What's new

Broncos matched the Dolphins offer to CJ Anderson. That will limit the Broncos remaining cap space to around 4 million (unless Clady is dropped or restructured). Looks like most further improvement will be thru their 10 draft picks in 2016 or trades.

Pats/Cardinals trade. Pats shipped DE Chandler Jones to the Cards for OG Jonathan Cooper and a 2nd round pick. Thoughts?

Safety Eric Weedle is headed to the Ravens.

I wasn't too surprised to see Jones get traded after that incident at the Police station. They're also fairly deep in terms of pass rushers. Still, the trade is a BIG question mark. If Cooper is who everybody thought he was coming out of college + the Pats get a contributor with the pick + they sign more help with pass rushing, then everything will turn out fine.

Thought that Pats/Cards trade was great for both teams. I liked the Ravens signings of Weddle and Wallace too. They're a top five run organization and if Steve Smith can get fully healthy and they draft well, they could be a sleeper SB team next year.

Most of these teams are spending money like drunk sailors! My Falcons got the best player possible for there most glaring weakness, the offensive line and center position! They gave away 2 games last year because of bad center snaps! They still have the 17th pick and they did sign some clown receiver from the Bengals to help out "Me and Julio down by the school yard" Jones! I'm afraid they may have thrown away more money than was necessary on some of there free agent signings. But I guess these teams have to spend so much money anyway.

I wasn't too surprised to see Jones get traded after that incident at the Police station. They're also fairly deep in terms of pass rushers. Still, the trade is a BIG question mark. If Cooper is who everybody thought he was coming out of college + the Pats get a contributor with the pick + they sign more help with pass rushing, then everything will turn out fine.

Just signed Martellus Bennet(sp?) too.

Denver signed Russell Okung to a 5 year deal. He's a LT as is Clady. That probably spells the end of Clady which will save Denver 8.3 million in cap space. Probably lose some of that signing Okung.

Denver signed Russell Okung to a 5 year deal. He's a LT as is Clady. That probably spells the end of Clady which will save Denver 8.3 million in cap space. Probably lose some of that signing Okung.

Probably lose some of that? Lol. Ya think? The deal is reported to be between 10.6-12.5M per year.

Probably lose some of that? Lol. Ya think? The deal is reported to be between 10.6-12.5M per year.

Denver had a couple mil in space before anything happens with Clady. ESPN says the Okung deal is really a 1 year 8 mill rental with 4 years worth 48 mill in team options. So yeah some.

Yeah or nearly all with the chance of all. Depending on how you choose to look at it.

Yeah or nearly all with the chance of all. Depending on how you choose to look at it.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/cap/

Okung is a 5 mill cap hit this year and Clady is a 10.1 mill cap hit. Denver still has 5.8 mill in cap space after Okung and before Clady. I have read that releasing Clady hits Denver with 1.2 mill against the cap. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/17/broncos-ryan-clady-are-currently-at-impasse/ Shows that releasing Clady would cost Denver 1.2 next year.

So let's do some simple math.

5.8 (available cap space, after Okung mind you)
+10.1 (releasing/trading Clady)
= 15.9 Mill in cap space.

Don't worry we are not done.

- 1.2 (Clady hit based on a release)
=14.7 mill still available.

Well ****, Math says you are wrong. Math also says that the Broncos have more cap space than my conservative estimate. Take it up with Math. Coincidently I was wrong as well, Okung doesn't eat up any of the savings releasing/trading Clady will bring.

Question for me now that we've established you're just wrong is this: Will the Broncos trade Clady (rumored to have -5 teams interested) or release him?

https://www.hngn.com/articles/190405/20160318/denver-broncos-looking-trade-ryan-clady.htm Once again I helped you out, that's a link to 4-5 teams having "interest" in Clady.

Last edited:
I'm a life-long Pats fan, so keep that in mind when you read this: they HAVE to be the favorite to win it all at this point. I'm totally amp'd by their moves.

I'm a life-long Pats fan, so keep that in mind when you read this: they HAVE to be the favorite to win it all at this point. I'm totally amp'd by their moves.

Yeah i think they are certainly the favorites from the AFC. I haven't looked at what teams like Carolina, Green Bay and Seattle have done though. Either way Pats are a favorite for sure.

As long as brady and bellicheck ate there they should be the favorites imo.

A dynasty. One of the best teams/runs of all time

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/cap/

Okung is a 5 mill cap hit this year and Clady is a 10.1 mill cap hit. Denver still has 5.8 mill in cap space after Okung and before Clady. I have read that releasing Clady hits Denver with 1.2 mill against the cap. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/17/broncos-ryan-clady-are-currently-at-impasse/ Shows that releasing Clady would cost Denver 1.2 next year.

So let's do some simple math.

5.8 (available cap space, after Okung mind you)
+10.1 (releasing/trading Clady)
= 15.9 Mill in cap space.

Don't worry we are not done.

- 1.2 (Clady hit based on a release)
=14.7 mill still available.

Well ****, Math says you are wrong. Math also says that the Broncos have more cap space than my conservative estimate. Take it up with Math. Coincidently I was wrong as well, Okung doesn't eat up any of the savings releasing/trading Clady will bring.

Question for me now that we've established you're just wrong is this: Will the Broncos trade Clady (rumored to have -5 teams interested) or release him?

https://www.hngn.com/articles/190405/20160318/denver-broncos-looking-trade-ryan-clady.htm Once again I helped you out, that's a link to 4-5 teams having "interest" in Clady.

You can't be this ****ing dense. My point was you stated they'd probably lose some of that 8.3M in cap space. Probably, as if there is the chance they may not lose any. They in fact may lose 6.2M of it, the 5M to Okung and the 1.2M for the cap hit. 6.2/8.3 is 75% so yeah, they may lose about 75% of that space.

That said, it was a GREAT contract on Denver's part. Maybe they sign one more third tier free agent and then kill the draft with CB, DL or OLB, and OL.

Who do you want at qb? If I'm you, I want Fitzpatrick.

But I definitely draft a DL or OLB in the first three rounds if I'm them. You lost a couple guys but still have Miller, Wolfe, Ware and Ray to rush the passer. I'd try to continue to make sure that stays elite by getting another rusher.

You can't be this ****ing dense. My point was you stated they'd probably lose some of that 8.3M in cap space. Probably, as if there is the chance they may not lose any. They in fact may lose 6.2M of it, the 5M to Okung and the 1.2M for the cap hit. 6.2/8.3 is 75% so yeah, they may lose about 75% of that space.

That said, it was a GREAT contract on Denver's part. Maybe they sign one more third tier free agent and then kill the draft with CB, DL or OLB, and OL.

Who do you want at qb? If I'm you, I want Fitzpatrick.

Even if we look at it this way they lose "some". Just like I said. Get a damn grip. We can ignore all the links if it helps you feel better.

As for QB. I agree but he wants more than Denver can pay. As a result names I'm hearing are Paxton Lynch and Kaepernick. Denver does have 10 picks so I think they will replace Jackson and Trevathan that way.

But I definitely draft a DL or OLB in the first three rounds if I'm them. You lost a couple guys but still have Miller, Wolfe, Ware and Ray to rush the passer. I'd try to continue to make sure that stays elite by getting another rusher.

Broncos have drafted a defensive player in the 1st round every year since Elway became GM. I expect that to continue. Most the defensive starters are returning so I think we will be ok there. I like that they've been improving their O Line (hopefully).

Even if we look at it this way they lose "some". Just like I said. Get a damn grip. We can ignore all the links if it helps you feel better.

As for QB. I agree but he wants more than Denver can pay. As a result names I'm hearing are Paxton Lynch and Kaepernick. Denver does have 10 picks so I think they will replace Jackson and Trevathan that way.

Why not give Fitz more years with less up front in year one? 4 years, 45M with just 8M guaranteed in year one or something like that?

Why not give Fitz more years with less up front in year one? 4 years, 45M with just 8M guaranteed in year one or something like that?
Because fitz ain't good enough to commit to long term imo