What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

That’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about how the new cba ****s everything up for the suns and if they don’t win a title with that big three and basically scrubs they are done for a long time.

Or they could just trade Booker for cap space and picks. Somebody would take Durrant as well.

I’ve been asking myself the same thing and I think there’s only logical answer: The Suns new owner is an idiot who simply doesn’t care about the new CBA rules and is hell bent on making a major splash in hopes that it propels Phoenix to the finals early on in his ownership.

I think this move will be a disaster comparable to the Herschel Walker and Rudy Gobert trades. Maybe I’m missing something, but I see Booker and Beal as extreme 1 dimensional players who give you scoring, and well, nothing else. Prime Durrant is one of the better overall players in the league, but does prime Durrant even exist anymore?

I suppose it could work if Ayton decides to pull his head out of his *** and be the force that he’s capable of in the paint and defensively, but I doubt that happens and I don’t think we know yet if Ayton is even in their plans moving forward.

It just all seems like a massive mistake and I can’t wait to watch that franchise burn.
I feel like you don't actually watch the nba. Booker is so much more than a one dimensional scorer and the same goes for Beal. Booker is a very good playmaker when he needs to play that role and Beal can also play that role to a lesser extent. Saying Durant is not still one of the best players in the nba is pretty comical coming off a season where he averaged 29.1pts, 6.7rbs and 5 asts a game on great shooting percentages. His issue is injuries and that is a legit worry but when he plays the guy is without a doubt one of the best players in the world.

Or they could just trade Booker for cap space and picks. Somebody would take Durrant as well.
They’d still be capped out and once you trade one of those guys you aren’t a contender and gave up 7 years of draft picks.

KD has started to look a little worn out… he may not be a valuable trade chip in a year or two if he has another injury plagued run.

Beal is a fine risk for them… I just didn’t understand the cba and how all in they are… they are All. In. Like more all in than any team has ever been.

If Suns find a good Ayton trade that brings them another big and maybe a 3 and D wing or pg… they are in business. They are in business either way… I’ve just never seen a team this all in to win right now. Even the Warriors teams that were capped out in a much better cap environment, had most of their picks and multiple young upcoming prospects. They could have cashed in a few of those earlier but still not nearly as all in and they had won multiple titles… so they had a proven model… Suns don’t have that. They have a really decent shot at a title but one miss timed injured and it could be over.

If Suns find a good Ayton trade that brings them another big and maybe a 3 and D wing or pg… they are in business. They are in business either way… I’ve just never seen a team this all in to win right now. Even the Warriors teams that were capped out in a much better cap environment, had most of their picks and multiple young upcoming prospects. They could have cashed in a few of those earlier but still not nearly as all in and they had won multiple titles… so they had a proven model… Suns don’t have that. They have a really decent shot at a title but one miss timed injured and it could be over.
Ayton's value is just north of Beal right now. Not saying they can't get anything for him, but he just doesn't have much value at the moment.

Ayton has had a rough year+, but all it takes is one team to talk themselves into him. He is still 24yo, a walking 18/10 on good efficiency, and was a winning player two years ago during that final run (not saying he is a great winning player, just people dragging him as having huge losing stench may be recency bias)

I wouldn't be shocked at all if he netted 2-3 decent role players and a pick from a team that needs to consolidate.

I wonder if we could trade up to 5/6/7 while simultaneously trading for 10 as well.

9/16 for 7/26 then turn around and flip 26/28 to Dallas for 10 and Bertans.

They’d still be capped out and once you trade one of those guys you aren’t a contender and gave up 7 years of draft picks.

KD has started to look a little worn out… he may not be a valuable trade chip in a year or two if he has another injury plagued run.

Beal is a fine risk for them… I just didn’t understand the cba and how all in they are… they are All. In. Like more all in than any team has ever been.
*DRAKE MEME*
Trades that are good for both teams? Nah.
Trades that are bad for both teams?Yeeeahhh.

Russillo or Simmons made the point that they like this trade much more if they never did the KD trade and I agree.

Whoops!

Some great things I HAVEN’T heard, and probably won’t, this week:

- The FO is being very aggressive this week.

- They/we have explored options… moving up, staying put, moving back, moving out.

Under previous administrations how often would the above have to be thrown out?

I'd do the Texas two step.

Trade 16 to 12 and fully remove the 2024 protections for OKC (we want cash out next year and want to remove it hanging over our heads).

Then Trade 12 to 10.for only the Bertans salary.

After that is done then I would do the dance with Detroit maneuver. Offer the 10 and a future first for the 5.

And finally I'd do the where in the world is Patty Mills move. Trade the 28 + whatever for Patty Mills and the 21st..

We have the 5, 9, and 21st picks.

Jarace, Bilal, whoever + Patty Mills + Bertans.
We give up a future first (maybe two), plus fully remove the 2024 protections, and trade a good player and take back a bad contract to get it all done.