What's new

Alex Jones and Social Media Censorship

A few things here..

Im sure you all would agree that anti-discrimination laws are a good thing right? We dont like when businesses discriminate against certain people right?

I'm much more sensitive to discrimination against socially disadvantaged/oppressed groups, people who suffer from medical conditions, etc. However, I have no problem with private companies discriminating against people who yell at you with no provocation, or carry weaponry, or various other behaviors.

Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter are all monopolies right? Do we all agree with that? Im sure we all do because its not even an argument. Are we now ok with monopolies?

The very existence of Gab says otherwise.

Further, historically, the problem with monopolies was the price controls. They would use their power to raise prices beyond what a competitive market would bear. By contrast, Facebook/Youtube/Twitter/etc. are all free. The problems I have with them are of a very different sort.

Can we agree that these big tech companies have become a piblic square of sorts now? Because they kind of have.

Traditionally, a public square is a place owned by and controlled by the government. You're not advocating for a government takeover of Facebook/Youtube/Twitter/etc., right? Neither am I.

Are the companies publishers or platforms? That's something that needs to be sorted out.
https://www.city-journal.org/html/platform-or-publisher-15888.html

The second paragraph of your link is based on a false assumption. As Twitter, et. al., has been quite clear about, they ban based on violations of terms of service, not on political opinions.

These are complicated issues. Its not as cut and dry as go get your own big tech company if you dont like it. You guys just dont care now because its working in your favor or to your liking. Thats a bad idea to be ok with such things.

You mean, the way you only care about people being shut down when you (falsely) believe it affects your side more than others?

People want to make the case that Alex Jones is getting crazy people to harrass Sandy Hook families. Well its just as easy to argue that "sensationalism" news outlets like CNN are creating riots in the streets by stirring up emotions in crazy people. None of you seem to care about that. Why are they allowed to do that?

Comparing the type of sensationalism on CNN to that on Jones is simply silly. CNN does not invent conspiracies out of nothing. If anything, they are an administration puppet.

If you nutcake InfoWar people want to listen to your scumbag echo chamber, create your own Facebook or twitter. And with that platform you can create your own set of rules and guidelines. It’s still a free country!

The first amendment is still applicable here. Facebook and twitter have a right to set their rules. If you violate their rules and become banned, that’s fine. You can create your own social media platform. The first amendment doesn’t give you immunity from consequences of violating Facebook’s and Twitter’s rules.

Go ahead @babe and @hack create your own twitterverse. If you nutcakes think your views are so popular, create your own platform and become a billionaire, like Zuckerberg. What better way to get back at that leftist commie millennial PC meanie head? Get off your lazy asses, stop bitching, put your superior race into action, and be the solution.

You can call your platform after something representative of you. Here are some ideas:“The Stormer”, “Nazi Book”, “Deplorables R Us”, “Butthurt Morons Jealous of AOC”, “Sexually Frustrated White Dudes Living in their Parent’s Basement”, “Desperate for Attention,” “Dreamin of a 3some with Pepe and Cassandra Fairbanks”, or “Twits.”

You’ll be rich in no time and you won’t have to be bothered with any leftist commies! Yay!

The Word On the Street now is Instagram, Facebook is in a nose dive.

Megaplatforms operate on legal terms of being platforms, not advocacy sites, and have a legal duty to not discriminate without legal basis. I think anyone who says they want to shoot or kill a President should be permanently banned from any public forum. Some things really shouldn't be tolerated.

But if a megapublic forum wants to rule out certain more or less common political views, or responsible but rare sorts of views, they need to advertise their advocacy limits and be ruled by PAC sorts of laws, where they are indeed liable if they tolerate illegal things.

Gab is on the ropes. It's not even a function site right now.

It looks like there have been serious problems, more than just a bad press or user criticisms.

genuine publicly unacceptable stuff.

Gab is on the ropes. It's not even a function site right now.

It looks like there have been serious problems, more than just a bad press or user criticisms.

genuine publicly unacceptable stuff.

That's what happens when you allow people to say almost anything. That's what you want, right? To turn Twitter into Gab?

That's what happens when you allow people to say almost anything. That's what you want, right? To turn Twitter into Gab?

It’s almost as if creating a social media platform without any rules or behavioral standards, allowing anyone to post whatever racist or disgusting thing they want, is a bad business model? Crazy I know!

