What's new

A thread for the Conley haters

LoPo

In the three series we were eliminated, we had a better record when Conley didn't play than when he did play.

And check this out: we went 38-18 in the last 3 regular seasons when Mike Conley sat. https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/utah-jazz-record-without-conley-since-2020

This thread is a sick joke. Calvin Chappell must be his yard guy or something. Jae Crowder would have helped us more the last 3 postseasons than Mike Conley did.

Saint Cy of JFC

Do y'all think Lopo has alerts setup on his phone for whenever anyone talks positively about Mike Conley or says anything remotely critical of PrimaDonovan?

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
In the three series we were eliminated, we had a better record when Conley didn't play than when he did play.

And check this out: we went 38-18 in the last 3 regular seasons when Mike Conley sat. https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/utah-jazz-record-without-conley-since-2020

This thread is a sick joke. Calvin Chappell must be his yard guy or something. Jae Crowder would have helped us more the last 3 postseasons than Mike Conley did.

We are 22-15 without Mitchell and guess what 20-28 without Gobert in that same time frame.

Clown.

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
Not to mention Donovan has had a negative On/Off rating for the past 3 seasons.

Gobert has never had a negative on/off his entire career.

Donovan was -1.1 this year and -5.9 last year.

Gobert was +6.3 this year and +14.6 last year.

Conley was +4.4 this year and +11.9 last year.

The real problem is definitely Conley and Gobert though am I right?

TheGoldStandard

2022 Prediction Contest Winner
I don't hate Conley. I just hate that we traded for him for too much value and using up a lot of cap to do it.

I have watched Memphis a lot, and the Mike we have seen has largely been consistent with his prior play. He had one really good playoff series, and then we traded for him (Mem traded him on a high). I like him as a player, he seems like a good locker room guy, and is composed on the court. However, I'd like to see more passion out of a player. IIRC, he has never had a technical in his career, which is kind of crazy. We need more leadership, passion and fire on the court, and he isn't the recipe for it.

I'm not a huge Crowder fan as I think he is too inconsistent, but we made the same mistake (on a smaller scale) that Ainge made with Boston. Trading away players with intensity and fire, taking away the teams heart and tenacity. Worse, we shrunk our backcourt in a league where size matters.

SoberasHotRod

Gobert has never had a negative on/off his entire career.

Donovan was -1.1 this year and -5.9 last year.

Gobert was +6.3 this year and +14.6 last year.

Conley was +4.4 this year and +11.9 last year.

The real problem is definitely Conley and Gobert though am I right?
To be fair, a lot of this is because Gobert and Conley play a significant amount of minutes vs 2nd units.

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
I don't hate Conley. I just hate that we traded for him for too much value and using up a lot of cap to do it.

I have watched Memphis a lot, and the Mike we have seen has largely been consistent with his prior play. He had one really good playoff series, and then we traded for him (Mem traded him on a high). I like him as a player, he seems like a good locker room guy, and is composed on the court. However, I'd like to see more passion out of a player. IIRC, he has never had a technical in his career, which is kind of crazy. We need more leadership, passion and fire on the court, and he isn't the recipe for it.

I'm not a huge Crowder fan as I think he is too inconsistent, but we made the same mistake (on a smaller scale) that Ainge made with Boston. Trading away players with intensity and fire, taking away the teams heart and tenacity. Worse, we shrunk our backcourt in a league where size matters.

The biggest mistake of the Conley deal was not trading for him at the years prior trade deadline.

Agent#00

expectations was just too high when we traded for Mike. media labelled us championship bound after this. reality is we are just an average team with him and I think well do just fine without him