What's new

Broncos fans still confident? They're gonna take third in their own division next year.

Glad my Buccs brought back Doug

To who? The Chiefs are a legit threat to win the division but the Chargers suck and the Raiders are still a season or two away from being a threat.

Broncos losses so far:

Manning QB - Retired
Osweiler QB - Texans
Vasquez OT - Released
Daniels TE - Released
Brewer LS - Released
Jackson DE - Jaguars
Trevethan LB - Bears

Additions: Donald Stephenson OT

Denver has certainly taken a hit, a big one. Plenty of questions to be answered such as QB, DE and RB. Daniels replacement is already on the team (Heuerman). Also Clady will be back (unless something changes) helping out the OL. I would list them as a solid play off contender but not a super bowl contender as of right now. Perhaps Forte or Foster at RB? Kaepernick, RG3 and Manziel have all been rumored at QB, yuck. Elway has proven to be a great GM and I am confident that he will work hard to improve this team and deliver once again.

For the record I wouldn't have picked Denver to make the playoffs with Osweiler...but that's a big blow and I think it's hilarious because they did it to themselves.
Like I told my friends that like the Broncos to enjoy this super bowl victory because it was an anomaly imo.
I really like Oakland in 2 years, KC will take the AFC West next year.

Based on what? Elway has done nothing but build a contender since he became GM. Good offseasons and drafts. Plus he appears to be good with getting players to buy in and restructure deals to further help the team. Are there problems now? Of course but Denver is still, and will remain, in the top ranks of the AFC.

KC has a good chance to take the west. As you said Oakland is 2 years away, at least. They have a long history of messing it up. Denver is still in contention for the West and at worst a wild card.

To who? The Chiefs are a legit threat to win the division but the Chargers suck and the Raiders are still a season or two away from being a threat.

Broncos losses so far:

Manning QB - Retired
Osweiler QB - Texans
Vasquez OT - Released
Daniels TE - Released
Brewer LS - Released
Jackson DE - Jaguars
Trevethan LB - Bears

Additions: Donald Stephenson OT

Denver has certainly taken a hit, a big one. Plenty of questions to be answered such as QB, DE and RB. Daniels replacement is already on the team (Heuerman). Also Clady will be back (unless something changes) helping out the OL. I would list them as a solid play off contender but not a super bowl contender as of right now. Perhaps Forte or Foster at RB? Kaepernick, RG3 and Manziel have all been rumored at QB, yuck. Elway has proven to be a great GM and I am confident that he will work hard to improve this team and deliver once again.

Forte is now a member of my Jets.

Love what Tampa has done, which is nothing. Resign Doug and have a great draft. Forever Tampa won free agency but it never translated to on field wins, you win from the draft and not over paying old washed up goods.

So, so true.

Based on the fact that the Broncos were close to missing the playoffs going into week 16, and were lucky to get the number 1 seed....not lucky to win the super bowl because they beat everybody in front of them, but a massive 1 year wonder..just my opinion

That would hold more water if they didn't have dominate defense, make the playoffs the previous several seasons, win the AFC 5 years straight and make the Superbowl in 2013 (oof). Hardly a 1 year wonder.

But yes, they are worse now than they were last season. It's still early though and I have faith in Elway.

Raiders and Jags have been busy improving.

Raiders landed Sean Smith (CB), Osemele (O-line) and Irvin OLB.

Jags landed Malik Jackson DE and Tashaun Gibson FS.

Both teams are on their way up. Raiders further along than the Jags of course.

Broncos traded a "conditional" 2017 pick for Mark Sanchez. Say they are not done at QB though

Then they just restricted Ware to less money. Elway is trying to make something happen.

Denver also got 3 compensatory picks including a 3rd rounder, they have 10 total picks in this draft.

Raiders and Jags have been busy improving.

Raiders landed Sean Smith (CB), Osemele (O-line) and Irvin OLB.

Jags landed Malik Jackson DE and Tashaun Gibson FS.

Both teams are on their way up. Raiders further along than the Jags of course.

Signing guys doesn't mean teams are on their way up.

That might have been a little strong for the Jags but it is spot on for the Raiders. Unfortunately.

They're seemingly on their way up because of Carr, Cooper, and Mack. This FA crop, again, doesn't mean it'll help them or that they'll improve.

Last edited:
They're seemingly on their way up because of Carr, Cooper, and Mack. This FA crop, again, doesn't mean it'll help them or that they'll improve.

When you are pulling in quality players thru FA of course it helps them. Yes the Raiders did some good drafting, but FA helps.

Lol at jazzfanz trying to argue over everything.

Y'all need a hobby.

When you are pulling in quality players thru FA of course it helps them. Yes the Raiders did some good drafting, but FA helps.

Lol at jazzfanz trying to argue over everything.

Y'all need a hobby.

No, it really doesn't.

Broncos matched the Dolphins offer to CJ Anderson. That will limit the Broncos remaining cap space to around 4 million (unless Clady is dropped or restructured). Looks like most further improvement will be thru their 10 draft picks in 2016 or trades.

Pats/Cardinals trade. Pats shipped DE Chandler Jones to the Cards for OG Jonathan Cooper and a 2nd round pick. Thoughts?

Safety Eric Weedle is headed to the Ravens.