What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Would you be upset if we pick him at 10?

I wouldn’t be upset mabye just a little disappointed depending on who was still on the board I just don’t trust in a 6’2 combo guard with questionable playmaking no matter how good he is at everything else I just see him as a solid role player and would prefer someone with more upside especially at his age only players I think id be upset with at 10 are salaun because I don’t think he’s better than Hendricks and dillingham because he’s just Collin sexton with somehow worse defense I’d love Cody Williams, Ron holland or even Zach edey over them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing I like with Matas is that he is a real athlete. It might not all be functional currently, but I could see him filling out and being a handful.

At some point you've got to give credence to what he's doing in workouts. I didn't like what I could see, but I believe people when they say he looks great. Could be a true elite athlete....GLeague is a hell hole so I don't hold his poor play against him too much.

I think he can potentially be like Jalen Johnson if things come together for him.

their gleague numbers across the board are comparable, slight edge to Holland on most, and Holland is nearly a year younger. buzelis is taller, holland the bigger wingspan and athletically they are basically clones.

It's why I've had Holland ahead....but he seems to really be stinking it up in every workout. I also don't think you can take much from GLeague numbers. If we did, Tyler Smith should go before both.

Dillingham sounds exciting but Jazz need to get bigger and more versatile at every position
The thing I hate about drafting Dillingham is what if you draft next year and you get the 5th pick and the last elite prospect left is a guard on the smaller side? It's not about the fit currently, or what the Jazz need, but it just makes drafting harder in 2025.

The thing I hate about drafting Dillingham is what if you draft next year and you get the 5th pick and the last elite prospect left is a guard on the smaller side? It's not about the fit currently, or what the Jazz need, but it just makes drafting harder in 2025.
Sounds like a good problem to have.

I want wings. Give me athletic wings. At least two if you can.
What if Holland Carter and Salaun, are best available at our pick, who do you want?
I’m not the biggest fan of Carter

Lol. He views Carter as a sexton/Key clone. I’ve tried to tell him he plays nothing like them. First he’s not small and plays bigger. He will be able to guard most wings.

His other argument is playmaking. He’s not a great playmaker but most college players come into the league that way and grow into it. I’m not worried about that in the least. Also there were only 4 pg’s that averaged 7 or more ast a game so that alone makes it a none issue.

Buzelis has one move in his entire bag and he turns it over half the time if he gets breathed on in the middle of his move
I don’t get why he’s expected to go as high as #5. I just don’t see it.

What if Holland Carter and Salaun, are best available at our pick, who do you want?

Lol. He views Carter as a sexton/Key clone. I’ve tried to tell him he plays nothing like them. First he’s not small and plays bigger. He will be able to guard most wings.

His other argument is playmaking. He’s not a great playmaker but most college players come into the league that way and grow into it. I’m not worried about that in the least. Also there were only 4 pg’s that averaged 7 or more ast a game so that alone makes it a none issue.

I don’t get why he’s expected to go as high as #5. I just don’t see it.

I don’t see Carter as anything like sexton or Key he is definitely an undersized guard with questionable playmaking and can’t handle lead guard duties he’s like Walmart Marcus smart and that’s not someone I’d use the 10th pick on

Got any rumor for us? I don’t care if you just make it up I’m horny for one.
I wish.

I know you guys all think I'm full of ****. But there was once a legitimate connection we were close family friends with (high-ranking NBA executive for an Eastern Conference team; a name you would all know). TL;DR, there was a divorce that led to a big, nasty spat between the women involved. So we don't talk much anymore.

I don’t see Carter as anything like sexton or Key he is definitely an undersized guard with questionable playmaking and can’t handle lead guard duties he’s like Walmart Marcus smart and that’s not someone I’d use the 10th pick on

I wasn’t saying you were comparing games just the affect of being a small guard. He isn’t small. And I think he will develop some playmaking. He isn’t going to be one of those tunnel vision guards that go one on one like a CJ or Key at the end of the year. Plus I pointed out the fact that there are a ton of starting pg’s with questionable playmaking. That just isn’t the pg position anymore.

Back