What's new

2024 annual Jazzfanz All time jazz draft

This year I may do something different with the sim. Like, run it 10x consecutively to show who won the most. I feel like that would be fair to everyone involved. I want these tournaments to be fairly judged, in the end because personal opinion at times can be biased, or there are people that lack the general knowledge of some legends and some teams get an unfair shake of being misjudged.

That’s exactly the problem though, the restrictions mean you have to pass on certain players you may like cos you’ve already picked another player in that era.

That’s the reason he fell this far.
If we ran a draft where there are no restrictions then you'll have people that will be SOL on getting more modern stars due to their draft positioning. The restriction allows people to get a star from each era. Across the board, the era restriction gives everyone a fair shake. It helps with balancing and if we run these drafts balancing is a must. Before you know it if we have no lock on the draft then by pick 32 there will be barely any modern players left to draft. I don't see an issue with having high value available on the board late in the draft because it allows those who didn't get to pick a more modern superstar the chance to compensate for it.

Mitch Richmond

One of the best players in the 90’s. Elite shooter, was a high volume 3pt shooter in the 90’s playmaker and scorer. IMO the second best shooting guard from the 90’s

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/62am6PBrNFw?si=dUs8F8bo6Lqi3XLZ

One of the most underrated players in nba history

View: https://youtu.be/M6Cg1Nz05QU?si=yskmvXb4YqEAE8Z3

He was going to be my pick but I just couldn't pass on Ewing in the 6th round. The value was too high with sg depth being better than center depth going forward.

This year I may do something different with the sim. Like, run it 10x consecutively to show who won the most. I feel like that would be fair to everyone involved. I want these tournaments to be fairly judged, in the end because personal opinion at times can be biased, or there are people that lack the general knowledge of some legends and some teams get an unfair shake of being misjudged.
Last years sim was funky with me blowing a 3-0 lead in the playoffs and Michael Jordan somehow only averaging like 12 points a game during those final 4 games.

Last years sim was funky with me blowing a 3-0 lead in the playoffs and Michael Jordan somehow only averaging like 12 points a game during those final 4 games.
I remember it well. It was the first time I saw a Michael Jordan-led team lose one of these competitions.

Yeah after that funkiness I realized one sim isn't enough. If someone wins a sim 5-6 times out of like 15, and everyone else (or a few other people) wins once or 2x then that's more telling. I think this is a much better way to go. I may cut the summaries out, screenshot some key statistics so everyone can see how good their team was, and who their standout players were and just post each sim result. I agree with what you said because I wasn't expecting last years sim to go the way it did. I was still in the learning curve of doing this, but now I know that I got the perfect formula to it.

And also I felt really bad for you because I felt like you should've made it to the finals the way your team was constructed.

Last edited:
Playing in a golf tournament can’t pick for a couple hours sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back