What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

All I have done is posted the most recent French prospects who have played in the same league as Bilal at the same age who have all busted in the league since 2013. Not a single one has done anything at the NBA level. If that doesn’t give you pause I don’t know what will. I also don’t understand how this is going on a bender. I am firmly staking my flag in the Bilal is more likely to be a bust than not camp. Sorry that you’re emotional over it.

You're pointing to a sample of less than 10 prospects, many of whom were never first round picks to begin with. Is there something special about 2013? What's wrong with Rudy Gobert, Nic Batum, Tony Parker....nevermind Victor Wembanyama.

And FWIW, most American prospects bust. Being from France or Europe isn't a handicap.

So who is your source telling who the Jazz are going to draft at #9?

Bilal also shares agents with Rudy. Jazz have a good relationship with his agent, better than a y other NBA team. Jazz could be privy to more knowledge on Bilal than any other team.

The crux of the rumor is Danny Ainge went to scout him in person.

I think there's more to it than that. I think Barlowe and Stein have sources close to the team. Obviously, no one knows exactly what the Jazz are going to do, including the Jazz. But there's a fair amount of smoke around Bilal going in the lottery to the Jazz or Thunder depending on how the lottery shakes out.

You're pointing to a sample of less than 10 prospects, many of whom were never first round picks to begin with. Is there something special about 2013? What's wrong with Rudy Gobert, Nic Batum, Tony Parker....nevermind Victor Wembanyama.

And FWIW, most American prospects bust. Being from France or Europe isn't a handicap.

So who is your source telling who the Jazz are going to draft at #9?

Killian and Frank were both top-8 picks. Sekou went at 15 and Yabusele went at 16. The only two that didn’t were Okobo and Maledon who went 31 and 34. Luwawu went 24. The list goes on and on man. If that doesn’t make you weary I don’t know what will.

He said Black and Hendricks will both be available at 10 and Keyonte’s floor is 13 to Toronto.

I think Washington is seriously considering Bufkin as well as Black at #8. If they go with Bufkin, or a Thompson, that's going to push Anthony Black down another spot or two. The Jazz might take Black at #9, but they might also try to trade up for a wing. It's actually possible that Black does make it to 10. He may think it's possible too, since he worked out for Dallas.

If Bufkin or Bilal break into the top 10, that could push someone like Hendricks to 10 as well. It's all possible.

Killian and Frank were both top-8 picks. Sekou went at 15 and Yabusele went at 16. The only two that didn’t were Okobo and Maledon who went 31 and 34. Luwawu went 24. The list goes on and on man. If that doesn’t make you weary I don’t know what will.

Well, we'd better avoid prospects from Arkansas. It's looking like Moses Moody is close to a bust at this stage, and he was a lottery pick just a couple years ago. I'm pretty leery of big guards who were Razorbacks.

If you showed me hard proof of a college program where 6-8 players have been drafted in the top-16 the last 10 years and all of them suck then yes I would be leery of drafting someone from there. It’s not really hard to understand.

Well, we'd better avoid prospects from Arkansas. It's looking like Moses Moody is close to a bust at this stage, and he was a lottery pick just a couple years ago. I'm pretty leery of big guards who were Razorbacks.

How is one player comparable to 6-8? You really got me there. Good one.

I think Washington is seriously considering Bufkin as well as Black at #8. If they go with Bufkin, or a Thompson, that's going to push Anthony Black down another spot or two. The Jazz might take Black at #9, but they might also try to trade up for a wing. It's actually possible that Black does make it to 10. He may think it's possible too, since he worked out for Dallas.

If Bufkin or Bilal break into the top 10, that could push someone like Hendricks to 10 as well. It's all possible.

If you’re so confident in him let’s wager on it.

Players fail from everywhere, not just France. Should we not draft any players from Michigan because Trey Burke and Nik Stauskus?

Yeah, if only Franz, Poole, THJ, Robinson, LeVert, etc. weren’t all in the league, sure. Good one Cy. You’re a genius.

If you showed me hard proof of a college program where 6-8 players have been drafted in the top-16 the last 10 years and all of them suck then yes I would be leery of drafting someone from there. It’s not really hard to understand.

Once Wembanayma joins Rudy Gobert as an All NBA-level player, that French league will have a better track record for producing All NBA talent per on a per-draftee basis than the NCAA and P5. That's like 20% of NBA prospects from France making All NBA. Maybe more if we go back and include Tony Parker.

It's a logical fallacy to say that players from the French A league are more likely to bust than the average NBA player drafted at their draft position, and then cite a sample of 6 or 8 players in the last 10 years. That just isn't a basis for evaluating players.

Last edited:
Yeah, if only Franz, Poole, THJ, Robinson, LeVert, etc. weren’t all in the league, sure. Good one Cy. You’re a genius.

I can give you a list of players from Michigan who aren't in the league. Dozens of them. Even hundreds. Don't you see the flaw in your argument?

Once Wembanayma joins Rudy Gobert as an All NBA-level player, that French league will have a better track record for producing All NBA talent per on a per-draftee basis than the NCAA and P5. That's like 20% of NBA prospects from France making All NBA. Maybe more if we go back and include Tony Parker.

It's a logical fallacy to say that players from the French A league are more likely to bust than the average NBA player drafted at their draft position, and then site a sample of 6 or 8 players in the last 10 years. That just isn't a basis for evaluating players.

Lol dude math must not be your best subject. I have even listed half of the French busts who have been drafted.

I mean that’s one school in a league… we are talking about a league that has churned out some significant busts… maybe Bilal is different but you can’t ignore the track record.

I mean that’s one school in a league… we are talking about a league that has churned out some significant busts… maybe Bilal is different but you can’t ignore the track record.

If you want to evaluate a player, you need to evaluate him individually. Whether someone else from the league was a bust isn't relevant.

I can give you dozens or hundreds who weren't even good enough to get drafted. Even better right?

How is that even relevant at all to what I’m saying? The best of the best in the French league have consistently busted. The best of the best from Michigan are still playing in the NBA. Please try to keep the discussion relevant if you want to continue it.