What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

The funny thing is when I read these mock drafts all of them are based off of the same intel from one person. Marc Stein said the Jazz were interested in Coulibaly and every single person doing a mock put him at 9 and referenced that report. It’s a nothing burger.

Actually, Rafael Barlowe had it first. Then Marc Stein reported it. Then like 5 other outlets -- Ringer, Bleacher, Yahoo, etc. Some of them do have their own sources.

And even Tony Jones is hopping aboard...

View: https://twitter.com/Tjonesonthenba/status/1669910441886355457

Who the eff is this Sekou/Frank comp? Really? That's way off. That would be like me comparing Anthony Black to Elfrid Payton.

I asked this question in the draft thread and it was crickets. Who is the last good NBA player to come from France’s A League since Gobert in 2013?

Serious question. Frank/Sekou/Maledon/Hayes/Yabusele/Okobo etc. They are all busts.

Rafael Barlowe has also reported some bs lately as well. Not a good source. Do you want to make a friendly wager? Zero shot we take Bilal at 9.

I'm not confident the Jazz will draft at 9. I think they're going to try to trade up from 9 to get Cam or Jarace. If they stay at 9, I think they'll take Bufkin or Black. Then I think they'll try to trade up from 16 to get Bilal. If OKC chases after Taylor Hendricks, that might work out for the Jazz.

Last edited:
Ainge has already been burned by a French wing bust before in Yabusele. I’m sure he’s chomping at the bit to take another one.

I asked this question in the draft thread and it was crickets. Who is the last good NBA player to come from France’s A League since Gobert in 2013?

Serious question. Frank/Sekou/Maledon/Hayes/Yabusele/Okobo etc. They are all busts.

That's irrelevant. Who was the last 18 year-old, 6'7" wing with a 7'3" wingspan, playing above the rim and scoring off the dribble in the EuroBasket Finals?

I mean, Maledon, Okobo and Yabusele aren't even 1st-round picks. C'mon. Maybe Bilal will be an NBA Finals MVP like Tony Parker.

That's irrelevant. Who was the last 18 year-old, 6'7" wing with a 7'3" wingspan, playing above the rim and scoring off the dribble in the EuroBasket Finals?

I mean, Maledon, Okobo and Yabusele aren't even 1st-round picks. C'mon. Maybe Bilal will be an NBA Finals MVP like Tony Parker.

Yabusele was picked at 16 lol. Maledon and Okobo we’re both picked at 31 and 34.

I’d say Sekou is a pretty relevant comparison size size and skill wise to Bilal. He was drafted at 15. He is out of the league currently. They had almost identical stats at the same age except Sekou was a better scorer.

Also, Bilal took 17 total shots in 3 games in the Finals. Please stop exaggerating.

Yabusele was picked at 16 lol. Maledon and Okobo we’re both picked at 31 and 34.

I’d say Sekou is a pretty relevant comparison size size and skill wise to Bilal. He was drafted at 15. He is out of the league currently. They had almost identical stats at the same age except Sekou was a better scorer.

So your comp for Bilal is Sekou? I'm going to hold you to it. Might even put it in my signature for the next year or so.

Okay, why don't you see how right he is before you call it BS. The draft is, after all, next week. It hasn't happened yet.

I don’t need to wait to know that it’s bs. I know you hope he’s credible because he says we like Bilal but I’m sorry to break it to you he’s full of ****.

So your comp for Bilal is Sekou? I'm going to hold you to it. Might even put it in my signature for the next year or so.

Please do. I’ll put your comp of the French Penny Hardaway in mine. Let’s check back in 2 years and see who’s is closer to being right.

Please do. I’ll put your comp of the French Penny Hardaway in mine. Let’s check back in 2 years and see who’s is closer to being right.

I called him a mashup of Wiggins and Exum. Look it up. Penny Hardaway is his ceiling if he shoots off the dribble.

I'm saying your posts on Bilal are childish. A bunch of posters on this site post some weird emotional ****, but you're on a bender right now.

All I have done is posted the most recent French prospects who have played in the same league as Bilal at the same age who have all busted in the league since 2013. Not a single one has done anything at the NBA level. If that doesn’t give you pause I don’t know what will. I also don’t understand how this is going on a bender. I am firmly staking my flag in the Bilal is more likely to be a bust than not camp. Sorry that you’re emotional over it.

The funny thing is when I read these mock drafts all of them are based off of the same intel from one person. Marc Stein said the Jazz were interested in Coulibaly and every single person doing a mock put him at 9 and referenced that report. It’s a nothing burger.
The crux of the rumor is Danny Ainge went to scout him in person.