What's new

A Carlos Boozer story you never knew

I take stories from when a +30 year old adult was 6 years old with a good dose of salt. I'm not really saying his friend wasn't killed, but the circumstances seem a bit questionable. A 6 year old crossed over someone old enough to drive, so 16+, so hard that the 16 year old fell over?
What makes you think he was old enough to drive?

The older kid got up, walked calmly back to his bike, brandished a small black handgun from the backpack hanging from the handlebars, and aimed it directly at Chris.

I watched in shock as the shooter got back on his bike and calmly pedaled away.

Who said the kid was 16? He was on a bicycle not a car or motorcycle like someone previously stated.
You can easily look up who said that in this thread. It's just a few posts ago. In fact I'm pretty sure you actually discussed the post that referred to the shooter being 16 already. Strange question to ask me.
I think it was a poster named sardines or something.

You can easily look up who said that in this thread. It's just a few posts ago. In fact I'm pretty sure you actually discussed the post that referred to the shooter being 16 already. Strange question to ask me.
Lmao no Fish, not you telling someone this.

Got to love the irony of a poster calling Boozer a liar then making up details to the story that don't exist

I guess I get why you can't believe anyone because you have short term memory loss and can't remember anything yourself

Got to love the irony of a poster calling Boozer a liar then making up details to the story that don't exist

I guess I get why you can't believe anyone because you have short term memory loss and can't remember anything yourself
I didn't call him a liar.

Lmao no Fish, not you telling someone this.
What do you mean. He asked who said that and I said sardines said it. Brother, the answer to the question is literally in my post. I also happened to provide where the answer could be found if my answer wasn't sufficient.

I was asking you who said that because he obviously wasn’t 16 yet you took what he said for face value and asked Cy a strange question about a 6-year old being better than a 16-year old at basketball.

I was asking you who said that because he obviously wasn’t 16 yet you took what he said for face value and asked Cy a strange question about a 6-year old being better than a 16-year old at basketball.
Yep. I often take what people say or post at face value.
My bad.
I asked cy the question because he responded to one of the strange things about the story and not the other strange things about the story that sardines posted about.

Now that is clear that the shooter was a little kid rather than a teenager I guess the story makes more sense or something.

Yep. I often take what people say or post at face value.
My bad.
I asked cy the question because he responded to one of the strange things about the story and not the other strange things about the story that sardines posted about.

Now that is clear that the shooter was a little kid rather than a teenager I guess the story makes more sense or something.

I mean it definitely does if the main reason it wasn’t making sense was because the kid was older (16 or so).

I mean it definitely does if the main reason it wasn’t making sense was because the kid was older (16 or so).
Still kinda strange that a little kid close to boozer age at the time (6) was packing heat and gangbanging but whatever. I don't really care about this.

Still kinda strange that a little kid close to boozer age at the time (6) was packing heat and gangbanging but whatever. I don't really care about this.
I've heard people sometimes take their 9-years-olds hunting, which would only be two years older than Boozer's friend.

I've heard people sometimes take their 9-years-olds hunting, which would only be two years older than Boozer's friend.
Do they take them hunting for 6 year old kids that embarrass them at basketball?

So not really the same thing as some kid who keeps his piece strapped to his BMX handlebars.

Do they take them hunting for 6 year old kids that embarrass them at basketball?

So not really the same thing as some kid who keeps his piece strapped to his BMX handlebars.
I don't understand your point. Any 9-year-old is different from any other 9-year-old. It's not unusual for a 9-year-old to be carrying a gun.

I don't understand your point. Any 9-year-old is different from any other 9-year-old. It's not unusual for a 9-year-old to be carrying a gun.
A parent taking their child hunting isn't different than a 9 year old having a gun on their bike?

You okay man?

Kind of a crazy story. No way to know the truth of it. I knew a 13 yo that brought a 45 to school. Another kid shot his toe in shop class with the 22 rifle stuffed down his levis in 7th grade. That was in UT.

I also remember visiting my grandparents in DC and playing ball with a random kid at the park. He claimed I should be careful playing as rough as I did. He also played super weird like karate chopped for steals lol.

Back to Booze. I guess if we don't believe him, is there other info on how he ended up in AK?

Sent from my SM-G996U using JazzFanz mobile app

Kind of a crazy story. No way to know the truth of it. I knew a 13 yo that brought a 45 to school. Another kid shot his toe in shop class with the 22 rifle stuffed down his levis in 7th grade. That was in UT.

I also remember visiting my grandparents in DC and playing ball with a random kid at the park. He claimed I should be careful playing as rough as I did. He also played super weird like karate chopped for steals lol.

Back to Booze. I guess if we don't believe him, is there other info on how he ended up in AK?

Sent from my SM-G996U using JazzFanz mobile app
I believe Boozer, while at the same time thinking that his memory from when he was 6 might not be 100% accurate. His parents moved to get away from their financial troubles and the violence of the most violent place in the U.S. at the time, including their son's best friend being killed in front of him.

Like do people think I'm saying that Boozer didn't have a friend who was killed? Do people think I'm saying that Boozer wasn't nearby at the time?

The number one thing I think is most questionable is a 6 year old doing a killer (no pun intended) crossover and being killed for that specific reason.

I don't doubt he was killed on a basketball court. I don't doubt that another under 18 year old killed him. I don't doubt that this was a reason that Boozer's family moved.

Do I have an obligation to take every single word Boozer wrote as iron clad fact? I don't think I do. That's not me calling him a liar.

I can tell stories from when I was 6. As far as I know they are 100% true. When I've told stories like this to people when my sister, 1 year older than me, is there she has often disputed my account. I have often disputed her account in the same way. Memories from childhood are affected by the fact that we often didn't have the context to fully understand those events and as we mature we continuously reshape those memories according to our gradual process of understanding the world we live in, the motivations of people outside ourselves, the addition of context in regard to things like the crime rate in DC in the late 80's (something I doubt a 6 year old would understand in any way other than this is the world they live in). As we age the world gets larger. Our place in the world gets smaller. A 6 year old doesn't understand all that and packs this memory away as best they can. As time goes on their memories get reshaped and reshaped again as they gain additional context.