What's new

After years of hearing about the chuck-a-rama I decided to try it for lunch yesterday

They keep changing hands. My favorite one is in Roy. The Rancheritos there is awesome. I love their carne asada burrito with plenty of jalapenos and carrots on the side.

Everyone loves that location over 36th and Washington.

I like neither, since cheap Mexican wreaks havoc on my intestines.

Everyone loves that location over 36th and Washington.

I like neither, since cheap Mexican wreaks havoc on my intestines.

Yeah, but it's a lot like crack. Bad for you, makes you feel like crap an hour later, but oh so freaking good at the moment. Their pickled jalapenos and carrots are so good I could just keep eating them, but boy do I pay for it later.

That explains the "burritos" and "enchiladas."

After seeing the video of some guy gorging himself on fried whitefish, I dare not. Given my opinion that some patrons neck fat there looked like gills that experience probably borders too close to cannibalism for my tastes.

Besides, I went back to Phoenix last night so I won't even be tempted.

As long as I'm opining on Utah's food:

Here in Arizona there's a very prominent chain of taquerias called Filibertos. They're not particularly good but Filly-B's is the gold standard for drunk food and/or completely cheap Mexican. They are so well-known locally that there's a huge variety of Filiberto's knockoffs that have all stolen Filiberto's general menu, color scheme, naming convention, and get very close approximations of the logo. Off the top of my head, here in town I have seen Eriberto's, Juliobertos, Aliberto's, Fujiberto's, Poliberto's, Adiberto's, and Loberto's. Many of these restaurants go extreme lengths to get that first letter to look as much like an F as possible so that drunk people will think they're going to Filiberto's. It's gotten so bad, that the Filiberto's bags now come with the statement "Don't be Fooled, There's Only One."

I assumed this was a local thing only as I've lived in many other places around the United States and never seen an imitator outside of Arizona. Sure enough, driving through Brigham City, Utah I find "Floriberto's" complete with the same font and color scheme. My heart was vaguely warmed.

Have you ever eaten at Baja Fresh? There were a couple of them in the Phoenix area when I was down there a few years ago. Don't get fancy and just try a chicken Baja burrito. Do not get it smothered style. They have some wonderful salsas as well.

Yeah, but it's a lot like crack. Bad for you, makes you feel like crap an hour later, but oh so freaking good at the moment. Their pickled jalapenos and carrots are so good I could just keep eating them, but boy do I pay for it later.

how often do u do the crack? this explains a lot, tbh.

Reading the thread title I'm wondering what it was SKA had heard about Chuck-A-Rama over the years. I've heard stuff, none of it particularly good.

I think kicky is just a run-of-the-mill elitist. Nothing more/less.

High-ticket-billing-lawyer. (/)

chuck-a-rama? How'd you get reservations?

Sounds like a small-town festival from the 1800's