What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

This is where your entire argument goes to ****. 1. It’s been over a month. If this Miles or whoever had evidence Miller is involved, why haven’t they given Miller up for a reduced sentence? Prosecution needs more than someone’s word that Miles was involved or knew what was going on. At this point it’s looking like he’s in the clear regardless if he’s innocent or not. If he’s guilty I hope he pays believe me, but you’re just ready to ruin his life regardless you know as much as me. I still say he goes no later than 5-6 if the status quo stays as is.

Right now, no one on the defense side is going to volunteer any information. Both the defendant and Miller are considered innocent of wrongdoing until proven otherwise. It will be the burden of the prosecution to get all the facts out through depositions and witness testimony. The only thing that's fishy right now is the text message exchange that Miller was part of, and whether or not Miller's car was somehow blocking the victim from escaping the scene. Whatever plea deal you're alluding to would happen later in the process when it becomes clear what the outcome of a trial would likely be. Miller isn't out of the woods, but everyone will assume he's innocent until shown otherwise.

This is where your entire argument goes to ****. 1. It’s been over a month. If this Miles or whoever had evidence Miller is involved, why haven’t they given Miller up for a reduced sentence? Prosecution needs more than someone’s word that Miles was involved or knew what was going on. At this point it’s looking like he’s in the clear regardless if he’s innocent or not. If he’s guilty I hope he pays believe me, but you’re just ready to ruin his life regardless you know as much as me. I still say he goes no later than 5-6 if the status quo stays as is.
The wheels turn slow on these types of capital crimes though, unless someone pushes for quick justice. Yes, as every day passes less and less chance he is convicted of aiding etc. His civil cases which are a given imo, will probably be opened soon after the criminal sentencing takes place, which could all be right before the draft, esp if the Family of the victim wants to hurt his future and blames him. Even if the open it sooner he will have to answer a lot of q's to teams early in the draft because of all this garbage.
His antics pre game pad down bs also hurt him as far as scouts are concerned and he has been doing it for awhile. Not a good look to keep doing it either.

Self reporting you don't watch Brandon Miller.

Dude gets face guarded all the time. Good college spacing is great, but the best spaced college team is still like playing on the worst spaced NBA team. Bigs still sit in the lane 24/7 in college

I am watching him. Most of his points are on open looks and open lanes to the rim. Sometimes he has to beat a perimeter defender, but he's not scoring over paint defenders.

The Jazz need a plus-sized guard who is elite with the ball in his hands. I'm resigning myself to the fact that they're probably not going to get that player in this draft. I'm not seeing Cason Wallace or Hood-Schifino as real difference-makers, even though they look like decent rotational guys. The fact that the Jazz are playing THT and Kris Dunn in the lead-guard spot shows how empty they are in that role.

Is Anthony Black really supposed to be that guy? Do you take a swing on Nick Smith if he drops? Can Maxwell Lewis become an on-ball guy? Seems iffy at best.

Last edited:
Taylor’s going to be a much better offensive player than RoCo though. His shot is wet and he gets it off a bunch of different ways. He can also string a few dribbles together and be a good roll man.

Watch him in a live game… he disappears on offense at times because he doesn’t force things but he makes great rotations to cover up the rim and holds his own on switches. He may not get as many deflections as RoCo but I think he will protect the rim a bit better and he likely doesn’t get beat as much off the dribble.

Like if people like John Collins… I think Taylor is better at all the good things you’d want from John. I have a hard time not seeing him play 25 minutes in the league because of the things he does well. Would love to see his combine measurements… hopefully he doesn’t opt out.

I'd expect him to be better on offense than Roco....but Roco was really, really good. He wasn't just a deflections guy he was a defensive monster in his prime and was good enough to start for every team in the league. Not many guys I would say are sure fire starters in the worst case scenario.

Yeah, I've seen all of this and watched the full SC game. You can see there's very little resistance at the rim once Miller gets his shoulder past the initial defender. Some of these are practically open layups. The dunk is nice. South Carolina's rim protection is virtually nil.
Dude…….come on. Stop trying to make Fetch happen with these “Brandon Miller isn’t that good” takes.

