What's new

2024 NBA Free Agency Thread

The Jazz let these salary dump opportunities fly by them. Ditto for any reclamation type projects. I think we're are lining up Lauri to give him the most front loaded R+E possible and get a more favorable non-guaranteed/team option situation at the end of his deal.

Figuring out who else they’re sending us in expirings for John Collins (I hope)
fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_7-8-2024_12-33-09PM.png

I guess something like this would be basic outline (I used Sensabaugh in place of Dunn, assume that's what his salary would be, something slightly above the vet min).

Try to find a reroute for Norman Powell that gets 2nd rounders back. Try to reroute Hyland to a team like Brooklyn/Washington for a 2nd rounder. Straight up waive PJ/Russ.

Would the Clippers do this? I do think it makes them better overall. The stepdown from Powell to Clarkson is kind of steep though if Clarkson doesnt have a bounce back year. Collins is a big improvement over Tucker/Hyland/Russ and Dunn is an improvement.

Clippers roster would be like.....

Harden - Dunn - KPJ
Mann - Clarkson - Primo
Leonard - DJJ - Coffey
Collins - Batum
Zubac - Bamba

Last edited:
The Jazz let these salary dump opportunities fly by them. Ditto for any reclamation type projects. I think we're are lining up Lauri to give him the most front loaded R+E possible and get a more favorable non-guaranteed/team option situation at the end of his deal.
I think the first part is true. I think the give back will just be not getting max raises. I'd much rather flatten the deal than get a TO.

I think you are correct, but for the reclamation projects its also about lack of roster spots. We essentially have 1 roster spot and 1 two-way spot left to give and there are still some guys from last years roster we havent decided on that arent included in the 14+2 we already have locked.

I would be shocked if their was a team option or non guaranteed money on the back end. Odds are far more likely that it is a player option on the last year. Lauri has all the leverage and I can't see the jazz balking at a last year player option.

Was listening to the Hoops Collective and they were all flabbergasted that Max Christie got a player option on his contract. How are you Los Angeles giving a scrub a player option on an overpaid contract?

How are you Los Angeles giving a scrub a player option on an overpaid contract?
2544.png

I would be shocked if their was a team option or non guaranteed money on the back end. Odds are far more likely that it is a player option on the last year. Lauri has all the leverage and I can't see the jazz balking at a last year player option.
Lauri actually doesn’t have all the leverage but there’s really no reason to be playing around with options on either side.

Lauri actually doesn’t have all the leverage but there’s really no reason to be playing around with options on either side.
Yeah, Lauri will want the pay raise this year. Obviously he has some leverage just because of course Utah wants to keep him, but he also wants the raise and security. I doubt Lauri gets the most player friendly deal possible, there will be something(s) he gives up.

Back