What's new

Alec Burks not following the Quin Synder system

False premise?

Playing within a structured offense has always been a ? for Burks. I agree with a lot of people that Quin's system should help Burks, but it will probably take him a little bit longer than anyone else to fully grasp how to play within it in a way that helps the improve everyone else on the court.

Pretty sure Rigby wasn't calling for Burks head or anything just because he has trouble staying within a brand new offense, he was just making an observation.

Right, and my point is that based on the way Snyder is playing Burks and the fact that Snyder has never even implied it might be true that Burks is going outside the offense, I have to conclude Rigby has no clue what the hell he's talking about. Either that or Snyder actually wants Burks to be rogue and by not following the offense, Burks is actually doing what his coach wants him to do.

Right, and my point is that based on the way Snyder is playing Burks and the fact that Snyder has never even implied it might be true that Burks is going outside the offense, I have to conclude Rigby has no clue what the hell he's talking about. Either that or Snyder actually wants Burks to be rogue and by not following the offense, Burks is actually doing what his coach wants him to do.

Snyder has said multiple times that he isn't going to bench players just for making simple mistakes. I don't think anyone expects anyone on the team to have the system fully down yet. It can very well be a fact that Burks broke the offense multiple times in the 1st game, and Quin still played him.

Hasn't Burks been one of the more outspoken advocates of the new system?

Who says Burks wasn't reprimanded? Maybe Quinn sees his "rogue" behavior as a teaching opportunity, and chooses to take advantage of it not by sitting him, but by discussing things privately and in practice.

Already mentioned, but... Alec is arguably the best iso player on the team, so why wouldn't Quinn take advantage of this by allowing him free reign when plays are broken, when the clock has ticked down, etc.?

Who has ever taken anything Randy Rigby has had to say seriously... until now?

I kinda like "Rogue" as a nickname for Burks. Anybody?

Hasn't Burks been one of the more outspoken advocates of the new system?

Who says Burks wasn't reprimanded? Maybe Quinn sees his "rogue" behavior as a teaching opportunity, and chooses to take advantage of it not by sitting him, but by discussing things privately and in practice.

Already mentioned, but... Alec is arguably the best iso player on the team, so why wouldn't Quinn take advantage of this by allowing him free reign when plays are broken, when the clock has ticked down, etc.?

Who has ever taken anything Randy Rigby has had to say seriously... until now?

I kinda like "Rogue" as a nickname for Burks. Anybody?

Sorry, but when you say that name all I can see is a gap toothed Anna Paquin with a white streak. No thanks.

Looks like he's playing the QSS Express to me:

1a2214bf8ee86bc37d45a4c268313e4c.gif

but it will probably take him a little bit longer than anyone else to fully grasp how to play within it in a way that helps the improve everyone else on the court.

So far he has played more minutes than anyone on the team, the jazz have won both games, Burks has arguably looked better than anyone on the team, and his teammates have not suffered at all (they are all playing well also)

So far so good imo.

Tbh no one should be complaining about any of the jazz starters yet this year.

My bad, I forgot being even slightly critical of anything about Alec Burks automatically means I'm complaining and hate Burks.

Everyone is right, Alec isn't following Quin's system. His hair looks nothing like Quin's. Thanks, I'll be here all week, try the veal.

1. It's that ability that makes Alec a perfect 6th man and safety valve (late shot clock, broken play, etc.).

2. With that said, it's still Alec's ability to play off-ball in half court sets that will determine his viability as a starter, as I don't think he's all that great initiating halfcourt offense. His improved spot-up shooting last season, and his use of a screen for a dunk last night, show that he's getting better off-ball.

My bad, I forgot being even slightly critical of anything about Alec Burks automatically means I'm complaining and hate Burks.
Someone said you hate Burks?

Tell me who and I will get in on dat neg train bro