What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

All certainly could be true. But that shooting, the thing he is supposed to be great at, is horrific. Would you agree that 27% and 21% is really really bad?

Just did a deeper dive into his stats. From what I can see, his advanced stats are really bad as well.

Obviously he is currently shooting poorly, but his shooting form doesn't look bad and I expect those to start going in at some point. Anthony Black is shooting insane numbers right now, but his form still doesn't look great to me and I expect his numbers to go down. I'm not calling anyone a good shooter or bad shooter on less than 100 attempts.

I did go through and look at Dick's game logs and it appears I saw two of his better games.

Interesting is why you dont think Keyonte has star potential? What is it that Scoot has that Keyonte doesnt? He isnt even taller.

Key came into SL slimmer and faster than before, and showed up in a way no other rookie came close to matching. Then he made a massive leap as a passer/facilitator during his first offseason. Dude is special. You dont just pick up stuff like that in such a short time without being seriously savvy.

At this point their careers everyone has star potential. I just think the players in front of him are on a different level with their length and athleticism. I might be overrating Scoot, but it's just too early for me to take him down too many spots. He was #2 on board pre-draft.

I absolutely love George and thought he could be great pre-draft as well. He will likely overtake a lot of players on that list eventually, but right now it's just too early for me.

I took some crap for saying we needed to move up for Ausar. I love his play so far and am feeling vindicated.
i was consistent in having him above Amen - and i was a lone voice in the wilderness on that. despite the fact that missed on the thompson twins in general, i'll take that win.

At this point their careers everyone has star potential. I just think the players in front of him are on a different level with their length and athleticism. I might be overrating Scoot, but it's just too early for me to take him down too many spots. He was #2 on board pre-draft.

I absolutely love George and thought he could be great pre-draft as well. He will likely overtake a lot of players on that list eventually, but right now it's just too early for me.

I will admit I may have been wrong about Bilal at the current moment because it still is early but even then I would still take George over him.

Thats fair. I just dont know what it is that Scoot is supposed to be better at, but whatever it is I cannot see it.

Keep in mind that my first real view of these guys is from Summer League. I dont get to follow college ball where I live and dont have time to scout all prospects on YT (nor would I be qualified to assess them on those settings).

I will admit I may have been wrong about Bilal at the current moment because it still is early but even then I would still take George over him.

Bilal looks like a game changer on defense, and has been better than expected offensively. He's still pretty awkward looking and figuring out the game, and so it feels like he has a ton of potential to get better still.

George looks like he has the complete offensive package, and has been better than I expected defensively.

It's pretty close for me, but I'll give the edge to higher potential for the guy with the 7'2" wingspan.

Bilal looks like a game changer on defense, and has been better than expected offensively. He's still pretty awkward looking and figuring out the game, and so it feels like he has a ton of potential to get better still.

George looks like he has the complete offensive package, and has been better than I expected defensively.

It's pretty close for me, but I'll give the edge to higher potential for the guy with the 7'2" wingspan.

I think Keyonte has much higher potential. What is his ceiling? 20+ PPG and 8+ APG? Higher than that? What’s Bilal’s ceiling? Is he ever going to become a 20+ PPG scorer? A very elite 3 and D type of guy? Jaden McDaniels type of player? I’m being 100% serious too I’m curious what your thoughts are.

I think Keyonte has much higher potential. What is his ceiling? 20+ PPG and 8+ APG? Higher than that? What’s Bilal’s ceiling? Is he ever going to become a 20+ PPG scorer? A very elite 3 and D type of guy? Jaden McDaniels type of player? I’m being 100% serious too I’m curious what your thoughts are.
He just scored 20 points in a game in like his 10th NBA game despite being labeled as "raw". He has no ceiling.

I think defensively he has the potential to become a prime Draymond type defender. Offensively is really hard to say right now, it feels like there is a really wide range of where that could go.

I think defensively he has the potential to become a prime Draymond type defender. Offensively is really hard to say right now, it feels like there is a really wide range of where that could go.
I think his rational ceiling is Mikal Bridges... something in that neighborhood. When we talk ceilings guys can wildly exceed what you think they might be like Giannis or Jokic... but I think a top 10-20% ceiling is the best way to position these conversations.