What's new

AK Sucks in Olympics Operner Vs. GB -- only scores 35

Im sorry but -50 interwebz to ak lovers for actually using this to back him up. NO **** he can play well in europe!!! been proven for ever. I dont think even the biggest hater has said he cant play well in europe against weakass euros... I didnt realise britain had a bball team really. Is their tallest guy 6 foot? Ok, sorry I wont beat him down for doing well against a crap team, but you shouldnt prop him up for it either.

He is what he is, a very, very talented guy who plays well or even great when he is the best one out there, but shrinks when faced with team mates and opponents who are his equal. As long as he is the best on the court, its all good. In the NBA that is never, anymore.

Im sorry but -50 interwebz to ak lovers for actually using this to back him up. NO **** he can play well in europe!!! been proven for ever. I dont think even the biggest hater has said he cant play well in europe against weakass euros... I didnt realise britain had a bball team really. Is their tallest guy 6 foot? Ok, sorry I wont beat him down for doing well against a crap team, but you shouldnt prop him up for it either.

He is what he is, a very, very talented guy who plays well or even great when he is the best one out there, but shrinks when faced with team mates and opponents who are his equal. As long as he is the best on the court, its all good. In the NBA that is never, anymore.

I can't really argue with this, and we shouldn't try. Considering he'll be the third best player on the T'Pups this year(behind Love and Rubio), I don't know what to expect. However, I'm still sure they overpaid him.

Buh-buh-buh... that was the summer Ben n Jerrys discontinued his favorite flavor of ice cream! He was a delicate talent... he needed to be nurtured! How could he be expected to perform without every single possible thing in his life and situation being perfect? I mean if Ben n Jerrys wasn't gonna give him the ice cream flavor he wanted, how could he be expected to accept things and buy in?

I'm always interested in deeper data where available, so I compiled a list of all Ben & Jerry's flavors which were discontinued in 2004:

Chocolate Carb Karma
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Light
Chocolate Chocolate Cookie
Chocolate Mint & Cookies Light
Gingerbread Cookie
Half Baked Carb Karma
Jerry Sloan
Makin' Whoopie Pie
New York Super Fudge Chunk No Sugar
Strawberry No Sugar
Vanilla Light
Vanilla Swiss Almond Carb Karma

We can't be certain if it was any one of these in particular or if it was a combination of the above that demotivated AK.

Dalamon, why are you making such a substanceless post and acting like a member of a flock of sheep to join the haters?

Dalamon, why are you making such a substanceless post and acting like a member of a flock of sheep to join the haters?

Wouldn't say that I'm joining 'the haters' per-se, I'm just amused by the fact that some people wanted our team to run an offense through a player that hasn't even cracked 32 points a single time in his entire career.

You can't seriously be saying that AK was a better offensive threat then Boozer? Boozer was a better shooter from midrange better slasher, and finisher, and didn't get the ball striped every time he went inside. AK was a better playmaker, but with a stud like Deron running point as one of the best playmakers in the league, the jazz just didn't need that as much from AK.

Instead of crying every other game about his touches or lack there of, he should've kept quiet, and stayed a team player, giving the jazz what they needed, which was hustle and great defense like he did before he got paid. It's not hard to see how and why AK grew out of favor with Sloan, and D-Will. They grew tired of his me first personality that he evolved into.

What people are not also factoring in, is the composition of the Jazz team. What does KOC do, he puts Okur and Boozer together. Nice players alone with a player that complements them at PF or C, and then he drafts Ronnie Brewer, a guy who can't shoot and matches him AK, another guy who can't shoot. So RB is taking away all those backdoor dunks that AK makes with his Russian team. You have two bigs who are good offensive players but can't protect the paint and two wings who aren't shooters. All four are good players but they don't complement each other, and with AK also being frozen out of the offense, he isn't producing the numbers he was. That's why Harpring was actually a better fit offensively even in his later days with his injuries, because he could knock down the mid-range j.

How many NBA dudes on GB's team? When did they become a powerhouse?

When the UofU could beat most of these international teams, don't even bother talking up AK47's stats.

Just what did he do in his last 5 years in the NBA?

Sample size and competition is everything.

Yep. No thanks. Bye bye AK

Hayward >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AK47.

Hell, I'll even go for this...

Hayward > M. Williams
M. Williams > P. Millsap (at the 3)
P. Millsap > AK47

=

We really don't need AK... And he's not even that good.

For every "good thing" he does that doesn't show up in the box score, he does about 10 other "bad things" that don't show up either. His inability to shoot, his wussiness, his complaining, his lack of having one offensive move, his gambling on defense (which leads to easy points), etc.

I thought write4u was going to leave this board forever... like 5 times before?

Wasn't he/she?

Why threaten to leave, declare your jazzfanz.com retirement, to only come back a few months later?

How many NBA dudes on GB's team? When did they become a powerhouse?

When the UofU could beat most of these international teams, don't even bother talking up AK47's stats.

Just what did he do in his last 5 years in the NBA?

Sample size and competition is everything.

Yep. No thanks. Bye bye AK

Hayward >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AK47.

Hell, I'll even go for this...

Hayward > M. Williams
M. Williams > P. Millsap (at the 3)
P. Millsap > AK47

=

We really don't need AK... And he's not even that good.

For every "good thing" he does that doesn't show up in the box score, he does about 10 other "bad things" that don't show up either. His inability to shoot, his wussiness, his complaining, his lack of having one offensive move, his gambling on defense (which leads to easy points), etc.

