What's new

All-Time Draft 2nd round: Hotttnickkk vs Jazzyapma

Who would win in a 7 game series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mods - as much as I enjoy re-living this marginal victory, please un-sticky this thread and sticky the semi-final match up thread.

Many thanks..

The same twin towers who got so beaten down by Kareem that they and their Rockets beat Kareem's Lakers in 6 to go to the NBA Finals?

so? it's a team game. kareem was 39 and he still averaged 27/6.8/3.4/2.4 against 2 rising superstars - well above his average. kareem was visibly angry for his 'poor' performance. just think about it. 39 year old dropping 27pts(shooting was only .496% because he had 1 really bad game) against 2 young defensive studs. and remember both were all stars. sampson was allstar mvp that year. 2nd team all nba.

and i remember that series. kareem just looked like he was on his last leg, but still got his points. but he just couldn't get back on D anymore. it just seemed to me everything was just a heavy labor. happens to all other late 30's players. cruise in the regular season, but show their age in the playoffs. my pop is a biggest laker fan and he wanted kareem to retire. his own quote 'young kareem drops 50 on these chumps at will'. but still got his points.

and that same 39 year old grandpa is the only center who dropped back to back 40 on hakeem. happened in feb & march of 1986. if you know anybody who dropped back to back 40 on hakeem in his prime, then let me know. i really can't think of anybody who did it.

moses malone - never dropped 40 on hakeem
patrick ewing - never dropped 40 on hakeem
david robinson - did it once, hakeem dropped multiple 40pts on drob
zo - never dropped 40 on hakeem. not even 30. his highest was 25 on hakeem in 2001. lol
shaq - never dropped 40 on hakeem, most ever he dropped was 37 in 1999
kareem - dropped 46 shooting .700 fg%. and then next meeting? dropped 43 shootin .667 fg% at 39 against 2 devastating defensive presence. he also has another 40pt performance against the twin towers

30+ pts performance against hakeem

kareem - 9 times - 3 of them were 40+pts. in 2 year span 85 and 86 - kareem was 38-39
shaq - 5 times, and 2 of them were against 37 year old hakeem and never faced twin tower.
drob - 5 times - but never faced the twin tower.
ewing - 4 times
moses - once
zo - none

now imagine, what young kareem would do on the offensive end against the twin tower. he would get his points, and neutralize smaller hakeem for sure. i would say a typical night for young kareem against twin tower would be 40/15. hakeem will get his points too, but it won't look pretty. efficiency will go down drastically. young kareem was a legit 7ft 2 with athleticism.

anyway, back to my original point. dwight howard won't be able to do anything to stop kareem. i mean talk about a total mismatch. if yao can make dwight look like a journey man, then kareem will make him look like a total scrub. kareem was that good and dwight is that bad against a legit center.

Last edited:
Why did the mods un-sticky the other 2nd round threads and not this one?

Stop ****ing with me, Stoked.

Why did the mods un-sticky the other 2nd round threads and not this one?

Stop ****ing with me, Stoked.

LOL ... yeah too funny. May be the mods no longer peruse the Jazz forum.. too busy having fun in my "Name change.." thread in GD.