy.

I think the Jazz would take Bilal over Hendricks. He's more athletic, more versatile offensively, longer and younger. Just more upside. But they'd have to believe his shooting will come along.

I think the Jazz would take Bilal over Hendricks. He's more athletic, more versatile offensively, longer and younger. Just more upside. But they'd have to believe his shooting will come along.
D5-Cs-Ok4-WAAEz8fm.jpg

Top 4 seems locked in place....5-9 seems like a tier. I don't think the DET deal is a huge cost or anything.....but is it really worth it to get to #5 and get the first choice of the tier? I'm not even sure who we'd be trading up for or who I'd want to trade up for. Do not feel strongly enough about Walker, Hendricks, Black, Thompson, or Whitmore.

Ummm how is he more versatile offensively... he had a crazy low usage. My favorite draft thing that people do is assume one guy who isn't a shooter will just eventually be as good as a guy who has already shown to be a really good shooter. Bilal is theoretical.

Ummm how is he more versatile offensively... he had a crazy low usage. My favorite draft thing that people do is assume one guy who isn't a shooter will just eventually be as good as a guy who has already shown to be a really good shooter. Bilal is theoretical.

Because he can handle, drive and play multiple positions, as well as spot up.

Top 4 seems locked in place....5-9 seems like a tier. I don't think the DET deal is a huge cost or anything.....but is it really worth it to get to #5 and get the first choice of the tier? I'm not even sure who we'd be trading up for or who I'd want to trade up for. Do not feel strongly enough about Walker, Hendricks, Black, Thompson, or Whitmore.
Whitmore or Walker. I’m happy with any of the consensus top 9 players, but Whitmore and Walker are the two that I think would be worth moving up to grab.

Ideally, they could stay at 9 to get one, and then trade up from 16.

How would you feel if we did the Detroit deal 5 and Bagley fin return for 9 and the 2025 Cav’s pick, but we selected Ausar? Or if it was Walker or Cam or even Black? Would any of those 4 scenarios upset you or would you be happy we got our guy? I am higher in Ausar than most of you, but as long as it was only the 1 future pick I’d be happy with any of the 4.

Take a shot at Bilal at 16 fine. But at 9 is crazy

He just feels like a guy you wait and see if the offensive game comes along and if not he just becomes lost and you just have a nothing burger of a lottery selection.

His floor is 13. Hendricks' floor is 12. They're comparable prospects. Jazz need upside. If the Jazz can trade up to 10 and get him or Bufkin, that would make sense, but they may not get that deal.