What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

I’ll be shocked if they don’t bring him back - at least for salary matching purposes in a trade.

KO is a solid expiring contract.
We don't need to match salaries if we're under the cap, and it's probably more likely that a team trying to save money wants to save more money than less.

ha. trust me, i'm most definitely not listening to that blowhard. every once in a while when somebody on jf posts his ridiculous comments, i'll point out what a doofus he is because it's funny to me how stunningly pretentious he can be at times.
I've posted about it a few times, and don't want to come off as just a hater. But I probably do, oh well.

I think the biggest 'irksome' thing about it, is that I or anyone else here could give these same interviews with the vagueness and platitudes and make it seem like I know more than I do, and that I'm completely plugged into the front office. Though I'm obviously not. With Tony it's always after the fact, things that would always be true for every team, or it's just his own opinion. I don't know if it's more annoying if he is actually plugged in and still gives us so little, or if it's just a big con.

The day he give some real info/insight before it is already old news or takes a stand on something that will happen that hasn't already happened, and then it happens. I will walk it all back, and capitulate.

I am quite sure Tony really does have actual sources and he just shares the info with us plebs in a poor way, and there are definitely superiority complex vibes. But who among us hasn't felt similarly. This is really not a big deal, but I'm running out the clock at work rn

I mentioned this elsewhere, but every dollar that the Jazz commit to in the wake of the Collins signing jeopardizes the Jazz's ability to renegotiate and extend Lauri next year. We are a team that is all forwards so I am a little beside myself that people wanna go after Prince. Enough.

I mentioned this elsewhere, but every dollar that the Jazz commit to in the wake of the Collins signing jeopardizes the Jazz's ability to renegotiate and extend Lauri next year. We are a team that is all forwards so I am a little beside myself that people wanna go after Prince. Enough.

We have like 85M total committed to players next year. We will have plenty of money to give to Lauri. If you’re beside yourself over guys suggesting we take on Prince for 7M you should probably take a step back for a little.

Traded Prince for a bunch of George Hill's games trying to do better at PG for you know who.
Hill parted ways as soon as he could, you know who did you know what, and later suffered a bit for not having a Prince-like forward.
Karma.

I changed the terms as you replied. Thibs sucks, especially offensively. I think Hardy could really tap into Barrett who just turned 23 y/o less than two weeks ago.

It would also solidify defense on the perimeter, give us hella length and rebounding, and decent shooting which, again, I think Hardy could really help enhance.

We have like 85M total committed to players next year. We will have plenty of money to give to Lauri. If you’re beside yourself over guys suggesting we take on Prince for 7M you should probably take a step back for a little.
It's more the positional thing and Prince will eat into Hendricks' opportunities. I'm not trying to layer more obstacles. I don't need him to start and play 30 minutes right away but we're already teetering into logjam territory.

To your point on the salary, yeah, we're good for now (I got to $87.5m committed for next year including our current rookies and roster charges). I forget how much the expiring nickels and dimes (the Samanics, Dokes, Juzangs of the roster) add up.

We’d be at 77.6 million next summer with Collins, Barrett, Lauri, Kessler, and Agbaji. Add in Hendricks and George and we’re at about 7.9M more or 85.5 million for seven guys if we somehow unload Sexton prior.

Given the cap is 136M and most people expect huge jumps coming, I think a cap for 2024-2025 of at least 145 million can be expected. This would provide us with ~60M under the cap next summer, tons of picks still, and tons of options. We’d have four starters seemingly locked into place and should we want to pursue someone like Doncic, would have an additional real, young asset in Barrett to do so.

An interesting trade idea from RealGM:

Orlando gets Kelly Olynyk + pick compensation(lets say worst of the 2025 picks we have)
Utah gets Markelle Fultz

Would you do that?

I don’t think I would add compensation to get Fultz, but I am intrigued by him. You still see the talent that got him drafted #1. His mid range jumper isn’t bad and he’s still an explosive athlete+good passer.

I don’t think I would add compensation to get Fultz, but I am intrigued by him. You still see the talent that got him drafted #1. His mid range jumper isn’t bad and he’s still an explosive athlete+good passer.
Adding Fultz is a lame idea imo.

Swing for the fences or roll with the group we have.