What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Hope we can find a sucker for Hendricks like we did for Lyles on the Donovan trade
If Taylor plays some mid basketball during our end of season tank and the FO declares him untouchable and a starter next year... you will know they are looking for someone to bite.

Just saw this when looking up his stats and thought it was pretty crazy:

Derek Lively is averaging exactly 1 block per game. This is because he has had exactly 1 block in every game he has played in so far

We were talking about a redraft in another thread and so I thought it would be fun to do one now that the season has started. So here is my way too early and reactionary 2023 Top 20 redraft:

Already studs
1. Wemby
2. Ausar

Showing flashes, but still rookies
3. Miller
4. Scoot
5. Amen
6. Bilal

Rotation level already
7. George
8. Wallace
9. Lively
10. Black
11. Dick
12. Hawkins

Older Players that should have gone sooner
13. Jaime
14. Strawther
15. Sasser

Still tons of potential, we just haven't seen it yet
16. Cam Whitmore
17. Jerace Walker
18. Taylor Hendricks
19. Kobe Bufkin
20. Jett Howard

We were talking about a redraft in another thread and so I thought it would be fun to do one now that the season has started. So here is my way too early and reactionary 2023 Top 20 redraft:

Already studs
1. Wemby
2. Ausar

3. Miller
4. Scoot
5. Amen
6. Bilal

Rotation level already
7. George
8. Wallace
9. Lively
10. Black
11. Dick
12. Hawkins

13. Jaime
14. Strawther
15. Sasser

16. Cam Whitmore
17. Jerace Walker
18. Taylor Hendricks
19. Kobe Bufkin
20. Jett Howard

Does rotation level already simply mean a dude gets a few minutes here and there or does it mean they are playing well enough to be in a rotation? Cause imo gradey isnt rotation level already. He should be in a category that says something like “players whoget some minutes they dont deserve at all and who are playing like total ****”

Gradey this season: 27% from the field and 21% from three. That is insanely horrible. Especially for a dude whose main skill is shooting.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Does rotation level already simply mean a dude gets a few minutes here and there or does it mean they are playing well enough to be in a rotation? Cause imo gradey isnt rotation level already. He should be in a category that says something like “players whoget some minutes they dont deserve at all and who are playing like total ****”

Gradey this season: 27% from the field and 21% from three. That is insanely horrible. Especially for a dude whose main skill is shooting.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm definitely open to criticism, so I could be wrong about a lot of stuff here.

When I've watched Dick he has looked pretty good. His defense has been not as horrible as I thought it would be and he has moved the ball and looked like he knows where to be on the court. I'll admit I've watched less of him than most of the other rookies. I also try not to overact to shooting numbers this early in the season, I fully expect Dick to be a great shooter. Also Toronto has about the same record I would expect them to have, despite continuing to play Dick minutes.

Already studs
1. Wemby
2. Ausar

3. Miller
4. Scoot
5. Amen
6. Bilal

Rotation level already
7. George
8. Wallace
9. Lively
10. Black
11. Dick
12. Hawkins

13. Jaime
14. Strawther
15. Sasser

16. Cam Whitmore
17. Jerace Walker
18. Taylor Hendricks
19. Kobe Bufkin
20. Jett Howard
I'm not sure I agree about Scoot being 4th in this way too early redraft. Probably should penalize him a bit more for being hot trash even compared only to other rookies.
  • Leads all rookies in turnovers and personal fouls per game
  • Leads the entire NBA in TO% with 25.0%
  • has the worst BPM from all rookies who have recorded minutes as well as the worst on/off numbers (on/off is among the bottom of the entire league)
  • has been horrible in live action shooting (FG% 36.5, 3P% 9.5) despite his FT fallling just fine
Even his defensive on/off has been negative. Not saying the dude is a bust (Blazers fans are having this debate already though)... but its just not a good start.

I'm not sure I agree about Scoot being 4th in this way too early redraft. Probably should penalize him a bit more for being hot trash even compared only to other rookies.
  • Leads all rookies in turnovers and personal fouls per game
  • Leads the entire NBA in TO% with 25.0%
  • has the worst BPM from all rookies who have recorded minutes as well as the worst on/off numbers (on/off is among the bottom of the entire league)
  • has been horrible in live action shooting (FG% 36.5, 3P% 9.5) despite his FT fallling just fine
Even his defensive on/off has been negative. Not saying the dude is a bust (Blazers fans are having this debate already though)... but its just not a good start.

The Blazers are a better team without him on the floor. I do wonder if they gave him too much too fast, it will be interesting what his role looks like when he gets back from injury.

For me it's too reactionary to make any changes based on 10% of a rookie season. As bad as he's looked, he's also shown flashes, and it's hard to drop him too much when the other guys in his same tier that I think have star potential, haven't been any better offensively than him.

I'm definitely open to criticism, so I could be wrong about a lot of stuff here.

When I've watched Dick he has looked pretty good. His defense has been not as horrible as I thought it would be and he has moved the ball and looked like he knows where to be on the court. I'll admit I've watched less of him than most of the other rookies. I also try not to overact to shooting numbers this early in the season, I fully expect Dick to be a great shooter. Also Toronto has about the same record I would expect them to have, despite continuing to play Dick minutes.
All certainly could be true. But that shooting, the thing he is supposed to be great at, is horrific. Would you agree that 27% and 21% is really really bad?

Just did a deeper dive into his stats. From what I can see, his advanced stats are really bad as well.

Last edited:
The Blazers are a better team without him on the floor. I do wonder if they gave him too much too fast, it will be interesting what his role looks like when he gets back from injury.

For me it's too reactionary to make any changes based on 10% of a rookie season. As bad as he's looked, he's also shown flashes, and it's hard to drop him too much when the other guys in his same tier that I think have star potential, haven't been any better offensively than him.
Interesting is why you dont think Keyonte has star potential? What is it that Scoot has that Keyonte doesnt? He isnt even taller.

Key came into SL slimmer and faster than before, and showed up in a way no other rookie came close to matching. Then he made a massive leap as a passer/facilitator during his first offseason. Dude is special. You dont just pick up stuff like that in such a short time without being seriously savvy.

Already studs
1. Wemby
2. Ausar

3. Miller
4. Scoot
5. Amen
6. Bilal

Rotation level already
7. George
8. Wallace
9. Lively