What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

OK, I have some more Cason Wallace situational statistics fun.

After Shavir Wheeler got injured and Cason Wallace played more on ball, he averaged 5.8 assists per game and Kentucky had an offensive rating of more than 6pts per 100 possessions better than when Wheeler was playing.

5.8 assists per game would have been the 7th best assists per game in the power 5, which would be pretty awesome for a Freshman. This was all while playing against SEC defenses and playing with a bad back and ankle.

I really don't care how long or tall a PG is, if his shot is off or he cant shoot, we need to pass on him. We've already tried that once

Rim protection... yup

Shooting the 3... yup

Allows potential 5 out lineup without completely compromising defense... yup

Unicorn ain't gotta dribble.
When did the unrealized version of Robert Covington become a unicorn? The dude averaged 1.5 blocks per game in a weaker conference w/ a soft non-conference schedule. Just stop.

Rim protection... yup

Shooting the 3... yup

Allows potential 5 out lineup without completely compromising defense... yup

Unicorn ain't gotta dribble.

You can play Hendricks at the 5, but he's going to be limited guarding NBA 5s.

Someone like Anthony Davis doesn't need to dribble, but AD is much longer and much more skilled as a paint scorer. AD also bulked up to like 245 lbs.

I think we have been played. I think it is Black and it will be at 5. What happens with the 16 and 28 should be interesting. Maybe they just stay put and make the picks...

OK, I have some more Cason Wallace situational statistics fun.

After Shavir Wheeler got injured and Cason Wallace played more on ball, he averaged 5.8 assists per game and Kentucky had an offensive rating of more than 6pts per 100 possessions better than when Wheeler was playing.

5.8 assists per game would have been the 7th best assists per game in the power 5, which would be pretty awesome for a Freshman. This was all while playing against SEC defenses and playing with a bad back and ankle.
and all while being elite defensively.

I think we have been played. I think it is Black and it will be at 5. What happens with the 16 and 28 should be interesting. Maybe they just stay put and make the picks...

I have no effing idea what Ainge and Will Hardy want to do. I only hope they draft guys who can really impact the game. I can see the argument for Black if you think he's like a middle-class Jason Kidd. But Kidd had exceptional IQ and preternatural skills to do what he did.

The Jazz are going to need someone to play on the ball and be the straw that stirs the drink. They need someone who reads the game and can execute. Without that, they're not going anywhere. I'm not saying Black is that guy, but I can see why the Jazz are looking for someone to be that guy.

**** is getting wild on here. You don’t need to make stuff up and **** on a top prospect to try to build your Bilal hype case.

What exactly do you think I'm making up? Hendricks is a fine prospect if you're looking for your 3rd or 4th guy to space the floor and play off of your stars. He'd fit nicely in Dallas. OKC likes him at 12. The Jazz need star power in their backcourt and at the wing. Hendricks won't bring that.

I have no effing idea what Ainge and Will Hardy want to do. I only hope they draft guys who can really impact the game. I can see the argument for Black if you think he's like a middle-class Jason Kidd. But Kidd had exceptional IQ and preternatural skills to do what he did.

The Jazz are going to need someone to play on the ball and be the straw that stirs the drink. They need someone who reads the game and can execute. Without that, they're not going anywhere.
black doesn't have the elite skills and quickness of kidd - there is a reason kidd went #2 overall after all - but he is bigger than kidd and his iq was pretty special for a frosh. his ceiling is somewhere below kidd, but an optimistic outcome is giddey and if i draft black, i'm very happy with that.

Also, the Jazz have been linked to Walker, Ausar, Black, Cam, Hendricks and Bilal -- all with the 9th pick. So yeah, everyone is getting played.

If the Jazz are going to do a deal to trade up, it won't happen until the team in question is on the clock, and it will depend on who is on the board.