What's new

All Aboard the 2019-2020 Trans UJ Express Championship Trolley

What I hope is that Conley starts playing like he has in recent years and the Jazz become the team we were all expecting coming into the season, which is a top 2 team in the west. I don't think we get there is Conley is a bench player or if he continues to play the way he has so far this year.

He has NOT been good this year, but he has been a very good player in recent years. Let's all just hope he earns his place on the starting line-up and we can forget about him coming off the bench.
nah Conley's gonna come off the bench for us. on the second unit he's gonna be the man with the ball plus a big man who's actually good at catching and finishing around the rim + a reliable hook. the fit is just better. let ingles do his thing. Gobert and DM both benefit more from Jingles' passing/shooting.

nah Conley's gonna come off the bench for us. on the second unit he's gonna be the man with the ball plus a big man who's actually good at catching and finishing around the rim + a reliable hook. the fit is just better. let ingles do his thing. Gobert and DM both benefit more from Jingles' passing/shooting.
Your opinion on so many things has been complete trash. This is just another example.

Your opinion on so many things has been complete trash. This is just another example.
you don't think Ingles at 6'8 is better than Conley in feeding Rudy those high lob-passes? just click on any recent game highlights and watch Ingles executing these passes. Conley at 6'0 is simply not gonna be able to feed Rudy the same way. his bounce pass and tight pocket pass only works with big men who are already skilled at catch and finish, like Z-Bo, Marc Gasol, Valanciunas. Soon Bradley's name will be on that list.

giphy.gif

you don't think Ingles at 6'8 is better than Conley in feeding Rudy those high lob-passes? just click on any recent game highlights and watch Ingles executing these passes. Conley at 6'0 is simply not gonna be able to feed Rudy the same way. Conley needs a big man who's already skilled at catch and finish, like Z-Bo, Marc Gasol, Valanciunas. Soon Bradley's name will be on that list.

giphy.gif
When did I say any of that? I said your opinions have been trash. You don't think your opinions have been trash? Well how would you get your opinions past Gobert's defense? How could your opinions stop Mitchell from scoring on you?

See how saying meaningless stuff works? Because that's your game. Saying **** that doesn't make any kind of sense.

When did I say any of that? I said your opinions have been trash. You don't think your opinions have been trash? Well how would you get your opinions past Gobert's defense? How could your opinions stop Mitchell from scoring on you?

See how saying meaningless stuff works? Because that's your game. Saying **** that doesn't make any kind of sense.
well, you said you don't think we can compete with Conley comin off the bench. well, my point is that Conley actually fits better on the second unit along with TB and Niang than with DM/Rudy. So we'll benefit more from having him off the bench. for ingles that is the opposite. that's all i'm sayin.

if you think that is an incorrect or "trash" opinion, state your rebuttal. or put me on ignore.

no need to talk **** around here

Last edited:
well, you said you don't think we can compete with Conley comin off the bench. well, my point is that Conley actually fits better on the second unit along with TB and Niang than with DM/Rudy. So we'll benefit more from having him off the bench. for ingles that is the opposite. that's all i'm sayin.

if you think that is an incorrect or "trash" opinion, state your rebuttal. or put me on ignore.

no need to talk **** around here

Conley is not a bench player. He's not going to be moved to the bench. There is NO CHANCE what you're suggesting will happen. NONE.

Case closed.

What I hope is that Conley starts playing like he has in recent years and the Jazz become the team we were all expecting coming into the season, which is a top 2 team in the west. I don't think we get there is Conley is a bench player or if he continues to play the way he has so far this year.

Exactly. There are precisely 29 teams in the league that only wish they had the problem of "what to do when Mike Conley gets back."

See we’re up to 5th with the Dallas loss and only a game out of second place. We have to prove ourselves against Lakers and Rockets IMO.

See we’re up to 5th with the Dallas loss and only a game out of second place. We have to prove ourselves against Lakers and Rockets IMO.
i believe we actually have a better matchup against Hou now cuz of our improved shooting and Russ being Russ. it's definitely the Lakers that will cause us trouble

Conley is not a bench player. He's not going to be moved to the bench. There is NO CHANCE what you're suggesting will happen. NONE.

Case closed.
whether or not we will play Conley off the bench is one thing. whether or not we should is something entirely different. DL spent a lot of money and assets to acquire him after all. but remember those "Ed will figure things out and play better" or "no way TB play over Ed" people and look at where we are now. i have faith in Quin to do the right thing. he's too good of a coach not to.

i believe we actually have a better matchup against Hou now cuz of our improved shooting and Russ being Russ. it's definitely the Lakers that will cause us trouble
I hear ya. They seem improved to me, but I hope you’re right. We’re improved too though, definitely gotta stick those threes if we draw them again.

The Jazz are the best 3 point shooting team in the league by a pretty big margin and have 4 guy's in the top 25: Niang at 46.2%, O'Neale at 43.6%, Bogey at 41.8% and Ingles at 41.2%. Clarkson is shooting 41.2% in his 6 games with the Jazz.

Gotta keep taking advantage of this easy stretch, late January through February will be crazy:

Untitled.jpg

Yeah but plenty of home games and very little travel miles. Other than 2 days in Texas Jazz go virtually a month without having to step on a plane.

I'd gladly take that tradeoff for an increased SOS.