What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

victor-wembanyama-showing-off-his-conditioning-v0-8mt508hmppca1.jpg

Crazy that human beings get made in this size.

Think this dude might potentially go through a GIannis like bulk.
It’s worth the risk to drop in the standings and cross your fingers. Especially if your consolation prize ends up being Jerace Walker. . .

black really struggles to get shots off. that low release, set shot is really hampering him right now in terms of being an impact offensive player. 38% FGs, 25% 3pt in conference play. the step up in competition has really done a number on him - and that's a major concern.

meanwhile, keyonte george, jarace walker and a few other top guys have elevated their games in conference play.

Last edited:
I think black has a ceiling. And for me, I don’t think it’s championship level. He should be a solid pro though. Just would not take him first pick or even second personally

The NBA comparison for Black would be Kyle Anderson
Although these players are not in the current draft, my prescient comparisons of NBA players with great philosophers could influence Daniel Ainge this summer. So:
Comparisons
Michael Jordan and myself: GOATs.
Wilt Chamberlain and Socrates: Both dead.
Kyrie Irving and Plato: Both believed thy earth is flat.
Hot Rod Hundley and Martin Heidegger: Both could drink you under the table.

Outside of Vic give me Scoot Henderson, Brandon Miller, or Jarace Walker. Would also be cool with a Thompson twin but their lack of shooting scares me.
we are not getting any of them though smh
we will be looking at prospects like Hawkins,Black,Hendricks,Howard,Ware,and maybe one higher tier prospect that fell out of the top 10 like the 2nd Thompson or maybe GG.

Although these players are not in the current draft, my prescient comparisons of NBA players with great philosophers could influence Daniel Ainge this summer. So:
Comparisons
Michael Jordan and myself: GOATs.
Wilt Chamberlain and Socrates: Both dead.
Kyrie Irving and Plato: Both believed thy earth is flat.
Hot Rod Hundley and Martin Heidegger: Both could drink you under the table.
yeah but polyhedra w/ side of equal length that fit together without gaps are cubes. So technically, Plato was right and Irving was left right afterall in a round about way HA

yeah but polyhedra w/ side of equal length that fit together without gaps are cubes. So technically, Plato was right and Irving was left right afterall in a round about way HA
Plato is too much a rationalist from my perspective. But Irving: e-gads! The statements that proliferate from his mouth defy both empiricism and rationalism. He exemplifies the worst of inflationary metaphysics and medieval superstition.

I think black has a ceiling. And for me, I don’t think it’s championship level. He should be a solid pro though. Just would not take him first pick or even second personally
I don't understand what you mean. Black has the makings of a great role player and every championship team needs those guys.

I don't understand what you mean. Black has the makings of a great role player and every championship team needs those guys.
Exactly. Plus they are expecting to get a championship level player late lottery (1st pick) - through 20ish (2nd pick). Seems reasonable /s

I’m only saying that I wouldn’t use our first pick on him. If he is best available with our 2nd maybe but if we can get a trade pick flip soon I’d lean towards taking him 3rd pick for jazz. Still a top talent just not who I’d pick to be the centerpiece of the draft myself. I should clarify that I think he could be a role player on a champion team. I would just hope our first pick has higher upside