What's new

All-Time Draft 2nd round: Spycam1 vs White Chocolate

Who would win in a 7 game series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
pierce is better than prime tmac? that's new. never heard of that. very refreshing

tmac
2× All-NBA First Team (2002–2003)
3× All-NBA Second Team (2001, 2004, 2007)
2× All-NBA Third Team (2005, 2008)
2× NBA scoring champion (2003–2004)

pierce
All-NBA Second Team (2009)
3× All-NBA Third Team (2002–2003, 2008)

why prime tmac is better than prime pierce

1. and 9 out of 10 GM would take prime tmac to start a team over pierce. hell, if kobe and tmac were both FA in 02-03, i would say it would say 5 out 10 GMs would've taken tmac over friggin KOBE.

2. arguably tmac was the best player in the league in 02-03 season. 32.1 avg. carried his team to playoffs.

3. tmac is much better basketball talent. This is not debatable. tmac was better scorer, better passer, and better rebounder

4. tmac has better measurables - taller, longer, and more athletic.

only thing pierce has on tmac is intangibles and perceived clutchness. i'm not a big 'clutch' guy. it's overrated. it's a team game. and tmac put up very good numbers in the playoffs. and he made plenty of big shots in his career. IMO, tmac would've been a great pippen. he never was a lead dog material. he puts too much pressure on his shoulders.

and clutch factor doesn't even matter in this debate. because both pierce & tmac aren't lead dogs here. tmac won't have a pressure to carry the team. he will cruise as #3 or even 4th option.

light years better?
Most of this post is bad, but my god!!! Not one gm would take Tmac over Kobe, and any gm that would, would lose his job.

pierce is better than prime tmac? that's new. never heard of that. very refreshing

tmac
2× All-NBA First Team (2002–2003)
3× All-NBA Second Team (2001, 2004, 2007)
2× All-NBA Third Team (2005, 2008)
2× NBA scoring champion (2003–2004)

pierce
All-NBA Second Team (2009)
3× All-NBA Third Team (2002–2003, 2008)

why prime tmac is better than prime pierce

1. and 9 out of 10 GM would take prime tmac to start a team over pierce. hell, if kobe and tmac were both FA in 02-03, i would say it would say 5 out 10 GMs would've taken tmac over friggin KOBE.

2. arguably tmac was the best player in the league in 02-03 season. 32.1 avg. carried his team to playoffs.

3. tmac is much better basketball talent. This is not debatable. tmac was better scorer, better passer, and better rebounder

4. tmac has better measurables - taller, longer, and more athletic.

only thing pierce has on tmac is intangibles and perceived clutchness. i'm not a big 'clutch' guy. it's overrated. it's a team game. and tmac put up very good numbers in the playoffs. and he made plenty of big shots in his career. IMO, tmac would've been a great pippen. he never was a lead dog material. he puts too much pressure on his shoulders.

and clutch factor doesn't even matter in this debate. because both pierce & tmac aren't lead dogs here. tmac won't have a pressure to carry the team. he will cruise as #3 or even 4th option.

light years better?

Negged for worst post of the year, and for a complete lack of intelligence.

Pierce has had the better career, but I would say that McGrady's best year was better than Pierce's best year.

Most of this post is bad, but my god!!! Not one gm would take Tmac over Kobe, and any gm that would, would lose his job.

my memory is fine. kobe and tmac were equal back in 03. kobe still had 'he plays with shaq' tag back then. and tmac was a league leading scorer and many considered him the best player that year.

between 2000-2001 to 2002-2003 stats

tmac
26.8/7.5/4.6 .457 fg% .355 3fg% (all nba 2nd team)
25.6/7.9/5.3 .451 fg% .364 3fg% (all nba 1st team)
32.1/6.5/5.5 .457 fg% .386 3fg% (all nba 1st team)

kobe
28.5/5.9/5.0 .464 fg% .305 3fg% (all nba 2nd team)
25.2/5.5/5.5 .469 fg% .205 3fg% (all nba 1st team)
30.0/6.9/5.9 .451 fg% .383 3fg% (all nba 1st team)

many people had mixed feelings on kobe. many of them are probably just MJ homers who were threatened by kobe's greatness. no joke, there were plenty of 'kobe puts up number because of shaq' crowd.

and if you objectively look at those 3 years (both didn't hit their prime yet) both were pretty much equal in terms of talent/skill. kobe was quicker of the two, but tmac was taller and longer. overall offensive arsenal was pretty much wash. tmac was actually more consistent 3pt shooter of the two at this stage and tmac was year younger and kobe was 1 year more experienced.

so in 2003

both puts up great stats
tmac is year younger
both were known for defense
tmac didn't have anybody around him compared to kobe

there would've been plenty of GM who would've taken tmac over kobe. it's not like kobe one those final mvps. kobe was league wide considered a 'robin'.

but hey, it would be a grave mistake for sure. i'm a major kobe guy. i love kobe. never really embraced tmac even when he was a rising superstar. ultimately tmac never achieved better season than 2003 because of his back. he was still a great all around player, but his back problem wasn't going away and he gradually loses his explosive athleticism.

anyway, paul pierce can't touch those stats tmac put up. pierce was not better than 2003 tmac at any point of his career. none. zero. nada. numbers lie, but not in this case. superior talent is superior.

