What's new

2024 Mock Draft #2

Portland selects Zachry Cheyne Edey
Well Portland didn't need a small guard so I congratulate you on going in the exact opposite direction. If Edey was the target, Portland probably could have traded down though and gotten Edey anyway plus an extra asset. I love the enthusiasm though.

Well Portland didn't need a small guard so I congratulate you on going in the exact opposite direction. If Edey was the target, Portland probably could have traded down though and gotten Edey anyway plus an extra asset. I love the enthusiasm though.
If we could trade players/future picks I would look more into trading down.

If we could trade players/future picks I would look more into trading down.
POR certainly doesn't need any more picks in this draft and agree, they will likely be looking to trade up vs trade down, and could be looking to trade out of some of their picks.

FWIW, future picks are ok to trade as long as you've verified that they are tradeable.

No way. We got out of our OKC obligation for basically nothing. Now we can actually chase the play in without an extreme penalty if we end up 11th next year. We will still get one of the players I was targeting. We winnin.
I forgot about getting our pick back.

That's definitely a huge win

No way. We got out of our OKC obligation for basically nothing. Now we can actually chase the play in without an extreme penalty if we end up 11th next year. We will still get one of the players I was targeting. We winnin.
Yeah, that trade would never happen, especially not before the draft even started. Maybe if someone OKC really liked (like pairing the Williams Bros together) dropped, but not before the draft starts.

I'd consider offering Utah the #9 pick for #12 and #29 on behalf of the Pels, but I have a personal vendetta to keep Cody Williams away from Sam Presti.