What's new

Aaron Gordon to Utah Jazz - Chad Ford

"If they stay at No. 5, their top two targets -- Exum and Vonleh -- are off the board. From what I can gather the next player on the list for the Jazz is Gordon."

So hes got the Jazz taking Gordon over Embiid.

Marcus 'Not So' Smart slipping HARD.... could have gone top #3 last year, instead he's now projected to go #8 - wasted a whole year & millions in the process.

#NotSoSmart

If they draft Gordon, any hopes of trading up for Jabari or Wiggins is officially dead. Just letting everyone know.

So the question might become----do you take Gordon or Embiid ? Both have risk and reward.

I'm okay with Gordon if Exum and Vonleh are off the board. I'm hoping someone still takes Embiid and either Smart or Randle (the guy no one is talking about) gets into the mix.

So the question might become----do you take Gordon or Embiid ? Both have risk and reward.

I'm okay with Gordon if Exum and Vonleh are off the board. I'm hoping someone still takes Embiid and either Smart or Randle (the guy no one is talking about) gets into the mix.

For good reason...

Embiid. If Embiid has a 10% chance of being a top 5-10 player and being the best player on a championship team, that's 10% more of a chance than Gordon.

Embiid is also bait to trade up. I think the Cavs still want him but they could use someone to play right away and be a fallback. A defensive big with upside. Someone like Derrick Favors maybe.

Embiid. If Embiid has a 10% chance of being a top 5-10 player and being the best player on a championship team, that's 10% more of a chance than Gordon.

Embiid is also bait to trade up. I think the Cavs still want him but they could use someone to play right away and be a fallback. A defensive big with upside. Someone like Derrick Favors maybe.

You do that deal before you pick Embiid though, you don't pick him thinking he'll become the bait.

If there's no deal on the table, and you don't like his injury, then you've gotta take someone else.

My first reaction was that he was just basing it on Gordon having a second workout with the Jazz, but it sounds like he actually has some inside knowledge ("team is convinced that he could have an Andrei Kirilenko-like effect on the team"). Either that or he made it up.

My first reaction was that he was just basing it on Gordon having a second workout with the Jazz, but it sounds like he actually has some inside knowledge ("team is convinced that he could have an Andrei Kirilenko-like effect on the team"). Either that or he made it up.

Nah he doesn't make stuff up. He sources seems pretty legit.

Make it happen cappin' Lindsey.

5ehydume.jpg

You do that deal before you pick Embiid though, you don't pick him thinking he'll become the bait.

If there's no deal on the table, and you don't like his injury, then you've gotta take someone else.
What, because the Jazz need another guy for us to say "If ____ would just _____ then he'd be just so dreamy!"?

Maybe I'm just being impatient, but a team of a bunch of nice role players and some pieces that don't quite fit doesn't excite me. Crack that ****ing bat.

So now Vonleh isn't even expected to be there at 5. Hmm.

Not sure why it's a "hmmm." For weeks, it's been a top-3 of Wiggins, Parker and Embiid. Exum had been a bit of an unknown, so based on measurements and his post-combine workout, Vonleh was getting mentioned as a possible top-4 pick. If the foot injury to Embiid drops him out of the top-4, then it's natural to assume Wiggins and Parker are the top 2 and Exum and Vonleh may be the next two. But some teams MIGHT prefer Smart or Gordon. And a lot of it is "gamesmanship." Orlando hears we tried to sneak Gordon in for a 2nd workout, so now they say they want him at #4, hoping the Jazz will panic and trade up a spot.

What, because the Jazz need another guy for us to say "If ____ would just _____ then he'd be just so dreamy!"?

Maybe I'm just being impatient, but a team of a bunch of nice role players and some pieces that don't quite fit doesn't excite me. Crack that ****ing bat.

Bro.. you don't own the team.. if Greg doesn't like the risk then he won't pull the trigger. Nothing you can say or do matters.