What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Well I just go by the history, but of course you could be right. Let's mark it down and check it after say 8 years. Maybe Edey becomes a Monster and Cy takes the win.
And again I think this draft is fine. I just think the days of Jamal Magloire making an AS game are over. This draft has no obvious star power but I bet at least one guy will pop.

And again I think this draft is fine. I just think the days of Jamal Magloire making an AS game are over. This draft has no obvious star power but I bet at least one guy will pop.
Well there’s random pops every draft, so I’m just assuming the rate of randoms will be the same with 0 “sure thing” type prospects.

If we somehow got three late lotto picks I would suddenly be 1000% interested in seeing what consolidating two of those might get you in a trade up.

I'm looking for additional clues to see if Utah might have a deal to trade up to #5 with Detroit. I don't really care about much else.

Also, I think it's "lede."
A useful (if much too long), debunking of "lede" as preferable to "lead"

@Tony Jones seems to like Salaun for the Jazz -- big, long, athletic, high-energy, young. To me, he's an interesting lump of clay to develop and maybe worth swinging on at 10 in a draft like this one, especially if guys like Sheppard, Castle and Williams are long gone. Portland and San Antonio are probably looking at him, but there's a chance he gets to #10.

He becomes somewhat interesting to me because his 9'2" standing reach suggests he might even be able to play some minutes as a stretch-5. He's got about +4 inches of standing reach on John Collins and +3 inches on Filipowski, for example.

Last edited:
@Tony Jones seems to like Salaun for the Jazz -- big, long, athletic, high-energy, young. To me, he's an interesting lump of clay to develop and maybe worth swinging on at 10 in a draft like this one, especially if guys like Sheppard, Castle and Williams are long gone. Portland and San Antonio are probably looking at him, but there's a chance he gets to #10.

He becomes somewhat interesting to me because his 9'2" standing reach and bounce suggest he might even be able to play some minutes as a stretch-5. He's got about +4 inches of standing reach on John Collins and +3 inches on Filipowski, for example.
Young enough that he could grow another inch or to maybe too

He becomes somewhat interesting to me because his 9'2" standing reach suggests he might even be able to play some minutes as a stretch-5. He's got about +4 inches of standing reach on John Collins and +3 inches on Filipowski, for example.
My issue with him is his lack of creating his own shot.

I dont want just another Taylor Hendricks on the team

My issue with him is his lack of creating his own shot.

I dont want just another Taylor Hendricks on the team

FWIW, he handles and slashes a bit better than Hendricks. He's a 2 or 3-dribble guy right now, but he's like Lauri in the sense that if he gets going downhill he's going to be tough to stop from getting to the rim.

If Risacher, Sarr, Sheppard, Castle, Buzelis, Williams, Clingan, Carter and Knecht are off the board, then the Jazz are pretty much down to Salaun and Holland -- young, athletic, underdeveloped guys. But picture Salaun with another 15 - 20 lbs playing as a high-energy 4/5. Even if his skill level is pretty average, he's probably still going to have some impact.

Back