What's new

2024 Mock Draft #2

New Orleans Pelicans are keeping their pick from the Lakers this year at #17. Pels then trade #17 + #21 to Memphis to move up for #9.

Pels will now listen to offers for the 9th pick.

The #17 and #21 are highly unlikely to yield a #9 pick in any draft. I think it only gets them about #13 personally. Maybe only 14.

So that's why I took the offer.

Lol, it also seemed to me that you were GM'ing for Memphis as well. Nope!

@sip don't love that trade. But I know you like the lower ranked players and saw a chance for two of them I guess. lol

Lol, it also seemed to me that you were GM'ing for Memphis as well. Nope!

@sip don't love that trade. But I know you like the lower ranked players and saw a chance for two of them I guess. lol
Yep I have a target for the griz that I'm pretty confident will be there at 17 and another one at 21. Usually I would try to do a couple trades to move back but I have to build a new patio at a rental property so I won't be paying a lot of attention over the next few days during the day and wanted to get those picks locked.

Yep I have a target for the griz that I'm pretty confident will be there at 17 and another one at 21. Usually I would try to do a couple trades to move back but I have to build a new patio at a rental property so I won't be paying a lot of attention over the next few days during the day and wanted to get those picks locked.
I didn't hate the trade. Its close to what the price could be depending on who is on the board.

I didn't hate the trade. Its close to what the price could be depending on who is on the board.
For me it's only a bad trade if both targets end up being gone by 17 and I would be really surprised if that happens. One of the guys is pretty much never mentioned on this board.