Seems like they just answered their own question as to why Facebook and twitter are banning the worst offenders of their rules and standards. The Trumpers on this board cannot help #owningthemselves

It’s almost as if creating a social media platform without any rules or behavioral standards, allowing anyone to post whatever racist or disgusting thing they want, is a bad business model? Crazy I know!

Seems like they just answered their own question as to why Facebook and twitter are banning the worst offenders of their rules and standards. The Trumpers on this board cannot help #owningthemselves

Discovery of 4Chan: "And finally I had found it... the last bastion of free speech on the internet. I was home. Free at last!"

*48 hours later*: "A grave mistake has been made. I find myself surrounded by aryans, proud boys, black supremacists, pedophiles, furries, weeboo's and incels all too happy inciting violence in their communities. No wonder half the population left for Reddit."

I’m sure all of the pro free speech Trump people who whine about being deplatformed will be angry at Trump Over this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...hy-its-social-media-summit-doesnt-make-sense/

the White House invited a number of friendly social-media users and provocateurs in order to “engage directly” with those who’ve been the focus of bias on social-media networks. The invitations included ones to O’Keefe from Project Veritas and Twitter user @CarpeDonktum, whose pro-Trump videos and animations have been repeatedly shared by the president.

They also included cartoonist Ben Garrison, whose cartoons of a buff Trump conquering his various enemies are popular... Garrison tweeted a picture of his invite.

In short order, some of Garrison’s past cartoons resurfaced. One in which he promoted the QAnon conspiracy theory, for example, or one in which he bought into conspiracy theories surrounding the shooting death of a Democratic National Committee staffer in 2016.

A cartoon in which Garrison drew national security staffers controlled by both George Soros and a family that’s long been a centerpiece of anti-Semitic conspiracy theories quickly made the cartoonist’s invitation a focus of criticism...

On Wednesday morning, an update from the White House: Garrison was no longer invited to the social media summit.

Isn’t it awful that Trump is deplatforming conservative cartoonists? What about freedom? What about the first amendment?

nah, not really.

what I want is more intelligent discussion.

really.

I just don't see how we can do that with complete social unanimity.

I’m sure all of the pro free speech Trump people who whine about being deplatformed will be angry at Trump Over this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...hy-its-social-media-summit-doesnt-make-sense/

Isn’t it awful that Trump is deplatforming conservative cartoonists? What about freedom? What about the first amendment?

everybody has to be selective for good reasons, or bad.

Trump is being forced into "The Mormon Paradox", as I term it. What started out with Joseph Smith rather confidently, and brashly, issuing many simple declarative "truths", ended with his desperate demolition of The Nauvoo Expositor. And with the trek to Utah, Brigham Young continued the brash swashbuckling exposition of novel doctrine and lifestyle, only, eventually, bringing the LDS into compliance with progressive political agendas.... joining the World Council of Churches, issuing tedious scholarly doctrinal retractions trying to convert Mormonism into palatable modern fashion....

Anyone going out to do battle with "Progress" is going to have to, eventually, prove themselves compliant in fundamental ways.

Because the established power is real, and will assert itself to ward off the challengers so far as possible.

And because, fundamentally, people don't want to change. The progressive movement has used a reliable tactic of gradualism for over a hundred and fifty years, punctuated with some world wars and whatnot.

The Big Oil World is now trying to do a controlled transition, a major manipulation of human society. But the pushers have lost their way and have been panicked into triggering human resistance. But fundamentally, the mistake is staking their all on patent, obvious, nonsense. Nonsense that people will not accept, except for the ideologically committed who are reflexively just not thinking it all through.....

I think a lot of "Alex Joneses" are forming up in a pretty formidable line of resistance. America is not going to accept Chinese cultural norms for compliance and control, be they old-fashioned warlord tyrants or communist ideologues turned Confucian gurus, like Xi Jinpeng. In the old days of China, even Emperors had to conform to their own bureaucracies, sooner or later. And the bureaucrats somehow always manage to tie themselves up best of all.

nah. The way to prosper in America is to be American.

If you really want to run a platform people will use, you have to let the crazies rant right along with the progressives. There is, after all, little difference in the intelligence professed......

