What's new

2024 NBA Free Agency Thread

Still no completion of the Dunn sign and trade, correct?

Just wanting to make sure I didn't miss something. Even if we do the maximum allowable R&E with Lauri, how much more money do we need to spend to get to the floor? Any ideas on how we will spend that money?
I think as long as we don't make any more roster adjustments the Lauri R&E gets us pretty close to the floor.

If we have 36M left in space who of value is left to sign who would want more than the MLE that could later be flipped for a 1st rounder in the 20th-30th pick range to a contender in February?

Think player who simultaneously can help us stealth tank but also be a good leader.

If we have 36M left in space who of value is left to sign who would want more than the MLE that could later be flipped for a 1st rounder in the 20th-30th pick range to a contender in February?

Think player who simultaneously can help us stealth tank but also be a good leader.
Ain't no Kelly Oubre this year. They're gonna sit on the space and wait for a desperate team to call.

Here are some players, though:
-Saddiq Bey
-Tyus Jones
-Gary Trent Jr.
-Dinwiddie
-Lonnie Walker
-Kennard

Last edited:
Ain't no Kelly Oubre this year. They're gonna sit on the space and wait for a desperate team to call.

Here are some players, though:
-Saddiq Bey
-Tyus Jones
-Gary Trent Jr.
-Dinwiddie
-Lonnie Walker
-Kennard
2nd apron is going to be brutal. Some teams that have overspent are going to be looking to get out from under some contracts. Extend or trade Lauri and then be opportunistic.

Wow! What a badass. This may be the first time we have seen a star choose team building over money. Some guys have taken small discounts but usually they want that bag and then complain that their team is struggling to put a strong roster around them. Watch Bridges make a similar concession.
Definitely fascinating. It's easy for me to say he'll have $250 million on career earnings even with this contract, and he'll not really be able to spend that anyways, but this has never happened to this level before.

I'm excited for them, I'm actually starting to root for the Knicks which is gross.

Plus, winning championships for New York will make him many millions in additional promotions haha

I have earlier suggested Lauri could be the kinda guy to do what Brunson just did. If I was Lauri, I'd offer to take less money in the terms of him having the chance to choose from the possible top three offers Jazz is getting, in case he will be shipped sometimes in the future. If such terms can't be negotiated, then ofc, aim for the max. Love what Brunson did here! Thinking about team building

Also, and what cap hit did LeBron not take? Like 500K? lmao. Dude's a billionaire and still screws over the Lakers (not that I care cause **** the Lakers).

Im sure Brunson taking less money has nothing to do with CAA/NY/Brunson Family connections and there is nothing shady going on...

And IMO this should not be celebrated and is a bad thing. The balance and fairness of the league kind of depends on max players getting their max money.
I will always celebrate unselfishness and people who put things over money on their priority list. Sorry

Back