I'd expect him to be better on offense than Roco....but Roco was really, really good. He wasn't just a deflections guy he was a defensive monster in his prime and was good enough to start for every team in the league. Not many guys I would say are sure fire starters in the worst case scenario.
He was always a poor to average man to man guy though. He was disruptive and a great help defender. I don’t see why Hendo can’t do that. He may not be as disruptive but I could see him being a better man to man guy… his stocks numbers are in the neighborhood of RoCo’s his freshmen year. I’ve watched probably 3-4 complete games and parts of others. He may be more PJ Washington or Jalen Mcdaniels level defender but his shot will be better than both guys.

I’d take him over Dick, Jett, and Sensabaugh but I’m likely on an island.

The Jazz need a plus-sized guard who is elite with the ball in his hands. I'm resigning myself to the fact that they're probably not going to get that player in this draft. I'm not seeing Cason Wallace or Hood-Schifino as real difference-makers, even though they look like decent rotational guys. The fact that the Jazz are playing THT and Kris Dunn in the lead-guard spot shows how empty they are in that role.

Is Anthony Black really supposed to be that guy? Do you take a swing on Nick Smith if he drops? Can Maxwell Lewis become an on-ball guy? Seems iffy at best.
Yep I'm right there with you on this....

He was always a poor to average man to man guy though. He was disruptive and a great help defender. I don’t see why Hendo can’t do that. He may not be as disruptive but I could see him being a better man to man guy… his stocks numbers are in the neighborhood of RoCo’s his freshmen year. I’ve watched probably 3-4 complete games and parts of others. He may be more PJ Washington or Jalen Mcdaniels level defender but his shot will be better than both guys.

Eh...I disagree that Roco was always poor to below average man to man and it's also important to remember that he was the best, if not the best disruptor in the league. He earned his all defense first team and probably should have gotten more honors. He's not just a stocks guy, Hendricks may be a stocks guy but I'm not even sure he will be an above average defender at the next level. I also couldn't care less about Roco's freshman year comparison, because we shouldn't expect an extreme outlier in development to be the standard. It's like comparing every bad shooter to Kawhi....just doesn't work that way.

Everyone is high on someone, Hendricks I'm intrigued by but not to this degree. Like I said, very few guys that I would say the worst case scenario is that he's a starter level player on all 30 teams like Roco was. You've got to be in the top 5 or maybe in 3 for me to say that's a floor.

Eh...I disagree that Roco was always poor to below average man to man and it's also important to remember that he was the best, if not the best disruptor in the league. He earned his all defense first team and probably should have gotten more honors. He's not just a stocks guy, Hendricks may be a stocks guy but I'm not even sure he will be an above average defender at the next level. I also couldn't care less about Roco's freshman year comparison, because we shouldn't expect an extreme outlier in development to be the standard. It's like comparing every bad shooter to Kawhi....just doesn't work that way.

Everyone is high on someone, Hendricks I'm intrigued by but not to this degree. Like I said, very few guys that I would say the worst case scenario is that he's a starter level player on all 30 teams like Roco was. You've got to be in the top 5 or maybe in 3 for me to say that's a floor.
I’d have him top 10. Stocks are just one component of his defense… he moves really well and almost always stays in front of guards on switches. You’d have to watch him in actual games to see it. His defense may not be as good as you think Rocos was at his peak… but his shot will likely be a lot better. I stand by the floor here. Taylor is one of the safest picks in the draft.

Injuries/medicals are a big factor for Smith Jr. However, I'm still not convinced he's going to make it as a lead guard. Still has a solid floor as a 6th man type though, imo.

Jarace should be better in the NBA than college, but he needs a team that knows how to utilize his unique strengths. He's got gravity and triple-threat potential from the high post and in. He's not a traditional floor space or driver, imo.
yeah, i see a lot of JC in NSJ. NSJ appears to care more and have more potential defensively and may be a better passer/playmaker - but in terms of the scoring chops they look a lot alike.

not sure you can even take maxwell lewis in the top 35 at this point, tbh.

nah, i'd take him over those guys too. i've cooled quite a bit on sensabaugh and especially jett. Dick would hard (hehe) but i think i'd have to take TH.

has anybody paid much attention to Bryce Hopkins? putting up 16 and 9 on 47% FGs and 39% from three (though on just over 2 attempts). i haven't seen much of him, but seems like he could be a late first guy at 6'7 220.