What's new

Why not give Fitz more years with less up front in year one? 4 years, 45M with just 8M guaranteed in year one or something like that?

Because fitz ain't good enough to commit to long term imo

I think this is where Elway is at. Fitz is 33 already even with a multi year contract he's a band aid. Elway will lean on his monster D to soften the impact a young QB will have on the W-L column.

I think they go after a QB in round 1. Denver has enough picks to trade to move up if needed.

The Broncos are ****ed, I don't care what any of you guys say, you need a guy that can make plays and not turn the ball over...I realize 18 led the league in TOs last year but that's Peyton Manning...your QB options are Sanchez who you already have who is the definition of the opposite of a game manager. Fitz is a boom or burst, he's either Fitzmagic or Fitztragic great all season last year, set NYJ records and when it came time to play great when it actually counted to make the playoffs he choked.
Other options are Collin "Me, me, me" Kapernick? Have fun with that.
Or your other option is RGMe?
Like I've said before, Brock Osweiler isn't worth what he got but the Broncos would be so much better off going into this off season paying him what the Texans did and building on last year's success. The Broncos will not make the playoffs next year.

Problem with that is they were built to win off their D not their O. Majority of the D returned. The rush and secondary are the exact same. And their O Line should be much better this year. Yes QB is clearly a problem but the Broncos also face a much easier schedule this year compared to last year. Also Kubiak's O is built on the run and they retained Anderson.

Broncos make the playoffs but don't make the Super Bowl. Short of something dramatic happening like them drafting a QB who just explodes or something hing.

Because fitz ain't good enough to commit to long term imo

Fitz is light years better than Manning was last year, has the vet experience they should want imo for the playoffs given their defense they'll lean on, fits in with their bright, "crunchy" city/state, and has great receiving weapons around him to make him look better than he is.

Kaep pretty much had one good read option year and has sucked since, defenses wising up how to stop it. RG3 can't stay healthy and hasn't shown much when he is healthy. Fitz at least had a solid QB rating last year and should, in theory, be able to manage a game better than the other two clowns.

Fitz is light years better than Manning was last year, has the vet experience they should want imo for the playoffs given their defense they'll lean on, fits in with their bright, "crunchy" city/state, and has great receiving weapons around him to make him look better than he is.

Kaep pretty much had one good read option year and has sucked since, defenses wising up how to stop it. RG3 can't stay healthy and hasn't shown much when he is healthy. Fitz at least had a solid QB rating last year and should, in theory, be able to manage a game better than the other two clowns.
Lesser of other evils and maybe the best guy they can get? Sure, I can get behind that.