You made yourself even bigger idiot then before. Just for you if you missed it - BYU played Greece last year and lost by 50 points. None of the NCAA team would beat any of these top international teams, it would not be even close.
Hayward and M.Williams will never ever be better then AK. Get of the mushrooms:)

What people are not also factoring in, is the composition of the Jazz team. What does KOC do, he puts Okur and Boozer together. Nice players alone with a player that complements them at PF or C, and then he drafts Ronnie Brewer, a guy who can't shoot and matches him AK, another guy who can't shoot. So RB is taking away all those backdoor dunks that AK makes with his Russian team. You have two bigs who are good offensive players but can't protect the paint and two wings who aren't shooters. All four are good players but they don't complement each other, and with AK also being frozen out of the offense, he isn't producing the numbers he was. That's why Harpring was actually a better fit offensively even in his later days with his injuries, because he could knock down the mid-range j.

Do you see a problem here? Ronnie freaking Brewer is taking away AK's touches because he's a better finisher. Finishing in some Russian league is a lot easier to do then in the NBA. Brewer was better then AK at the backdoor cut for a dunk. AK is the best player on his national team playing against weaker competition, so obviously he's going to put up better numbers. Sloan called less plays for AK because there were other players more consistent at scoring. Sloan did what was best for the team. The team needed him to play defense play backup playmaker to Deron, and make hustle plays. AK's minutes decreased because he stoped doing those things because he was crying about his damned touches he wasn't getting! If you don't remember after AK cried Sloan tried to call more plays for him, but he couldn't finish like the other players, and after he gave AK more touches he still didn't play like he did before.

Bottom line is AK became a me first player, and allowed an idiot like Mark Jackson to manipulate, and turn him against a player beloved of jazz nation that there's a statue of the guy outside ESA. AK was weak minded who refused to work hard. It's not Sloans fault, it's not Deron's fault, it's not Boozers fault, hell you even blamed KOC.

The online who is at fault for AK's drop in production and minutes is AK.

End of discussion!

You made yourself even bigger idiot then before. Just for you if you missed it - BYU played Greece last year and lost by 50 points. None of the NCAA team would beat any of these top international teams, it would not be even close.
Hayward and M.Williams will never ever be better then AK. Get of the mushrooms:)

There's no reasoning with these guys, AKMVP. I started this thread to taunt them so they could show how ignorant they are, and sure enough, their stupidity came flowing out like lava from a volcano.

Oh, and Dalamon, running the offense through AK was to take advantage of his passing ability and playmaking. I'll never forget one of his best games against the Lakers when Boozer and Okur were out because of injuries and the Jazz won with Fess playing center. He had 21 points, 11 rebounds, 11 assists, 3 steals and 3 rebounds -- Deron had 37 points benefiting from a lot of assists from AK -- and the Jazz won, and I even think it was in LA!

There's no reasoning with these guys, AKMVP. I started this thread to taunt them so they could show how ignorant they are, and sure enough, their stupidity came flowing out like lava from a volcano.

Oh, and Dalamon, running the offense through AK was to take advantage of his passing ability and playmaking. I'll never forget one of his best games against the Lakers when Boozer and Okur were out because of injuries and the Jazz won with Fess playing center. He had 21 points, 11 rebounds, 11 assists, 3 steals and 3 rebounds -- Deron had 37 points benefiting from a lot of assists from AK -- and the Jazz won, and I even think it was in LA!

Thanks for proving my one and only point.

I never said AK wasn't talented or that he couldn't ball. My point is he was weak minded couldn't cope with adversity. Note all the tears through the years from AK. Every year he'd have a handful of games where he was the AK of old, but those games were few and far apart, because he didn't have the commitment to be great because he was too busy listening to all the Mark Jacksons of the world, telling him he was more important then the team as a hole. Maybe he wouldn't have been planing his vacation during the western conference finals, in which AK was missing in action.

/thread

I never said AK wasn't talented or that he couldn't ball. My point is he was weak minded couldn't cope with adversity. Note all the tears through the years from AK. Every year he'd have a handful of games where he was the AK of old, but those games were few and far apart, because he didn't have the commitment to be great because he was too busy listening to all the Mark Jacksons of the world, telling him he was more important then the team as a hole. Maybe he wouldn't have been planing his vacation during the western conference finals, in which AK was missing in action.

Your point is a misinterpretation. AK's strength was as a team player. That's what he always has been, playing for the good of the Jazz and his Russian teams, for the win. You ever see AK take it on his own on a break -- no he always passes off to the player with the easiest shot. AK's strength is as a facilitator, making the other guys better. That's why he had such great +/- stats over the years, why he was the first or second most important player on the Jazz during the best of Deron's years, 2008-2010. Another boardmember posted the stat. He was number 2 in 2008 and 2010, and number 1 in 2009, and those were his bad years, that everyone talks about on here.

That was why I liked him as a player; he played for the team. But he got taken out of the offense and couldn't contribute, that's when the dam broke loose. There's no doubt in my mind that Jerry and Deron led to the decline of AK. Ok, so people are right when they say he was weak-minded and wasn't able to deal with it. But don't put all the blame on him, and don't say he can't still play at a high level. His play on the Russian team this year, MVP of Euroleague and in Olympics is proof to the contrary.

I remember that great lie he told Sloan and KOC...that he had a visa appt he couldn't miss. Everyone thought it was his visa to stay in the U.S., when actually it was a visa for his summer vacation. Yep, AK was a real "team player." Missed a practice during the playoffs so he could work on his off-season plans, not to mention the fatigue you experience from an early-morning, then evening flight to make it back.