What's new

After years of hearing about the chuck-a-rama I decided to try it for lunch yesterday

Yes. Butt hurt much. Indeed. You sure got me on that one. You have been trained well by your sensei. Slobbing that nob has paid off apparently.

That explains the "burritos" and "enchiladas."

I dare you to go back for Seafood night tonight:

https://www.chuck-a-rama.com/menu/menus.php?day=Friday

After seeing the video of some guy gorging himself on fried whitefish, I dare not. Given my opinion that some patrons neck fat there looked like gills that experience probably borders too close to cannibalism for my tastes.

Besides, I went back to Phoenix last night so I won't even be tempted.

As long as I'm opining on Utah's food:

Here in Arizona there's a very prominent chain of taquerias called Filibertos. They're not particularly good but Filly-B's is the gold standard for drunk food and/or completely cheap Mexican. They are so well-known locally that there's a huge variety of Filiberto's knockoffs that have all stolen Filiberto's general menu, color scheme, naming convention, and get very close approximations of the logo. Off the top of my head, here in town I have seen Eriberto's, Juliobertos, Aliberto's, Fujiberto's, Poliberto's, Adiberto's, and Loberto's. Many of these restaurants go extreme lengths to get that first letter to look as much like an F as possible so that drunk people will think they're going to Filiberto's. It's gotten so bad, that the Filiberto's bags now come with the statement "Don't be Fooled, There's Only One."

I assumed this was a local thing only as I've lived in many other places around the United States and never seen an imitator outside of Arizona. Sure enough, driving through Brigham City, Utah I find "Floriberto's" complete with the same font and color scheme. My heart was vaguely warmed.

Making me miss rancheritos.

D bag move. Having worked in restaurant myself, you recognize your clientele. Luckily, I've worked in some pretty good restaurants. I could never work at crap o rama. So yes, it would appear as if you were piling on. Then again, does anyone really read the suggestion box? I suspect they have to read their suggestion box since 1999.... Anyone else remember that office episode?

LLOL not a single person working at that restaurant gives a **** about Chuck o rama.

They want to go to work, not have anything ****ty happen to them, put in their hours, and go home.

Not gonna be a lot of people sad that some dude likes Sizzler better lol.

LLOL not a single person working at that restaurant gives a **** about Chuck o rama.

They want to go to work, not have anything ****ty happen to them, put in their hours, and go home.

Not gonna be a lot of people sad that some dude likes Sizzler better lol.
as someone who worked there for a couple of years, this is pretty true.

That explains the "burritos" and "enchiladas."

After seeing the video of some guy gorging himself on fried whitefish, I dare not. Given my opinion that some patrons neck fat there looked like gills that experience probably borders too close to cannibalism for my tastes.

Besides, I went back to Phoenix last night so I won't even be tempted.

As long as I'm opining on Utah's food:

Here in Arizona there's a very prominent chain of taquerias called Filibertos. They're not particularly good but Filly-B's is the gold standard for drunk food and/or completely cheap Mexican. They are so well-known locally that there's a huge variety of Filiberto's knockoffs that have all stolen Filiberto's general menu, color scheme, naming convention, and get very close approximations of the logo. Off the top of my head, here in town I have seen Eriberto's, Juliobertos, Aliberto's, Fujiberto's, Poliberto's, Adiberto's, and Loberto's. Many of these restaurants go extreme lengths to get that first letter to look as much like an F as possible so that drunk people will think they're going to Filiberto's. It's gotten so bad, that the Filiberto's bags now come with the statement "Don't be Fooled, There's Only One."

I assumed this was a local thing only as I've lived in many other places around the United States and never seen an imitator outside of Arizona. Sure enough, driving through Brigham City, Utah I find "Floriberto's" complete with the same font and color scheme. My heart was vaguely warmed.

We've had Betos and Rancharitos in Utah for a while now and there are a number of clones of them as well. I'm guessing they're along the same line as the place you've got in Arizona. Open 24/7/365, salsa bar, super greasy food, carne asada fries. Sound about right?

Lol. I ate at betos today. Had me a chicken California grease filled burrito. It was delicious. Way better than chuck up O Rama.

Most of the betos in Utah used to be Alberto's I think, and all the crappy Mexican restaurants would get names like roybertos, adalbertos, etc, to try and sound like Alberto's.

Lol. I ate at betos today. Had me a chicken California grease filled burrito. It was delicious. Way better than chuck up O Rama.

Most of the betos in Utah used to be Alberto's I think, and all the crappy Mexican restaurants would get names like roybertos, adalbertos, etc, to try and sound like Alberto's.

Most of the betos are now rancheritos too. I think they only kept a handful as betos, only 2 locations I can think of one in ogden.

Most of the betos are now rancheritos too. I think they only kept a handful as betos, only 2 locations I can think of one in ogden.

The one I went to was in bountiful. A lot of them are called mezquite grill now.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

The one I went to was in bountiful. A lot of them are called mezquite grill now.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

They keep changing hands. My favorite one is in Roy. The Rancheritos there is awesome. I love their carne asada burrito with plenty of jalapenos and carrots on the side.

Still got a betos in kearns iirc

What Betos should really change its name to is Leftovers. That's what that **** tastes like. I'm pretty sure that's what happens. The employees bring their personal leftovers from home each day into a central fridge at the restaurante, you order your burrito, and then Paco goes into the back and loads Juanita's leftovers from last Tuesday's dinner onto a tortilla, wraps it up, and calls it a breakfast burrito when he hands it to you.