Last edited:
Pierce has had the better career, but I would say that McGrady's best year was better than Pierce's best year.

it's been an epidemic. some dudes here can't grasp prime/peak vs. career. no matter how many time i preach the damn thing, bozos won't try to learn

Negged for worst post of the year, and for a complete lack of intelligence.

this is what tmac put up first 4 playoff appearances after he became a magic

33.8/6.5/8.3 .415%
30.8/6.3/5.5 .462%
31.7/6.7/4.7 .448%
30.7/7.4/6.7 .456% (as a rocket)

2 nba first team and 2 nba 2nd team in his pre prime years. pierce actually never won any all nba 1st or 2nd all nba team during his prime years.

was he a career playoff loser? yes. but was it all his fault? no. just look at those numbers. tmac was infinitely better scorer than pierce ever was. did pierce have bigger heart and intangibles? yes. but that doesn't mean pierce was better than tmac.

Please let it be known that I have changed my vote to White Choc instead of Spy. I made a mistake when voting. Thanks.

Numbers don't tell the full story. I couldn't even care even if he put up 100 ppg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so are you saying tmac is 100% empty stat? getouttahere.

again, in this game, he is just a piece to a puzzle. he doesn't have to carry the team. he doesn't have to do everything by himself. i already said tmac would've been a great Pippen. he ain't leading anybody. he is not a leader of men.

so are you saying tmac is 100% empty stat? getouttahere.

again, in this game, he is just a piece to a puzzle. he doesn't have to carry the team. he doesn't have to do everything by himself. i already said tmac would've been a great Pippen. he ain't leading anybody. he is not a leader of men.

So your saying 5/10 gms would take a support guy like a Tracy McGrady over a lead guy like Kobe. I'm sorry but you've been all over the map with all these comments, and thanks for proving my last point that numbers don't tell the full story with your last sentence.

You have no credibility with me, and you pretty. Much don't know what the hell your talking about.

So your saying 5/10 gms would take a support guy like a Tracy McGrady over a lead guy like Kobe. I'm sorry but you've been all over the map with all these comments, and thanks for proving my last point that numbers don't tell the full story with your last sentence.

You have no credibility with me, and you pretty. Much don't know what the hell your talking about.

in 2003, yes. i repeat IN 2003

obviously nobody knew what tmac would become. he was just a 23 year old rising superstar. did you predict tmac would come up short in the playoffs? did you know tmac would have a chronic back problem? did you already knew tmac didn't have that killer in him? did you predict grant hill to be never the same?

tmac was a 1st team all nba twice by age of 23. twice scoring leader. taller & longer than kobe and had better 3pt fg%. overall tmac put up slightly better numbers too. why wouldn't you think some gms would take tmac over kobe?

in 2003, yes. i repeat IN 2003

obviously nobody knew what tmac would become. he was just a 23 year old rising superstar. did you predict tmac would come up short in the playoffs? did you know tmac would have a chronic back problem? did you already knew tmac didn't have that killer in him? did you predict grant hill to be never the same?

tmac was a 1st team all nba twice by age of 23. twice scoring leader. taller & longer than kobe and had better 3pt fg%. overall tmac put up slightly better numbers too. why wouldn't you think some gms would take tmac over kobe?

Let's also not forget that your the idiot that felt the need to disrupt our draft repeatedly like an *** to criticize the drafting of McGrady and others. You need to shut the hell up already!!!

my memory is fine. kobe and tmac were equal back in 03. kobe still had 'he plays with shaq' tag back then. and tmac was a league leading scorer and many considered him the best player that year.

between 2000-2001 to 2002-2003 stats

tmac
26.8/7.5/4.6 .457 fg% .355 3fg% (all nba 2nd team)
25.6/7.9/5.3 .451 fg% .364 3fg% (all nba 1st team)
32.1/6.5/5.5 .457 fg% .386 3fg% (all nba 1st team)

kobe
28.5/5.9/5.0 .464 fg% .305 3fg% (all nba 2nd team)
25.2/5.5/5.5 .469 fg% .205 3fg% (all nba 1st team)
30.0/6.9/5.9 .451 fg% .383 3fg% (all nba 1st team)

many people had mixed feelings on kobe. many of them are probably just MJ homers who were threatened by kobe's greatness. no joke, there were plenty of 'kobe puts up number because of shaq' crowd.

and if you objectively look at those 3 years (both didn't hit their prime yet) both were pretty much equal in terms of talent/skill. kobe was quicker of the two, but tmac was taller and longer. overall offensive arsenal was pretty much wash. tmac was actually more consistent 3pt shooter of the two at this stage and tmac was year younger and kobe was 1 year more experienced.

so in 2003

both puts up great stats
tmac is year younger
both were known for defense
tmac didn't have anybody around him compared to kobe

there would've been plenty of GM who would've taken tmac over kobe. it's not like kobe one those final mvps. kobe was league wide considered a 'robin'.

but hey, it would be a grave mistake for sure. i'm a major kobe guy. i love kobe. never really embraced tmac even when he was a rising superstar. ultimately tmac never achieved better season than 2003 because of his back. he was still a great all around player, but his back problem wasn't going away and he gradually loses his explosive athleticism.

anyway, paul pierce can't touch those stats tmac put up. pierce was not better than 2003 tmac at any point of his career. none. zero. nada. numbers lie, but not in this case. superior talent is superior.

Kobe - Work Ethic + injuries = Tmac

In 2003, no one thought TMac was a better player than Kobe. Anybody who watched the Lakers win three rings with Kobe and Shaq saw that Shaq needed Kobe just as much as Kobe needed Shaq. Kobe at such a young age hit HUGE shot after HUGE shot. I'm a Jordan homer and found myself watching MJ again. Hell, even in the press conferences after the games, Shaq referred to Kobe as the best player on the planet. Because he was imo.

McGrady was a statstuffer. He won zero playoff series.

Comparing the two is like comparing Robert Plant to Kid Rock.