Under the current rules, there is no complete social unanimity on Twitter nor Facebook. Variant opinions abound.

well, then, let's call it tolerable progressive-conforming variants of opinion, the things globalists can bear to talk about amongst themselves in their cloistered platforms which would be defiled, socially speaking, by the ordinary redneck American driveling on and on about the Constitution......

The hard fact of life, which all progressives must ultimately face, is that when the hard flint-faced Ogre of Real Power confronts you, you will all just squirm and mind your manners.... for the sake of survival.

Because your idealism creates a kind of Power that is fundamentally unaccountable to human reason..... Government.

Americans invented or attempted to invent a form of government that could be limited by various means, by public means available to humans under a non-violent process, but progressive idealists require a government supposedly virtuous or "Good" that is not so constricted.

well, then, let's call it tolerable progressive-conforming variants of opinion, ...

We could also call it highly-enriched boron ore, and that would be just as accurate. Highly conservative voices are all over Twitter; there is no shortage of them because a few harassers and libelers can't stop from harassing and libeling. No one is stopping you from driveling on Twitter except yourself. The rules exist to stop Twitter from being Gab, and that's pretty mush it.

We could also call it highly-enriched boron ore, and that would be just as accurate. Highly conservative voices are all over Twitter; there is no shortage of them because a few harassers and libelers can't stop from harassing and libeling. No one is stopping you from driveling on Twitter except yourself. The rules exist to stop Twitter from being Gab, and that's pretty mush it.

Boron was used at Chernobyl. Chernobyl was communist despite what the lamestream media and elitist college professors say. You’ve now been revealed as the leftist globalist commie that you are. Boom!

Boron was used at Chernobyl. Chernobyl was communist despite what the lamestream media and elitist college professors say. You’ve now been revealed as the leftist globalist commie that you are. Boom!

you do a really good idiot schtick. A talent, no doubt, from reading highly enriched boring propaganda drop-*****ed daily on your doorstep by your handlers, which you dutifully, and without question, cut and paste in here.

why is it Progressives consider statist solutions or authoritative privilege the answer, the final solution to solve the crisis of humanity being human?

Last edited:
why is it Progressives consider statist solutions or authoritative privilege the answer, the final solution to solve the crisis of humanity being human?

Since a big part of what we fight against is authoritative privilege (that is, the privilege that allows people to more easily get into positions of authority, and then helps perpetuate that power), that's kind of a silly question.

says you. I didn't even know there was a Gab until some idiot suggested I could find a home there. Was Gab sacked by a team of programmed bots run out by Zucker, or what? Was it ever even a sincere purposed site? Who owns it anyway?

I never use twitter or facebook, so I can't offer any actual knowledge of what they are like, but look at ownership. That's enough to discredit them as authentic service platforms.

Since a big part of what we fight against is authoritative privilege (that is, the privilege that allows people to more easily get into positions of authority, and then helps perpetuate that power), that's kind of a silly question.

not very self-aware. Of course it's the claim of "liberals" to be all out against "authoritative privilege", but look at your proffered "solutions". It's the straw man argument in activist form.

Why is it that so many very privileged folks fork out the money to set up progressive organizations. Look at Sierra Club, the ACLU, or any of Soro's outfits. Even the Koch brothers are statists willing to fork over the big bucks for fake conservative outfits.

says you. I didn't even know there was a Gab until some idiot suggested I could find a home there.

That idiot was me, and I never thought you would like it there. I did think you should see what the result of what you were arguing for would look like.

Was Gab sacked by a team of programmed bots run out by Zucker, or what? Was it ever even a sincere purposed site? Who owns it anyway?

Oh, it's serious all right. Serious as cancer, in more ways than one.

That idiot was me, and I never thought you would like it there. I did think you should see what the result of what you were arguing for would look like.

Oh, it's serious all right. Serious as cancer, in more ways than one.

I'm not too worried about real social media outfits like twitter or facebook, let alone Gab. I figure people will wear themselves out on stupid and learn to think for themselves. In fact, the worse it gets in social media, the sooner most people will move on.

Trump might even learn to do reality shows or something.

I am amazed at the endless issues "liberals" wanna fix about us.

Exhibit 19,837,672,912 on Ben Shapiro being a complete *** clown. I guess saying baseless and shocking things is what gets you the clicks. It’s amazing how obsessed he is with the LGBT community. he’s not the intellectual that his fanboys make him out to be: