What's new

A bit of trade speculation surrounding Cousins...

We would be upgrading our front line especially with attitude imagine Rudy and Cousins they would be some big nasties. Then we already have a player in Hood that has a higher ceiling then Hayward. We could ask for a pick then pick a 3 and d backup to Hood. Plus, use our pick to get a backup pf. We bring over Tomic we would be at least in the top 5 next year in the West. Our d would still be great and Cousins would upgrade our offense.

We would be upgrading our front line especially with attitude imagine Rudy and Cousins

Glad you are excited to watch Cousins cry after every call and stand around and pout while the team plays 4v5 on defense.

I am not.

Maybe if Rudy bitch slaps him after every play, in a few years his attitude might be okay.

I don't think Boogie is going anywhere as Divac loves him and will build around him. However, if Matt Malone takes over in Orlando Vucevic for Cousins swap could make sense.

Combine was a long time ago, they have both physically changed since then. Fact is Cousins takes plays off on defense frequently. He is worse than Kanter in this regard. Yes maybe he suddenly changes with a new coach and plays hard all game but that seems like a silly risk to take when we have a team working together. We also have a player in Favors that is developing much faster than Cousins. Cousins is pretty much the same player he was in the league his rookie year. Favors has worked hard to develop, look at his jump shot this year. We have good reason to think Favors will continue to develop at a faster rate than Cousins. We also have an identity as a defensive team, Cousins does not consider himself a defensive player and puts in little effort, this would hurt our all around defense and cause other players to not rotate properly and work less hard. Look at what we were with Kanter in the lineup.

Sorry if you think Cousins is as good of a defender as Favors than I guess you make the trade but that seems silly to me. Even if he changes his effort (huge risk) he is not going to be the defender Favors is right now.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely don't think he's the defender that favors is. Physically, he could IMO be as good or better than favors, but 90% of defense is focus, desire, and team concepts. My point is that, under the right circumstances he wouldn't be a negative on the defensive end, and his passing, ball-handling, scoring, and foul-drawing would be huge in Quin's offensive system. I'm totally fine if we don't move anything and keep favors, but i still see getting top tier talent as a priority for this club.

At first I would have said yes to Favors for Cousins, after having watched Cousins live, NOPE.

Just think of the lineup

Collison, Exum, Neto
Burks, Hezonja, Milsap
Hood, Ingles, Draft pick
Cousins, Monroe, Booker
Gobert, Tomic, then Cousins could bounce up here in a crunch

I'd rather have that lineup then Lenord

There is no way he would want to come here and no way we want him to come here. Next Feb, Favors will be an All Star and Cousins won't.

Just think of the lineup

Collison, Exum, Neto
Burks, Hezonja, Milsap
Hood, Ingles, Draft pick
Cousins, Monroe, Booker
Gobert, Tomic, then Cousins could bounce up here in a crunch

I'd rather have that lineup then Lenord

I don't see how you put Cousins ahead of the current Finals MVP, if you count personality as well. I've always been big on team chemistry.

Exum/Trey or Cotton/Neto
Hood/Burks/Ingles
Antetokounpo/Ilyasova
Favors/Booker
Gobert/Tomic

Look at that starting lineup baby

Exum/Trey or Cotton/Neto
Hood/Burks/Ingles
Antetokounpo
Favors/Booker
Gobert/Tomic

Look at that starting lineup baby

Only outside threat is Hood, those lanes would be clogged. Unless Giannis gets a lot better at shooting but right now he can only score on layups and dunks.

Cousins would immediately become the best player on our team by a fair margin. It also appears he is pleasable given how he dealt with Mike Malone. I would 100% make sure he's down to come here before trading for him though. It's probably likely he wouldn't want to share with Gobert and they both want to operate in the same space. There's a fair chance of recreating a Gasol/Noah problem.