What's new

2024 Mock Draft #2

I'm not a huge Holland fan, but would understand it from the Jazz, they desperately need wings.

If we are trading our pick back though, I would assume we are trying to be good next year. In that situation I would think Carter could help us win a lot more games next year than Holland.

I'm not a huge Holland fan, but would understand it from the Jazz, they desperately need wings.

If we are trading our pick back though, I would assume we are trying to be good next year. In that situation I would think Carter could help us win a lot more games next year than Holland.
In general rookies don't help you win now. I made the deal under the assumption we may want to sign a guy or two or make some moves to help improve the roster... Or make the big move. This way the difference between 8 and 12 is not potential top 8 pick or nothing. It makes it easier to do the middle build. I just wanted the highest upside guy and the position of need (long and short term) is a nice bonus.

And honestly, I got a guy I had hoped would be an option at 10. I like him more than Williams. I like Dilly more but its just small guard on small guard on small guard. So happy with how it worked out moving back.

In general rookies don't help you win now. I made the deal under the assumption we may want to sign a guy or two or make some moves to help improve the roster... Or make the big move. This way the difference between 8 and 12 is not potential top 8 pick or nothing. It makes it easier to do the middle build. I just wanted the highest upside guy and the position of need (long and short term) is a nice bonus.

That make sense. I do think rookies can help you win games. Especially guys who can play defense.

Miami takes next years rookie of the year Tidjane Salaun. All teams will regret not drafting the next Gianni's.

That make sense. I do think rookies can help you win games. Especially guys who can play defense.
Yeah... its why I said in general. If there was an exception I think Carter is a good candidate to be that.

And honestly, I got a guy I had hoped would be an option at 10. I like him more than Williams. I like Dilly more but its just small guard on small guard on small guard. So happy with how it worked out moving back.

I was choosing between Holland and Dillingham for Chicago and I'll admit that in the back of my mind I didn't want the Jazz to take Dillingham.

Ultimately I picked Dillingham for Chicago because I think they need to blow some things up, and I think Dillingham could be an exciting piece for them. I think he could work with White as well, who is probably their only piece worth for sure keeping at this point.

IF and its a big IF Holland can shoot it and he is Josh Jackson with a passable shot and without the crazy... that's phenomenal at 12.