What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Yeah. I don’t really read too much into a prospects tournament results. You’re still drafting those guys that high because of their upside. In person interviews, workouts, game film and eye test.
The number of people here that think a single tourney game will impact that players draft potential substantially, is wild.

Mostly because the only other times they’ve seen any players is in 4 min clips where they never missed a shot.

I would love to get Hawkins with the minny pick, GG with the sixers pick, and either wallace or dick with the jazz pick. Thats my ideal realistic draft. The GG pick with the sixers pick is probably the least likely right?

Like the current version that is a commentator on ESPN and throws wild stripper parties on Instalive? or we talking prime Pierce?
Ahh..good point..lol. I think Prime Pierce is something he can get to if you have a team that supports him and helps him overcome his weaknesses which I don't think isn't fixable. It is harder to get a player to reach his level of offensive talent in my opinion.

So is he in your top 5?
Truthfully I am too chicken to put him in my top 5 but if he clicks I can see him being in a top 5 redraft in 2025.

I would take Sensabraugh (offensive first option or a high level six man scorer at worst) over Black (a defensive erratic passing wing with bust potential) and Wallace (this is a little closer but a decent mid level starting PG).

I made my say, so I will just leave it until we get close to the draft and let you guys continue. :)

Last edited:
I would love to get Hawkins with the minny pick, GG with the sixers pick, and either wallace or dick with the jazz pick. Thats my ideal realistic draft. The GG pick with the sixers pick is probably the least likely right?

GG is a polarizing prospect, but teams that like him will probably make a move for him in the 13 - 17 range, imo.

Truthfully I am too chicken to put him in my top 5 but if he clicks I can see him being in a top 5 redraft in 2025.

I would take Sensabraugh (offensive first option or a high level six man scorer at worst) over Black (a defensive erratic passing wing with bust potential) and Wallace (this is a little closer but a decent mid level starting PG).

I made my say, so I will just leave it until we get close to the draft and let you guys continue. :)
Lol so he is Paul Pierce but you won't put him top 5

The more I’ve seen of JHS the more I definitely see the comparisons to a young (and taller) Dwill. He interests me a bit.

I still wouldn’t mind taking a second look at Hawkins. Hes such a deadeye shooter off screens. Reminds me so much of Bane. Of course, Bane seems to have a pretty high motor while I’m not sure if Hawkins does.

I hope we swing for the fences. I like Wallace but I hope we draft as many long, tall, athletic guys as possible. GG Jackson, Hendricks, Sidy, etc. if we end up with three 3D guys, it’s fine with me. Especially after years of being without 3D guys and being so undersized with two 6 foot players in the backcourt.

Brodie didn’t you say many pages back he could be the best player in this draft, or a top 10 player in the league over all?

Paul Pierce? Now ***** getting super weird

The more I’ve seen of JHS the more I definitely see the comparisons to a young (and taller) Dwill. He interests me a bit.

I still wouldn’t mind taking a second look at Hawkins. Hes such a deadeye shooter off screens. Reminds me so much of Bane. Of course, Bane seems to have a pretty high motor while I’m not sure if Hawkins does.

I hope we swing for the fences. I like Wallace but I hope we draft as many long, tall, athletic guys as possible. GG Jackson, Hendricks, Sidy, etc. if we end up with three 3D guys, it’s fine with me. Especially after years of being without 3D guys and being so undersized with two 6 foot players in the backcourt.
i'm very interested in seeing the zags uconn matchup to compare strawther and hawkins. If people are primarily interested in Hawkins because of his shooting ability...then it's interesting thinking about a different option. Strawther has a bit more flexibility being able to play both the 2 and 3 position whereas hawkins seems more shoed into the 2 spot. hawkins comes off screens better but strawther will line it up and let it fly.

Hawkins 40% from the floor, 37% from deep. 16.1 ppg. 3.7 rebounds/g
Strawther 47% from the floor, 42% for 3. 15.4 ppg. 6.3 rebounds/g

Brodie didn’t you say many pages back he could be the best player in this draft, or a top 10 player in the league over all?

Paul Pierce? Now ***** getting super weird
Yes, it was top 15 in two years. I like him a lot. I guess I am backtracking because of his flaws. But I figure that there is a long list of offensive stars in the league that aren't great in defense and he will be one of them.

In my opinion, he beat nearly all of players in a one in one match up in this draft except Victor and Cam.

Yes, it was top 15 in two years. I like him a lot. I guess I am backtracking because of his flaws. But I figure that there is a long list of offensive stars in the league that aren't great in defense and he will be one of them.

In my opinion, he beat nearly all of players in a one in one match up in this draft except Victor and Cam.
Goodness gracious, props for calling a shot like that.

I think he’s closer to out of the league in 5 years than he is to being a top 15 overall dude but we shall see.

I know he’s seen as a 3 level scorer but I’ve watch him A LOT and he gets blocked at the rim more than most I’ve seen this year. I think he more 6’4” than he is 6’6” and that’s only going to get worse in the NBA.

I think he’s absolutely a floor stretcher though and can stay in a rotation early on because of that. Maybe I’m way off on him but I just don’t see it the same way some do on him. I guess that’s what makes this fun.

Goodness gracious, props for calling a shot like that.

I think he’s closer to out of the league in 5 years than he is to being a top 15 overall dude but we shall see.

I know he’s seen as a 3 level scorer but I’ve watch him A LOT and he gets blocked at the rim more than most I’ve seen this year. I think he more 6’4” than he is 6’6” and that’s only going to get worse in the NBA.

I think he’s absolutely a floor stretcher though and can stay in a rotation early on because of that. Maybe I’m way off on him but I just don’t see it the same way some do on him. I guess that’s what makes this fun.
Good points. I am thinking his floor stretching is what does it for him and gets him on the floor. I think his team dynamic was flawed and would be improved in the NBA. He has work to do but I think it is doable. His body is very heavy and if he can use it like Paul Pierce it would help him to be harder to stop. If he can't leverage his shooting and his body then he is done. But for GM's good shooting and scoring is a drug. They will always try it.

I think in two years the top 5 redraft would be:
Victor
Cam
Brice
Miller
Scoot