What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I really don’t know what you guys aren’t seeing with Black. He’d be so perfect for our team. I would consider moving up to around 7 if that’s what it would take to get him.

I really don’t know what you guys aren’t seeing with Black. He’d be so perfect for our team. I would consider moving up to around 7 if that’s what it would take to get him.
I like him... but also I watched a lot of Arkansas games... so if someone is iffy on him I get it. Team had just no shooting and it was continual drives to nowhere. It would not surprise me if he is one of the players that benefits most from NBA spacing and NBA shooting.

The other thing that Musselman hinted at is that Anthony had been dealing with an ankle injury for a while... and I kinda wonder when exactly that started.

I think him and Wallace are pretty much neck and neck but I think Black has more upside. If he figures it out you have a 6-7 pg and can do a lot of different things lineup wise.

Yes it would too bad Wallace won’t fall to 16. If he fell anywhere past like 12/13 I would be calling to try and move up for him.
If he is there it is because he measured small at the combine or his back was red flagged. Either way I'd be 100% here for it and take him there.

The red flag stuff gets kinda funny on draft night. Seems like every other year someone falls because of medical issues that don't seem mega serious.

It’s very weird to me to overlook Amen and Ausar when it comes to shooting then simultaneously crush Black for it.
For the record, I don’t. They all kinda freak me out, but Black actually freaks me out the least on that front. I’m actually kinda scared that some in the 8-11 jump into the top-7 and the Jazz would have to be faced with passing on one of them (probably Ausar).

Amen really freaks me out because I don’t get the sense that he thinks he needs to learn to shoot (or maybe he would’ve gotten better at that… at all).

For the record, I don’t. They all kinda freak me out, but Black actually freaks me out the least on that front. I’m actually kinda scared that some in the 8-11 jump into the top-7 and the Jazz would have to be faced with passing on one of them (probably Ausar).

Amen really freaks me out because I don’t get the sense that he thinks he needs to learn to shoot (or maybe he would’ve gotten better at that… at all).
Fatal flaws are scary... cuz they are fatal.

Taking the risk at #9 is less scary than taking the risk at 4... and I think Amen is a little scarier on the shooting thing than the other two.

How would you move up? What’s the point if it’s just a few spots?

The point is to get your guy and keep another team from moving up for him. I don’t know if 16/28 is enough but I’d do that with the quickness.

The point is to get your guy and keep another team from moving up for him. I don’t know if 16/28 is enough but I’d do that with the quickness.
Say 16 and 28 isn't enough... then what is a better offer you'd make?

The lowest ranked future draft pick we own in my estimation is the 2025 Cleveland 1st. If Wallace was my guy I would do it. You could probably add lottery protections on it as well.
That's fair... was only kind of trying to bait you. You could also do the lesser of the 2025 picks we own. Would be hard to work all that out on the clock. I would hope someone would bite on 16+28... but that traditionally isn't quite enough to get to say 12... unless the draft is viewed as bad.

That's fair... was only kind of trying to bait you. You could also do the lesser of the 2025 picks we own. Would be hard to work all that out on the clock. I would hope someone would bite on 16+28... but that traditionally isn't quite enough to get to say 12... unless the draft is viewed as bad.

Lol to save some time if we could somehow walk away with Hendricks AND Black I would be willing to move Ochai. Those two with Lauri and Kessler would be ****ing insane defensively and offensively.

If Dallas wanted Ochai plus 16 for 10 if either one of those guys were on the board I would do it.

Lol to save some time if we could somehow walk away with Hendricks AND Black I would be willing to move Ochai. Those two with Lauri and Kessler would be ****ing insane defensively and offensively.

If Dallas wanted Ochai plus 16 for 10 if either one of those guys were on the board I would do it.
Someone worth investing in will be there at 10. I think it’s 50/50 that Black is there.